YMMV: Sly Cooper
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
- Angst? What Angst?: For a guy who saw his parents killed in front of his eyes—as a child, no less—Sly's a pretty level guy.
- It must've helped that he and his two best friends and wingmen grew up with him in the same orphanage.
- Creepy Awesome: Clockwerk.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Dimitri went from the first boss of Sly 2 to be the first person to appear in the second teaser trailer for Thieves in Time.
- Muggshot, the only villain (not pulling a Heel-Face Turn) to be brought back more than once thus far, appearing in two games and an animated short.
- Foe Yay: Sly towards Carmelita, and HOW. Sly outright welcomes her chasing him and states his thefts wouldn't be as fun without her, and that's without getting into the Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other. By the third game, it's pretty much canon.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In a 2002 issue of Playstation Magazine (or "PSM") there was a comic strip in which Sly attempts to crack open a safe, only to discover a card with the words A Winner Is You written on it. In response to this, Bentley exclaims, "Oh no. Now my bookie's going to break my other leg!" Two years later in the ending of Sly 2, Bentley gets his legs shattered while destroying Clock-La.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Apparently the games are very popular in Finland.
- Growing the Beard: The first game was a good if somewhat by-the-numbers platformer. The second game added the ability to play as Bentley and THE MURRAY, and removed Sly's One-Hit-Point Wonder status. The third game, while not as drastic a changeup from the first, greatly improved Bentley's playstyle, simply by putting him in a wheelchair. A wheelchair that was filled with gadgetry.
- He's Just Hiding:
- Some fans insist this about Arpeggio.
- Ditto for Clockwerk.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Po from Kung Fu Panda is kind of similar to Panda King, isn't he? Knows kung-fu, uses his fat to his advantage, and both works use a lot of fireworks.
- Memetic Mutation: Jump and press the circle button! It's repeatedly Lampshaded in-universe.
- Most Wonderful Sound:
- The sounds Clockwerk and Clock-La makes, such as the sound of it's wings flapping, and the flanging effect it's voice has, are so cool.
- The sound of a breaking Clue Bottle.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: You play as a raccoon thief who witnessed his parents' murder at age eight and seeks to avenge their death in the first game. In addition, the series contains suggestive humor, depictions of tobacco use, and references to alcohol. There is even an international drug cartel in Band of Thieves, which was rated E. To this day, no game in the series has ever received a rating higher than E10+.
- The Woobie: Poor, poor Bentley.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: While the redesigns of the characters have been mixed, Murray's has received the most flak.
- Kevin Miller not voicing Sly in the trailer, while Matt Olsen and Chris Murphy reprise their roles as Bentley and Murray respectively.
- Replacement Scrappy: Media example. Fan reaction to Ian James Corlett replacing Kevin Miller as the titular character has been mostly negative.