that has done several Let's Play
. He has a fairly decent and constantly growing list of complete LP's; most of them are sci-fi based but he does delve into fantasy from time to time. He has a pretty reliable update schedule, offloading a few Youtube videos
pretty much every weekend.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Has a tendency to totally neglect defense and/or evasion, only falling back to it when he discovers that tanking is just not an option. Note that this applies not just to stats, but to playstyle in general.
- Bond One-Liner: Done wonderfully on his Half-Life LP, right after killing a group of enemies in a small room, he gets one last one that shouts "MEDIC!". Alch responds (after seeing the room which is full of blood) "No medic gonna fix that."
- Received a Call Back in Half-Life: Blue Shift, after killing an enemy in a similar way, he said "Medic?"
- Born Unlucky: Suffers more than occasional recording issues. He once dedicated an entire video to a rant about having to fight an "epic fucking boss battle" and then found out afterwards that there was no sound recording. Also tends to be pretty unlucky with events in-game.
- Catch Phrase: See Every Episode Ending below.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Is prone to these.
- Contrived Coincidence: Played with on his Castlevania Symphony of the Night playthrough. He had one last chance to get a sword he rather desperately wanted, and then outright mentioned how he wasn't going to get it but tried anyways. It didn't drop.
- Conversational Troping: He will occasionally discuss common Science Fiction or Survival Horror tropes, and his videos are sometimes named after them.
- Cool Starship: The U.S.S. Woglinde from Rise Of The Redshirt, a Galaxy-Class starship.
- Deadpan Snarker: And he's not afraid to let it loose with both barrels.
- Determinator: Completed Parasite Eve four times to level up his equipment so he could take on the games True Final Boss.
- Dissimile: Quite often, to the point of him worrying himself.
- Drinking Game: Cracked open a Coke every time the ubiquitous advertising for Coca-Cola reared its head in Parasite Eve 2.
- Every Episode Ending: "I'll see you guys later, so later!"
- Escort Mission: Developed a profound hatred for these in Colony Wars and Colony Wars III: Red Sun.
- Follow the Leader: Started as an Over The Gun fan. An occasional Running Gag early on was him accidentally quoting one of the former's catchphrases, and then immediately denying it.
- Hilarity Ensues: Often as a result of his suicidal overconfidence(see below)
- I Call It "Vera": After his playthrough of Code Veronica X, any AK he encounters in a game is referred to as "Natasha", and are treated as a single entity.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: He managed to fire 9 super missiles at what may be the slowest enemy in Metroid: Fusion and missed with every one of them. In a row.
- Kill It with Fire: His weapon of choice in Gears Of War 2 whenever it's available, the trusty Flamethrower.
- Laughing Mad: Also occasionally to the point of worrying himself.
- Macross Missile Massacre: He absolutely loves missile weapons in whatever game he can get it. Has actually used this phrase now and then as well, usually when in the process of doing one.
- More Dakka: Is almost always open to having more, whenever he finds it.
- No OSHA Compliance: Regularly points this out in his playthroughs when going through poorly designed or implausibly dangerous areas. Umbrella and Starfleet are frequent targets.
- Sanity Slippage: Video descriptions occasionally include a SAN stat as an indicator of how frustrated/fed up he is with a game.
- Notable with Half-Life, which very nearly broke him at points.
- Thankfully avoided in Half-Life: Blue Shift.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Tends to gravitate towards Shotguns, up to even preferring them as long range weapons in Gears of War, usually over the Lancer whenever the Hammerburst was unavailable. In Bioshock, he would often ignore the use of plasmids altogether, relying on the Shotty instead for most of the game.
- Stop Helping Me!: Holds this view in regards to Dominic Santiago from Gears of War. Shamrock also earned his ire during Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Making this happen is basically his most beloved pasttime.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: In droves. Although he usually can realize when a fight is actually unwinnable, he still tends to overestimate himself.