open/close all folders
The Students Collectively
Tropes applying to the 16 students
- The Ace: Obviously, considering that everyone here is at the top of their field.
- Affectionate Nickname: Kat gives this out to basically everyone.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: In chapter two, there is a point of view change.
- Broken Ace: There are a lot of hints that many of the characters have some serious demons. Shoma is probably the best example of this that we know of so far.
- Teen Genius: A surprising amount of characters fit this trope.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Played straight for a lot of the cast.
- Wacky Homeroom: As per series tradition, things can get pretty wild.
Ultimate Genetic Engineer
- Apologises a Lot: Usually prefaces her words with "I'm sorry."
- Shrinking Violet: Debatable, especially with her tendency to apologize.
- Action Girl: Misa is never afraid to throw herself into the thick of things. Her talent also hints towards this.
- Deadpan Snarker: Misa has a tendency to be very sarcastic when the situation calls for it. So always.
- Fiery Redhead: Misa fits this trope to a T. No doubt about it. It's what she deserves.
- Just Like Robin Hood: How the rest of the cast sees her.
- Lovable Rogue: It helps that Misa is the protagonist.
- Mama Bear: She really doesn't like it when someone threatens someone she's close to...
- Price on Their Head: Misa has one for supposedly killing her lover.
- Street Smart: Makes sense, given her talent.
- Action Girl: Like Misa, Fujiko is always ready to brawl if she needs to.
- Homeschooled Kids: Satsuki reveals that she was homeschooled.
- Shrinking Violet: Very quiet and seems to hate when attention is on her.
Ultimate Robotics Engineer
- Herr Doktor: Despite being Japanese, Shouko has a German accent.
- Large Ham: Definitely the most dramatic of the cast and loves her dramatic gestures.
- Mad Scientist: Her entire personality.
Ultimate Chess Grandmaster
- The Chessmaster: If you doubt this, just go back to Chapter One.
- Manipulative Bastard: Again, see Chapter One and what he did to Itami.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: He has white hair, but the trope applies.
Ultimate Horror Novelist
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge: Rudolph knows a lot of random facts due to research for his various stories.
Ultimate Explosives Technician
- Bomb Throwing Anarchist: Denies being one, despite his past ties to an anarchist terrorist group.
- The Nicknamer: Gives everyone a nickname.