- Avatar: "They have sent us a message. That they can take whatever they want. Well, we will send them a message. That THIS! THIS! is OUR! LAND!"
- Forrest Gump:
Lt. Dan: "YOU'LL NEVER! SINK! THIS! BOAT! AAAA-HAAHAAAAW!"
Abbie Hoffman: "The war … in Viet-FUCKING-NAAAAM!"
- "I am ripper! Tearer! Slasher! Gouger! I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! Mine is STRENGTH! AND LUST! AND POWER! I! AM! BEOWULF!!!" from, well... Beowulf. Not actually a case of Follow the Leader, since filming was completed before 300 was anything more than a blip on the horizon, and even then, it's presented more as a satire on this sort of machoness than anything else. And arguably justified by the fact that he's got to pace his breathing while he cuts off Crispin Glover's arm with a wooden door.
- Made more amusing because of the way he says "Beowulf"...very quickly and anticlimactically, when it's expected that he'll hold out the final word a la "SPARTAAAAAA!"
- "I! AM! OZ!" from, er, The Wizard of Oz.
- The Wizard: HE! TOUCHED! MY! BREAST!
- The Princess Bride:
- The To the Pain speech ends with a nice quiet little "Drop. Your. Sword."
- The Last Airbender: Don't even try to escape! THIS! IS! A WARSHIP!
- Used to comic effect in MirrorMask:
Giant: MANY... HAVE... ASKED...
Valentine: Many have asked where the Charm is, yes?
Giant: ... WHERE...
Giant: ... THE...
Valentine: Charm is?
Giant: ... CHARM...
Giant: ... IS. BUT... WE... SADLY...
Valentine: No! Not sadly! Happily! As in, "We're gladly going to give it you really quickly"?
Giant: ... SOLEMNLY...
Valentine: No adjectives!
Giant: ... GUARD... THE...
Giant: ... BOX.
- Valentine himself does this a few scenes later, but it's actually because he's struggling for the right word.
- This is justified, in that the giants, being so big, are slower, so their speech is slower too. And also Deconstructed, since instead of sounding awesome, they sound incredibly dumb and Valentine is visibly annoyed at how long they take to talk.
- The Lord of the Rings: Gandalf bellows out an epic "YOU! SHALL NOT! PAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!"
- LEAVE! NOW! AND NEVER...COME BACK!
- "Pretty... Little... Fly... Whyyy.... Does it... cry?... Cauuught... in a web... Soon... you'll be... eaten."
- From I Still Know What You Did Last Summer:
- Ace Ventura: "NOBODY. MESSES. WITH THE]] DO!!!"
- "Punch — that — shit!" in Hot Fuzz. That coming from a model police officer on duty who has previously made a point of donating 50 pence to the swear box for every S-word used.
- "Remember me, Eddie?! When I killed your brother, I talked... JUST... LIKE... THIIIIS!": Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, only his voice gets higher, not louder.
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman: "GET! THAT! DOOOG!"
- The Jim Carrey version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! has him shouting (several years pre-300) "THIS! IS! NUTS!"
- From G. I. Jane: "SUCK... MY... DICK!" Made into a Moment of Awesome by the fact that a shorn-haired and yet STILL uber-beddable Demi Moore (yes, a woman) is shouting it — and into the face of a Badass, Super Soldier of a NAVY SEAL who's acting as The Obi-Wan (and just spent the last two minutes beating the shit out of her with her hands tied behind her back).
- Hellboy: As Hellboy falls down a vent while beating the snot out of Sammael: "You! GOD! DAMN! MONSTER!!"
- There Will Be Blood: "I. Drink. Your. MILKSHAKE!"
- "Filthy! Slimy! FREAKS!"
- The Matrix — "My Name... is NEO!"
- — "I remember that for 100 years we have fought these machines! I remember that for 100 years! they have sent their armies! to destroy us! and after a century of war I remember that which matters most... We are still here! ... THIS IS ZION! AND WE - ARE - NOT 'AFRAID!"
- "THIS IS MY WORLD! MY WORLD!"
- E.T.: "I'll. Be. Right. Here."
- It should be noted that's how E.T. talked all the time.
- Toy Story has the scene at the gas station with Woody shouting at Buzz, "You! Are! A! TOY!!!" (Toy Story 2 has Buzz saying the same thing to him.)
- Parodied during the credits of Cars.
- Done with the 300 line in the Youtube Poop "Toys Gone Wild".
- Woody also does this when he rescues Buzz from Sid the toy-destroyer, completely freaking Sid out in the process.
- From the Harry Potter series: "Life. Isn't. Fair."
- "Don't. Lie. To me."
- "You. Don't. Know."
- "Don't. Call. Me. A. Coward!"
- "Mr. Potter... Our. New. Celebrity."
- "Pity. Clearly fame... isn't ... everything. Is it... Mr. Potter?"
- "You were seen. By no less. Than. SEVEN. Muggles."
- In case you haven't noticed, virtually every line by Alan Rickman as Severus Snape is done in this style of diction. No one's complaining.
- EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!!!
- SHUT UP!!!!! SHUT! UP!
- As much of Harry's dialogue in Order of the Phoenix. There is a reason fans called him CAPSLOCK!Harry. (Granted, Harry is known to have a bit of a temper, and he was going through a LOT of crap that year.)
- The Incredibles: "WHERE! IS! MY! SUPER! SUIT?!?"note
- Don't! Hurt! My! SISTER!!!
- THIS! IS NOT! ABOUT! YOU!
- The Incredible Hulk — HULK!! SMAAAAASH!!
- Young Frankenstein: "IT! COULD! WORK!"
- "IS — THAT — WHAT — YOU'RE — TELLING — ME!?"
- "PUT! THE CANDLE! BACK!"
- and "DO! NOT! OPEN! THE! DOOR-UH!"
- "MY! NAME! IS! FRANKENSTEIN!"
- "Life! Life! GIVE MY CREATION! LIFE!"
- "Why... so... serious?"
- "He doesn't like that... Not. One. Bit."
- "And here... we... go."
- "Then every! Son of TROY! Shall DIIEEE!"
- But THE GODS... (slams scepter on map) Favor ONLY!! THE STRONG!!!
- Do you know what's THERE?! WAITING? Beyond that beach!?note IMMORTALITY! TAKE IT! IT'S YOURS!!!
- Serenity: "GET THEM... INSIDE... THE VAULT!"
- "Pirates of the Caribbean: Damn — YOU, — Jack — SPARROOOOOOOOWWWWW!" (Also a Skyward Scream.)
- Another quiet one from the first film; "Wait to lift the curse [until] you've killed Norrington's men. Every. Last. One." (on each pause, he drops a coin)
- Indiana Jones: Mola Ram!! Prepare to meet Kali. IN HELL!!
- The Wicker Man (Good version). "THEY! WILL! NOT! FAIL!" Spoken by Christopher freakin' Lee.
- "I! believe! In the Life! Eternal! As promised to us! By our Lord! JESUS! CHRIST!"
- Ed Singer (Jeffrey Tambor) in Muppets from Space: "DON'T! LAUGH! AT! MEEEE!"
- The Elephant Man: "I! AM NOT! AN ELEPHANT! I AM NOT! AN ANIMAL! I! AM A HUMAN! BEING! I! AM! ... a man."
- Tony Jaa's Tom-Yum-Goong (The Protector): "WHERE! IS! MY! ELEPHAAAAAAANT!?"
- Citizen Kane: "I'm CHARLES! FOSTER! KANE! I'm no cheap, crooked politician, trying to save himself from the consequences of his crimes! GETTYS! I'M GOING TO SEND YOU... TO SING SING! SING SING, GETTYS! SIIIIING! SIIIIING!"
- Repo! The Genetic Opera: In "We Started This Op'ra Shit," the Maestro uses this combined with a Metal Scream for "EVERYBODY EVERYBODY TES!!! TI!!! FYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"
- Scanners: REVOK! DARRYL! REVOK!
- History of the World Part I:
- "IN! SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!"
- Manhunter and its remake, Red Dragon: "You. Owe. Me. Awe, Mr. Lounds."
- Kung Pow!: ONE! OF US! IS WEARING! A PUSH-UP BRA!]]
- "It's Frilly! And Pink! With Lace!
- "Our! Sexual! Preferences! Are! Our! Own! Business!"
- "I won't! Be stopped! By a TINY NET!"
- "OPEN. YOUR. MOUTH!!!"
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead: There. Isn't. Any. WIND."
- Mike Enslin in 1408, after losing a fistfight with a minibar: "I WANT! My DRINK!!!"
- The film version of The Odyssey has Armand Assante shouting "PO-SEI-DON!"
- Monty Python's Meaning of Life: "I — AM — DEATH!"
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman has “Get! That! GIIRRRLLL!”
- Mommie Dearest: NO. WIRE. HANGERS. EVEEEEEER!!!
- Also, "I AM NOT! ONE OF YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAANS!!!"
- "Oh Joan, stop 'acting'." "IIIIII'MM! NOOT! ACTINNNNNNNGGGG!!!"
- Eight Legged Freaks: GET BACK... YOU EIGHT-LEGGED... FRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAKKKKKSSSS!!!!!!!!
- In Bruges: "The. Tow-er. Is. Closed. This. Ev-en-ing. Understand? English-Man.
- Network: "And you have meddled with the primal forces of nature! AND YOU. WILL. ATONE!"
- In the Heat of the Night: "THEY. CALL ME. MISTER. TIBBS!"
- Mulholland Dr.: NO. HAY. BANDA! THERE IS. NO. BAND!"
- In the movie Matilda, Ms. Trunchbull says "In this school, I! AM! GOD!" Of course right after that audacious statement she pretty much flips inside out when the heroine tips a glass with a newt in it via telekinesis allowing the creature to artfully land on the Trunchbull's chest. Hilarity Ensues.
- "I'm gonna ask you one more time. Where's... the... shit?"
- "You know I can't let you go. Not without tappin' that ass. One... MORE... TIME!"
- The Fifth Element: "I. AM. VERY. DISAPPOINTED!"
- The Lion King: "I beg your pardon, madam, but... GET! OFF!"
- Hancock: "Call me an Asshole One...more...time..."
- Pulp Fiction DOES. HE. LOOK. LIKE. A BITCH?!
- Downfall: FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!
- Die Hard with a Vengeance: "Look, if you have to shoot me, then you go ahead and you shoot me! But I have! To answer! THIS! PHONE!"
- Men In Black:
- "You see this? Huh?! N-Y-P-D! That means I will KNOCK! YOUR! PUNKASS! DOWN!"
- "The only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO! NOT! KNOW ABOUT IT!"
- American Beauty has a few examples by Lester. One where he's doing bench presses and when Carolyn threatens to put him on ice somehow, he says, "That's... What... You... Think!"
- Another is after he throws a platter against the wall at dinner:
"Don't. Interrupt. Me. Honey."
- The third time is when he's flirting with Carolyn on the couch in the following dialogue:
Carolyn: You're gonna spill beer on the couch.
Lestor: (Gets up) So what? It's just a couch.
Carolyn: This is a $4,000 sofa, upholstered in Italian silk. It is not just a couch.
Lestor: (Whacking couch with a pillow) IT'S! JUST! A! COUCH! This isn't life! This is just stuff! And it's become more important to you than living! And honey, that's just nuts. (Carolyn walks away) I'm trying to help you!
- The Nutty Professor with Eddie Murphy, of all movies. The climactic scene where Sherman Klump and Buddy Love battle for control of the same body. Buddy Love: "You can't beat me!" Sherman Klump: "YES. I. CAN!"
- The infamous Mortal Kombat: Annihilation has Shao Khan saying, "Earth is under attack, and It! Is! GLORIOUS!"
- From Star Trek III: "I! HAVE...HAD! ENOUGH OF...YOU!" spoken by (oh, just guess) while kicking the Klingon Big Bad off a cliff.
- Kirk to Harrison/ Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness: "Let me explain what's going on here. You are a criminal. I watched you murder innocent men and women. I was authorized to end you! And the only reason why you are still alive is because I am allowing it, so shut...your...mouth!"
- Blue Velvet: Heineken?! Fuck that shit! PABST! BLUE! RIBBON!
- Slapshot: "Serious? Serious? THIS. IS. HOCKEY!"
- School of Rock: "The winner... of this year's Battle of the Bands competition... is No! Vacancy!"
- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back:
Silent Bob (oddly enough):
! ON THE BACK OF THE CAR
! SAID CRITTERS
! OF HOLLYWOOD
! YOU DUMB FUCK!!
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: BENJAMIN! BARKER!!!!
- From the 1986 animated Transformers: The Movie we have Orson Welles providing the voice for Unicron.
"For a time... I considered sparing your wretched little planet, Cybertron. But now. You shall witness... Its DISMEMBERMENT."
- The Fallen from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen conveniently hammers the film's title into our heads on arrival to Earth. "REVENGE. IS. MINE."
Mudflap: I'm gonna bust...yo...face up!
- It's inherent in the Decepticon command structure, apparently, as Megatron announced himself similarly upon thawing out in the first film. "I! AM! MEGATRON!!"
- Well they have been calling him NBE 01 for decades.
- Done deliberately badly in Snatch. by a pawnbroker in a mask trying to tough-talk someone tough.
- Also done back to the pawnbroker in the mask by the person they're trying to tough-talk. (complete with pointing to where it's written: "All. Bets. Are. Off.")
- Hellraiser: Bloodline: "Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I. Am. Pain.
- Training Day: KING KONG! AIN'T GOT SHIT! ON! ME!
- From Orphan: I'm not! Your fucking! Mommy!
- High Fidelity WHAT ''FUCKING'' IAN GUY?!!?
- Johnny Mnemonic [[ I WANT! ROOOOM SERRRRRRVICE!!!!!]]
- From 1941: "OH!" "MY!" "...god..."
- Shrek: The whole exchange in which Shrek is trying to explain ogres to Donkey.
Shrek: For your information, there's a lot more to ogres than people think.
Shrek: Example? Okay, uh... ogres... are... like onions!
Donkey: (sniffs the onion and recoils) They stink?
Shrek: Yes. No!
Donkey: Oh, they make you cry.
Donkey: Oh, you leave them out in the sun and they get all brown and start sprouting little white hairs.
Shrek: NO! LAYERS! Onions. Have. Layers. Ogres! Have layers. Onions have layers... You get it? We both have layers!
Donkey: Ohh, you both have layers! Oh. You know, not everybody likes onions. Cakes! Everybody loves cakes! Cakes have layers!
Shrek: I. Don't. Care! What everyone likes! Ogres. Are not. Like cakes.
Donkey: You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say, "Hey, let's go get some parfait," they say, "No, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious.
Shrek: NO! YOU DENSE! IRRITATING! MINIATURE BEAST OF BURDEN! Ogres! Are! Like onions! End of story! Bye bye! See you later!
- Also: "I LIVE ALONE! MY SWAMP! ME! NOBODY ELSE, UNDERSTAND?! NOBODY! ESPECIALLY USELESS! PATHETIC! ANNOYING! TALKING DONKEYS!!!"
- Back to the Future Part II:
- Jarhead: "The Bible says, Thou Shalt Not Kill. Now hear this: FUCK! THAT! SHIT!"
- White Chicks: I'm so...frickin'...pissed!
- Beetlejuice: "My whole life is a dark room. One. Big. Dark. Room."
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?: "My name is GEORGE! NELSON! NOT! BABYFACE!"
- The Brave Little Toaster: "So...it's back to that stupid static again. You think I don't know what's going on here? I knows what goes on in this cottage. It's a conspiracy, and everyone of you low-watts is in on it! Just because you can move around, you think you're better than I am! I'm not an invalid! I was designed to stick in the wall! I like being stuck in this STUPID wall! I can't help it if the kid was too short to reach my dials! IT'S MY! FUNCTION!!!!!!!!"
- History of the World Part I: "DEATH! TO KING! LOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUWWWWWWIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS!"
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: "I can drink a river of blood, and not burst. SHOW! ME! YOUR! ENEMIEEES!"'
- Superbad: WHAT!? THE!? FUCK!?
- One of Dutch Schultz's goons in Hoodlum: "YOU DON'T. WRITE. A GODDAMN THING. IN HAAA-ARLEM!"
- Knocked Up:
Ben: (to Debbie) Look, Debbie. You are high off your ass if you think you're coming into that room. If you take one step towards that door, I will tell security there's a crazy chick in a pink dress snatching up babies, ok? So don't even try to come into that room, that's my room now. That little area with the Pepsi machine, that's your area. My room, your area, stay in your area, stay out of my room, back... the... fuck... off.
- From the finals in The Wizard: "SO I GIVE YOU!... SUPER! MARIO BROTHERS! THREE!!!!
- "9: You. Awakened. WHAT!?"
- Night at the Museum: YOU! ARE GOING! TO LIVE!
- From Toys: "I! WILL! NOT! LET! YOU! DE-STROY! DAD'S! DREAM!"
- Ever After: "I would rather die a thousand deaths than see my MOTHERS! DRESS! ON THAT! SPOILED! SELFISH! COW!"
- ''YOU! MURDERED! MY! MISERY!!!!"
- Coraline: "Apologize. AT! ONCE! Coraline!"
- "I'll give you to the count of three. One. Two. THREEEE!!!!"
- Revenge of the Sith: "''THE FIIRST!!! GALACTIC!! EMPIAH!!!"
- "Let her go, Anakin! Let. Her. Go."
- Event Horizon: YOU! WON'T! TAKE! MY! CREW!!!
- Army of Darkness:
- THIS! IS MY! BOOMSTICK!
- SHOP SMART! SHOP S-MART!! YA GOT THAT?!!!
- Troll 2: And you can't piss on hospitality! I! WON'T! ALLOW! IT!!!!
- Con Air: I said, "Put. The bunny. Back. In the box."
- Full Metal Jacket: "Seven-six-two millimeter. Full. Metal. Jacket." Followed shortly later by "I AM ... in a world... of shit!"
- Glengarry Glen Ross:
- "Always. Be. Closing!"
- "Put. That coffee. Down!"
- The bad guy from Mission: Impossible II has two in a row: "Get! Down! On! Your! knees!" and "This -= is — what's known as getting your gun off."
- THEY! DIDN'T! LIKE! MEEEE! THEY! NEVER! LIKED! ME!
- And step up the reactor power input. . . THREE! MORE! POINTS!
- Liar Liar: I — can't — lie!
- Judge Dredd:
- Daddy Day Care: "THIS STUFF! IS NOT FOR SALE!!!"
- Freddy vs. Jason: That! Hockey! PUNK!
- True Lies: NO! I DID (slam) NOT (slam) SLEEP (slam) WITH HIM!!! (slam slam)
- The Secret Of Moonacre: "There is only one thing that can save us now. Classical. French. Needlepoint!"
- Gangs of New York: "I want you (sob) to punish... the person... responsible... for killing... this poor... defenseless... rabbit!"
- Twelve Monkeys: NO! MORE! MONKEY! BUSINESS!!!
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World:
- ...But you can't. cheat. death!
- "I didn't! Steal! Your boyfriend! I didn't! Steal! Scott! I didn't! Steal! Anyone!" Justified as she's having to pace her breathing while she blocks Knives's attacks.
- Saw VI "When you're killing me you LOOK. AT. ME!!"
- The first Sesame Street movie (at the very end of the "grouch café" scene): "WHERE'S...MY...JELL-OOOOOOOOOOO?????!!!"
- Austin Powers: DO! YOU! WORK! FOR! NUMBER! TWO!??
- Lawrence of Arabia: "I DON'T WANT. TO BE PART. OF YOUR BIG. PUUUSH!"
- The last lyric of "Hellfire" from Hunchback of Notre Dame: "...But she will be mine... ...or she! WILL! BURN!!!"
- Monty Pythons Life Of Brian: "Sit down. Have a scone, make yourself at home. YOU! KLUTZ!"
- Immortals: "I have faith in you. Prove. Me. Right".
- Galaxy Quest: Dane, to Tommy, in the Tothian minefield. "Could you possibly try Not. To Hit. Every. Single. One?"
- Iron Man 2: SIDE! KICK! THIS!!
- I don't know if you noticed, but I DON'T! SPEAK! RUSSIAN!!
- The Usual Suspects: There. Is. No. FUCKING! COKE!
- Swimming with Sharks: Shut up, listen, and learn.
- The Lawnmower Man: Yeah, this is like Cyberjobe's only way of speaking.
"YOU! DID! THIS!!!"
"YOUR NAIVE IDIOCY MAKES ME! VERY!! ANGRY!!! GO AWAY!!!"
"This universe is mine. I! AM! GOD! HERE!"
"So you've given me one final game to play... I find a way out OR I DIE! IN THIS! DISEASED! MAIN!! FRAME!!!"
"YOU! WILL! DIE! IN THE EXPLOSION!"
"Maintenance Line Access Granted." "A! BACK!! DOOR!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
- This conversation from ''The Jungle Book 2'':
: (to Kaa) "I know where he isn't. Now tell me where! HE! IS!!!"
- Kaa, however truthfully has no idea where Mowgli is, but Shere Khan won't believe him and continues to threaten the poor python. So Kaa fearfully lies to him that Mowgli's at the swamp, allowing him to flee.
- In Ice Age, as Sid shoves a saber-toothed tiger into a tiny hole after saving the baby from him: "SURVIVAL! OF THE! FITTEST! I don't think so!"
- "How do we know it's an ice age?" "Because. Of all. The Ice! "
- "Leave. The mammoth. Alone!"
- "I. Am. Not. Going!"
- "Stop. Following. Me!"
- Apollo 13 "FAILURE. IS NOT. AN OPTION!!!"
- In L.A. Confidential, from Bud, "WHERE. IS. THE GIRL?"
- Major League II: Look. At. The. Score. Board. Now. Grasshopper!
- Brewster's Millions (1985): Rupert Horn concludes the explanation of the challenge to Brewster.
[You] can go for the big
one, Brewster. The three hundred
million. But if you fail ... You Don't. Get. DIDDLY!
- The Hunger Games: That. Is. MAHOGANY!
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier: "YOU. ARE. MY. MISSION!"
- Coach Dinklage in She's the Man, defending Viola's right to play soccer with the boys:
Coach Pistonek: You have to forfeit. There's no girls in this league! Here, look in the manual.
Coach Dinklage: (rips the manual in two pieces) What manual? Listen, pal. Here in Illyria. We don't discriminate. BASED. ON. GENDER!
- "You won't believe it. We've checked and double-checked. It keeps coming up the same thing. Colonel, the message is: Mars. Needs. Women."
- Lolita (1962). Charlotte Haze after she's read Humbert's diary, which reveals his disdain for her and lust for her daughter.
"You're a monster!
YOU'RE A DISGUSTING (throws papers)
DESPICABLE (throws more papers)
- Red 2: Bait and Switch Big Bad Han really doesn't like it when you take away his plane.
Han: (after trying to pepper Moses and Boggs with minigun fire) WHERE'S! MY! PLANE?!?!
- King Amphitryon in The Legend of Hercules.
Amphitryon: He bleeds! And why? Because he is nothing more. THAN AN IMPOSTER! A man! Of FLESH! And BLOOD!
- A! To!-Tal! E!-Clipse! Of! The! Sun!
- "I. Don't. Know. Where. She. Is."
- Charlie's Angels: Played for Laughs when Natalie is flirting with a guy, and Alex invokes a Hair Flip to get his attention. It works.
Alex:[quietly] Flip your hair... Flip. Your. Goddamn. Hair.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service: "Manners" (click) "Maketh" (click) "Man" (click).
- The Help: "Eat. my. shit."
- Terminator Genisys: once Kyle Reese grabs a T-800 chip, Sarah Connor points a gun at his head and says "Give. The chip. back."