Fairuza Balk (born Fairuza Alejandra Feldthouse, May 21, 1974 in Point Reyes, California) is an American actress.
Her films to date include:
- Return to Oz (1985)
- The Worst Witch (1986)
- Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995)
- The Craft (1996)
- The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996) (1996)
- American History X (1998)
- The Waterboy (1998)
- Almost Famous (2000)
- All Witches Have Cats: Owns a black cat.
- Dye Hard: Her natural hair color seems to be brown, but is often black.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Particularly in The Craft.
- Former Child Star: One who turned out rather well.
- Goth: In The Craft.
- Irony as She Is Cast: American History X. Casting a Roma woman and outspoken anti-ziganophobe as a neo-Nazi.
- Older Than They Look: Is in her mid-forties, but looks to be in her late 20s-early 30s tops. Cue jokes in the fandom about her using black magic to slow down the aging process.
- Reality Subtext: She has played witches in two movies, The Worst Witch and The Craft. In real life, she is a practicing Wiccan, and even used to own an occult shop.
- She has also appeared in Celebrity Ghost Stories once or twice, so yeah.
- Slasher Smile / Psychotic Smirk: She has this down to an art, most notably in The Craft.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: She's named after them: "Fairuza" is the Farsi word for turquoise.