Smosh Comics are a series of comic books produced by Dynamite, based on the popular YouTube sketch comedy show of the same name. The books follow "the Super Virgin Squad", a superhero team of nerdy high school students made up of reoccurring Smosh characters. The team consists of Billy, an immature geek with the power to hover, Paulie, a headgear clad nerd who can bite through anything, and Stevie, with the ability to heal others through the power of love. Each issue also features a comedic short following the antics of Benny-Jean and That Damn Neighbour. Boxman will also be featured in upcoming issues.
This work contains examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptation Deviation: Aside from the above example, the books change a few details from the videos. For example, Stevie is aged down to be a teen like Billy and Paulie, rather then a 38 year old. Billy is given more intelligence and That Damn Neighbour is seen annoying Benny-Jean in other ways aside from stealing his pet flamingo.
- Basement-Dweller: Their secret HQ, the Virgin-Cave, is in Stevie's basement.
- Badass Gay: Paulie, the most competent of the virgins, is revealed to be gay in issue 2.
- Celibate Hero: Billy, Paulie and Stevie are virgins by choice in order to harness their superpowers.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Their one weakness. Happens to Billy in issue 1, and then again to Billy and Stevie in issue 2 when Amanda vandalizes their V-Cave with sexy pin-ups (though Paulie isn't effected because he isn't attracted to women.)
- Fangirl: Amanda Cuddie, a girl interested in joining the squad who is friends with Paulie, but whom Billy cannot stand.
- Gay Guy Seeks Popular Jock: Paulie winds up dancing at prom with the popular boy Amanda had been trying to get with.
- High-School Dance: The second issue takes place during prom.
- Healing Hands: Stevie can heal people and animals by hugging them.
- Hat of Flight: Billy's dorky helicopter hat is at least partially responsible for his superpower.
- Love Potion: The virgins use one on the entire student body, thinking Amanda is planning on making the entire school celibate with her own potion.
- Now, That's Using Your Teeth!: Paulie's super-strong teeth and jaws.