Brian Yuzna is a Filipino-American director and producer known mainly for splatter and slasher horror films, in particular the Re-Animator series with Stuart Gordon.
Works as director:
- Society (1989)
- Bride of Re-Animator (1990)
- Initiation: Silent Night, Deadly Night 4 (1990)
- Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993)
- Necronomicon (1993)
- The Dentist (1996)
- The Dentist 2 (1998)
- Faust: Love of the Damned (2000)
- Beyond Re-Animator (2003)
- Rottweiler (2004)
This film maker provides examples of:
- Body Horror: All over the place in Society (which features truly disgusting bodily mutation and distortions), but it also pops up in other works such as Necronomicon (inspired by H.P. Lovecraft), Return of the Living Dead Part 3 -where zombie Julie sticks metal spikes and glass shards all over her body-, and Faust in a Fan Disservice scene.
- He Also Did: He's mainly known for his horror movies, but he also worked on Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
- Lovecraft on Film: The Re-Animator series and Necronomicon are both loosely adapted from Lovecraft stories.
- Production Posse: He and Stuart Gordon frequently work with Jeffrey Combs.