YMMV: Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Awesome Music: "Hotel Lobby With Muggshot", when Bentley challenges Muggshot to a fight (as part of a plot to lure him and Carmelita together). The music fits perfectly with the gloomy mood of the other pilots and with Muggshot's Jerkass, and plain gross, personality,
- Harsher in Hindsight: ANY scene with Penelope, as she later betrays her gang out of spite, just like Dr. M. Sly even mentions that Bentley and Penelope were "made for each other"; Bentley and Penelope break up in the next game and battle each other in a boss fight.
- Ho Yay:
Bentley: When you guys are done making out, I'll see you back at the safehouse. Sheesh!!
- Moral Event Horizon: Octavio has a few potential crossings. For Sly, it's kidnapping Bentley and threating to use his brains to fertilize his tomatoes, which the turtle is allergic to. For Bentley, it's using tar to kill innocent fish. For Murray, it's kicking Bentley out of his wheelchair and taunting him, which was enough for Murray to abandon his trainings and beat the gut out of Octavio.
- General Tsao, who is very sexist, gets this as well, for forcing the Panda King's daughter to marry him, tying Murray to a bomb and stealing Bentley's computer. Not to mention the summoning of a dragon, who captures Penelope.
- Captain LeFwee secretly following the Cooper Gang as they find the diving gear belonging to Dimitri's grandfather, then revealing himself and taking Penelope hostage (and unintentionally causing her to start resenting Sly). If that's not enough, it's when he tries to kill Bentley, which results in Penelope kicking his ass and sending him to Davy Jones' Locker via hungry sharks.
- Sequelitis: While the game did well with the fans, Carmelita getting a different voice actress and becoming an unlikeable Jerkass and the game being Lighter and Softer than the second were not well received.
- That One Boss:
- Not used to fighting on bamboo against General Tsao? Good luck. While the battle afterwards is easier, it's still very frustrating.
- The underwater boss battle against Dr. M. While it's a boom to play as Dimitri, a former member of the Klaww Gang, his controls are very frustrating. It's like the boss is putting you to the test.
- That One Level:
- The Muggshot's Revenge part of "A Flight of Fancy" can as equal as a pain as Contessa's levels from the last game — especially keeping the eye on the sewer threats.
- Murray pulling the van back to the safehouse, and Penelope and the Panda King having to protect him from harm. It's more difficult than it sounds, especially when you have to use a turret to attack the mooks, since it's possible to hurt Murray, as well.
- Operation: Wedding Crasher. RC Car. Blue lasers. Tight, precision driving. Need we say more?