Per wiki policy, Spoilers Off applies here and all spoilers are unmarked. You Have Been Warned.
- The opening cinematic is the most action-packed in the series to date, featuring a gang of raiders boarding the shuttle taking the Vault Hunters to Elpis, and the Vault Hunters fighting them off in style. The choice of song accompanies the action perfectly.
- Moxxi's Batman Gambit to destroy the Eye of the Destroyer using an enormous singularity. Doubles as Visual Effects of Awesome.Moxxi: Good job, everybody!
Jack: What- Moxxi? What the hell are you doing?!
Moxxi: Betraying you, trying to kill you. Two things I shoulda done a long time ago, you power-hungry psychopath.
- While it does show the start of his Villainous Breakdown, Jack finally telling Tassiter off, after he (and you) had to put up with him for most of the game, is downright glorious.Tassiter: What's going on up there, John? The readings we've—
Jack: SHUT THE HELL UP, TASSITER! SHUT. THE HELL. UP! My ex-girlfriend and her two BFFs just tried to kill me, and the LAST thing I need right now is your senile ass WHINING IN MY EAR! If I get ONE more message from you that isn't, "Attaboy Jack", or, "I'm sending you a big bag of money", I'm gonna reach through my ECHO communicator and GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT WITH MY PINKIES! ARE. WE. CLEAR?!
Tassiter: I... Goodbye, John.
Jack: GOODBYE! THANK YOU FOR CALLING!
- It sort of did more harm than good (it's a little hard to tell whether using the Eridian device or having it punched into him finally did in Jack's mind), but Lilith punching Jack in the face with all the knowledge of the universe was still pretty badass.Lilith: Sup' Handsome?
- The entire epilogue. We already know that Jack asked Tassiter if he knew the difference between choking and strangling, but seeing it actually play out is a whole new level of chilling.
- The Reveal of Sequel Escalation on a much grander scale than we ever imagined this series could get. To put it in a way that won't spoil: "You will need all the Vault Hunters you can get."
- "What Makes a Good Man?" Once again, we get some kickass music by The Heavy in the credits, which also happens to be quite fitting for the whole tale as well as the accompanying epilogue slideshow.
- The fact that someone as upbeat, positive, nice and selfless as Janey Springs could be produced on somewhere as hostile and unforgiving as Elpis is nothing short of miraculous.
- A moment from the end-game, where a Lost Legion soldier surrenders to the Vault Hunters and Jack orders them to kill him. Each character has a different response if you refuse to kill him, but of particular note is the Doppelganger's. Over the course of the game, "Jack" grows very uncomfortable with a lot of the real Jack's decisions, and his refusal to kill the soldier is accompanied with an ice cold:"Jack": I'm not you, Jack.
- In many ways, the Doppelganger becomes the sort of person Jack believed himself to be at the start of the game; a hero that tries to save people.
- In the mission Space Slam, you must ride a jump pad and subsequently slam a basketball hoop. This can be a very challenging task, made more difficult by the fact that if you are trying to complete the optional challenge of jumping while on fire, you only have four chances to do so (there are four fire barrels in the area) before you have to reload the game. When you *do* slam the hoop, however, you're rewarded with fireworks, the 1812 Overture, and a humorous line from the character you're playing on how they became such an amazing basketball player, and it feels awesome.
- The mission where you actually assault and clear out the Hub of Helios, as well as the battle on the Lunar Launching Station, are arguably some of the best levels in the game. You and your friends got chased out of the space station at the start of the game, but now you come back with a vengeance.
- You know those little ear worms? Those little songs that get stuck in your head and will never leave? No matter how hard you try? Well, one of the missions in the Claptastic Voyage lets you kill one. And it feels so good. Until you realize the song is stuck in YOUR head now.
- In the Claptastic Voyage DLC, Claptrap's Consciousness snapping at the Pre-Sequel Vault Hunters after one too many insults. Sure, Claptrap's annoying and the others are fun to play as, but they've also verbally abused Claptrap throughout their entire time together.
- Sure, the Sentinel was awesome, and Eleseer was beautiful. But what's even more awesome? Battling the toughest, hardest, most frustrating and most annoying enemy in the history of the franchise, and winning. Despite all of his insults, despite being an utter Sociopath, despite his "Instant Death" Radius, Shadowtrap is still no match for the Pandoran equivalent of Jedi Knights.
- Even the fight itself is awesome. The token Butt-Monkey of the series who has been repeatedly tossed aside, insulted, and ignored, is shown his actual programming which is so powerful, it has the ability to turn itself into a gigantic mecha and a space station complete with laser batteries and missiles.
- Once Aurelia gets pissed enough at Jack's increasing insanity over the course of the game, she goes on this great rant:Aurelia: Right. Thats it. I had my fun, Jack, so I shall leave you with this one final piece of wisdom that your plasticine face will surely ignore: Kill yourself. Darling, Im evil. Lets not kid ourselves, but you. Youre just something else entirely. Youre far better off opening the throat beneath that ludicrously soul-patched face than suffer the bloody karma that I imagine the universe has in store for you. And with that, I shall bid you adieu. Additionally, your breath smells like farts.
- Aurelia in general. Wilhelm and Nisha are just as amoral and bloodthirsty as Jack is becoming, while the other three are all bound by various obligations (Athena's code of professionalism, Timothy's contract as Jack's body double, and Claptrap's programming), but Aurelia only signed up to relieve her boredom, letting her call Jack out in ways that the others can't or won't. By the final stretch of the game, she is even openly insulting him. It's also quite clear that the only reason she is even sticking around by that point is because of Moxxi, Lilith and Roland's attempt to kill Jack came just as close to killing her as well.