Motor Crush is a comic co-created by Babs Tarr, Brenden Fletcher, and Cameron Stewart, the same team behind the 2014 Batgirl revamp.
Domino Swift is a motorcycle racer preparing to take part in the world championship. At night, she takes part in dangerous and illegal races where the winner takes home a supply of Crush, a "machine narcotic" that can boost the performance of motorcycles.
Motor Crush is a 2016 series published by Image Comics. The first 11 issues were published monthly, and later collected into two volumes. In August 2018 it was announced that the series would drop the monthly format and the next story arc would be going straight to paperback. Volume 3 is set to be released July 2019.
This comic contains examples of:
- Badass Biker, Biker Babe: Given that the series heavily revolves around motorcycle races, many of the characters fall into this category.
- Batter Up!: On the Cannonball circuit Domino uses a cricket bat covered in nails to knock other riders off their bikes. Her speciality is even called 'Batter Up'.
- Big Damn Kiss: Domino and Lola share one at the end of issue 11.
- Broken Faceplate: One of the covers for issue 3 has Dom staring though a cracked helmet. Currently the page image.
- Butch Lesbian: Dom only shows interest in Lola and is a more masculine biker.
- Call-Back: The woman with a lucky poker chip in Book 1 appears again in issue ten at the Casino. She wins the jackpot.
- Cute Machines: The Catballs, expressive floating robots that livestream the WGP racers.
- Friendly Rivalry: Domino's relationships with Calax and Sonoya fall into this category. Although they compete against each other, off the track they are good friends.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Beatriz breaks up with Lola because she knows she wants to return to Dom.
- Nerdy Inhaler: Averted. Despite being a badass biker, Dom uses an inhaler. But of course, it's not asthma, but a Crush related condition...
- Sinister Geometry: The crush-related threatening pyramid shape (a Delta) in Book 2 is an example. It starts a fire and destroys the building it was in.
- Sweetie Graffiti: Domino's motorcycle in issue 1 has "DS + LDC" engraved on it.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Lola is a very sweet woman and is more often than supportive of Domino and particularly loves Sully.
- Time Skip: Volume 2 takes place 2 years after the events of Volume 1. However from Domino's perspective, only a few minutes have passed: she time travelled.