Elena Marie Satine (born November 24, 1987) is a Georgian-American actress, model, and singer.
Satine started young, being part of a pop-group called Negrebi at the ripe old age of five. At the same time, her family moved from Tbilisi in Georgia to Sochi in Russia, where she would be a record-holder: The youngest ever performer to headline a festival, at the age of nine. In 1998, she went with her mother on a business trip to New York City, but snuck away to audition for a local arts school, which she earned the admission pretty much immediately. She convinced her parents to let her stay and study in the US, thus leading her to move there and graduate the arts school at age 16. She continued her Dramatic Studies in Russia soon after.
Satine ended up with a TV role about five years later, with her debut role as Nadia Koslov in Cold Case, which was the start of a few onscreen deaths. She would end toiling in the more obscure reaches of the media, including small appearances here and there in series such as Smallville and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
This was, of course, before she starred as Louise Ellis in the fourth season of Revenge. She started out as a recurring character, but soon rose to the rank of series regular. This momentum would lead into her role as Judith Campbell, the mistress of John F. Kennedy, in Timeless. Though she only appeared in one episode, her star began to shine even brighter. This would lead to 2017, where her biggest year would occur as she participated in three projects, but one was more well-regarded over the other two: Dreamer from The Gifted. As Dreamer, she was basically the most beloved character on the show. This, despite appearing in a only a select few episodes, ended up increasing her popularity by a good amount.
In 2013, Satine and The All-American Rejects lead singer Tyson Ritter got engaged, then married. In the meantime, they both made a short-lived Web Original Cooking Show called Cooking with the Sophisticates.
Tropes associated with her work:
- Chronically Killed Actor:
- In her very first role, in Cold Case, She was poisoned by Phoebe Curtis in 1989.
- In a film called Don't Look Up, she fell to her death from a scaffold. The circumstances to this are unknown.
- Dies from breast cancer offscreen in Timeless.
- Shot and left to bleed out in the final episode of Magic City.
- Shot in the chest in The Gifted.
- Averted in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Despite being a villainess responsible for some deaths and taunting her love rival Sif, Sif makes a point of not killing her and capturing her alive instead.
- Former Child Star: Averted. Satine has been active in the arts since she was five, and yet from all accounts, she was never really all that affected by that by the time she first acted, in 2008.
- Ms. Fanservice: Basically her specialty. There's Lorelei in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., whose whole power is the ability to enthrall men to her will, Judi Silver in Magic City, a High-Class Call Girl who as such appears nude several times, Judith Campbell in Timeless, a gangster's moll, and more than we are able to list.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: In Revenge, where she played Southerner Louise Ellis, or at least tried to.