The film begins with Hitsgaya and Rangiku helping to escort a device known as "The King's Seal" for one of the Royal Families. However en route, the convoy is attacked, the King's Seal stolen and Hitsugaya goes missing in the confusion.
Naturally, the Soul Society, in their usual infinite wisdom, assume Hitsugaya stole it and put out a manhunt on him. Ichigo, unaware of any of this, ends up running into a wounded Histuguya himself and tries to get answers but he refuses to tell him what's going on. What follows is both Ichigo, his friends, and Hitsuguya trying to find the real culprit behind the theft and get to the bottom of the mystery of why they want to frame him while having to clash against most of the Gotei 13.
Released in 2007. Viz Media dubbed it and released the English version on Blu-Ray in 2009.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Well, punch, to be more accurate, which is what Ichigo gives to Hitsugaya when the latter insists on doing things on his own even after the situation with the Big Bad has reached the breaking point.
- Big Bad: Sōjirō. A former Soul Reaper and friend of Hitsugaya's that was executed after failing the test to see who was worthy of the power of the Hyōrinmaru.
- Body Horror: Yin and Yang should be a little more careful who they choose to follow.. turns out when someone has infinite control over reality, he doesn't hesitate to turn subordinates into turrets.
- Clear My Name: One part of Hitsugaya's mission is to do this while at the same time seeing if he knows who the real thief was.
- Colossus Climb: The heroes ended up having to do this in the final battle due to Sojiro's Hollow form after smashing the Kings Seal.
- A Day in the Spotlight: The film focuses entirely on Hitsugaya, this was due to the fact that he was a fairly popular character at the time in Japan.
- Girl Posse: Yin and Yang are this for Sōjirō, acting as his henchwomen of sorts.
- Lawful Stupid: The Central 46, per usual. No explanation is given for why there cant be two Hyōrinmaru, just that thats the rule. Crosses over with Violation of Common Sense if theres no good reason, since having two powerful fighters in an organization that fights monsters for a living would only be an advantage.
- Lightning Lash: Yin fights with a whip that channels electricity and can fire condensed balls of lightning.
- Revenge: Sōjirō main objective as he wishes to get back at the Soul Society for their unfair laws which ended up costing him his life. He thinks that Hitsugaya wants the same, hence why he framed him.
- One-Winged Angel: After breaking the King's Seal, Sōjirō becomes a huge monstrosity, later turning Yin and Yang into this likewise, that needs all of the Gotei 13 to defeat them.
- Poor Communication Kills: A lot of what happens in the film could've been avoided if Hitsuguya had just bothered to tell anyone who he thought the thief was instead of going lone wolf. Even Ichigo point blank tells him to just talk with the people he trusts.
- Secret Test of Character: A flashback reveals that Histugaua and Sōjirō ended up acquiring the same power of Hyōrinmaru. However this is forbidden within the laws of Soul Society and the two were pitted against each other to see who would be the true wielder of it. Sōjirō ended up attacking Hitsugaya to claim the power, but it turned out that the real test was to see who would break first. As such Hitsugaya was deemed worthy of the power, but he was less than happy about it as he saw his best friend executed before his eyes, Sōjirō cursing Soul Society and Hitsugaya for his fate.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Ichigo gives the Gotei 13 this just for assuming Hitsugaya was trying to turn against the Soul Society before he was even given a chance to explain himself. Sure Hitsugaya wasn't helping matters by attacking them when they tracked him down, but they should've known full well he would never intentionally try to hurt someone and, considering they have been manipulated in the past, that something wasn't right about any of this. Indeed in the end It took Shunsui, Ukitake and Mayuri digging into the Soul Society hidden archives, finding out about Sōjirō and presenting this to Yamamoto to finally make him see reason and prove Hitsugaya's innocence.