is a 2007 Third-Person Shooter
made by Cavia for Xbox 360
; the game was published by AQ Interactive in Japan, Atari in North America and Europe, and Codemasters in Australia.
Taking place in a Crapsack World
, you play as Alicia Claus
as she kills demons and... well, that's pretty much it
. There was something about some guy who killed himself and summoned the demons, but let's face it: no one really cared about that
The game's highlight was that you played as a gun-wielding witch who could use various spells, like calling lighting strikes
, summon tornadoes
, and meteors showers
. Also, your gun could transform into various different weapons
. The game fared poorly in markets and only average in reviews. Problems included awful A.I.
, bad English voice-overs, and bad level design, but the fast action and ultra spells got praise.
Not to be confused with Bayonetta
. Or Marisa Kirisame
This video game features the following tropes:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The final boss, and the giant geists.
- Awesome but Impractical: Pretty much any ultra spell besides Lighting. Tornado looks cool, but kills little. Meteor is actually more likely to kill yourself.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: The leader of the human resistance, Maxwell Cougar.
- Bare Your Midriff: Alicia.
- BFG: Alicia's gun, which is suppose to look like a broomstick, can transform into either a machine gun, a sniper rifle, a shotgun or a gatling gun.
- Black Magician Girl: Alicia.
- Blow You Away: Alicia's Tornado spell.
- "Broom" Stick: Her witches' broom can morph into all sorts of awesome guns!
- Bottomless Magazines: Justified, as her ammo is created through the use of magic.
- Celibate Heroine: Alicia.
- Crapsack World: The world was hit by earthquakes, wars, plague... and now demons. It's a pretty crappy place to live.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite being a witch, Alicia is a good girl.
- Deal with the Devil: How the demon invasion started
- Also, implied how Alicia got her powers.
- Death from Above: Alicia's ultimate spell, Meteor.
- Elemental Powers: Alicia can imbue her ammunition with elemental properties, and can learn spells which control the elements.
- Gatling Good: One of Alicia's most powerful guns.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Alicia Claus is voiced by Sarah Natochenny, who also voices Ash Ketchum on Pokémon from the 9th season on.
- Hot Witch: Alicia, of course.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Alicia's Rose Spear spell summons a dozen spears that burst out of the ground, impaling everything in the area of effect.
- La Résistance: Maxwell Cougar is the leader of the resistance, and you fight along side many of the members in it.
- Lady of War: Alicia's personality has elements of this.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: The guy who throws himself into the pit and summons the demons is Alicia's father.
- Made of Explodium: Shoot any vehicle enough and it will explode. Doesn't matter where you shoot it, either. Shoot the windshield? BOOM!
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Alicia slowly gets her ultimate spells from Darkness.
- Night of the Living Mooks: And day-time, too.
- One-Hit Kill: The result of flinging any physic-affected object into yourself. Usual result of casting Meteor, as it tends to fling things every which way.
- Sensual Spandex: Alicia's downloadable Pixie outfit.
- Shock and Awe: Alicia's Lightning spell.
- Spiritual Successor: To the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex game for the PlayStation 2, as that game was also developed by Cavia and both games have similar third-person shooter gameplay.
- Suck My Rose: Alicia's Rose Spikes spell summons a line of razor sharp blades shaped like roses to impale her foes.
- Walking Techbane: Alicia, specifically for aircraft — any aircraft she's on will crash for one reason or another. It's so universal that Darkness orders her not to board a helicopter during the ending.
- It's funny untill you consider how all this started.
- What Could Have Been: When you look at what Bayonetta did in terms of gameplay and level design, if only Cavia put that kind of effort into this. Coupled with the pretty amazing story Bullet Witch had...