Funny: Honest Trailers
- The "Starring" for The Hunger Games, rather than puns on the cast, just lists off things that didn't make it into the film, including the actual hunger.
- The Announcer's naming of Gale as "This much hotter guy" culminating in...
- In The Dark Knight: "The bat device that inexplicably turns every Gotham City cell phone into a portable sonar radar, which downloads an infinite amount of data that's instantly transmitted wirelessly to Batman's eyes. Hmph, how is that possible? It takes me five minutes to download Angry Birds!"
- Some of the things people ask the narrator to say in his epic voice, even better when the commenter misspells something and he says it that way anyway ("I here to kick ass and chem buble gum!"). Classics include, but are not limited to:
I used to be an announcer; then I took - I am not saying that.
- "Tittie sprinkles"
- "They wanted to protect her ice cream, but the freezer refused to listen."
- From Ghostbusters: "Chicken nuggets ate my homework."
- "Roses are red, violets are blue, I suck at poems, bewbs."
- "Join me and together we can rule the ga!" - Apparently, the comment was cut off halfway through.
- From the end of the Pacific Rim video: "I AM A BANANA."
- "Shrek is love, Shrek is life."
- "The North remembers."
- And then there was the video game trailer for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, where he actually refused...
- At the end of The Expendables, all he says is "I am Groot."
- "I like shorts, they're confy and easy to wear!"
- From The Little Mermaid:
- "Fluffy Thunder Winkle"
- "Hello, I am Baymax, your personal health care companion."
- "I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble."
- "I'm have deep voice for no reason."
- "Welcome to Good Burger home of the Good Burger, can I take your order?"
- "All the signal ladies."
- "Hingle dingle jingle bing."
- "What does the Foxy say? Screeeeeeeeeee!"
- "You must construct additional pylons!"
- Pointing out Christian Bale's eye wart in The Dark Knight. "Try not noticing that from here on out."
- Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face is credited as "Los Pollos Hermanos".
- The cast of The Last Airbender is merely "This Girl, This Kid, This... Other Kid, This Dude, Who Cast This Thing?! Oh, The Guy From The Daily Show!"
- And Slumdog Millionaire!
- In The Dark Knight Rises: The Half in the Bag cast ask questions about the movies which concluded with this little gem.
Mike: Bruce Wayne was Batman?! Explanation
- In the Les Miserables musical. during the Starring part instead of the announcer saying the gag names, we got that.
Fancy Wolverine (Hugh Jackman): I have a very annoying vibrato.Susan Boyle (Anne Hathaway): I really really really wanted to win an Oscar.Fat Maximus (Russell Crowe): I should have never agree to sing an entire movie!French Borat (Sasha Baron Cohen): They really should have shown less of me and more of Eponine.Tim Burton (Helena Bonham-Carter): Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!
- Also, at the begining, Les Miserableblebles
- The Starring for Jurassic Park.
(Ellie) Derp Face.(Hammond) Papa Smurf.(Malcolm) Brundlefly(pair of raptors) The Olsen Twins.(Arnold) Two-Eyed Nick Fury.(Grant) The Guy from Jurassic Park.
- The skit featuring Epic Voice Guy trolling the public by doing movie trailers on the street;
- The cameo in "Everything Wrong With Iron Man 3".
- And his cameo in ''How Star Trek Into Darkness Should Have Ended, where once again he gets to point out "bewbs".
- The Announcer flying into rage in the middle of the After Earth trailer, and up and leaving, but not before alternating between complete stunned silence and angry muttering.
- The Running Gag with Twilight and stares, ultimately leading up to a video composed entirely of all the stares from the movies.
Epic Voice Guy: Together, they will have the romance of a lifetime. ...Expressed entirely in stares. *Cue stare montage* ...And even more stares. *Continue stare montage*
- Iron Man 3:
"THEY WERE DOING SUCH A GOOD JOB AND THEY TURNED IT INTO A PUNCHLINE?!! This is Iron Man's Arch-F***ing Nemesis! This isn't just ignoring the comic, this is dropping their pants and wiping their butt with it! What bad guy did they even replace him with? (shot of Aldritch Killian screaming "I AM THE MANDARIN!") AW COME ON!" note
- "When a terrorist mastermind kidnap the president and brings the country to its knees, there is only one Marvel franchise that Disney can afford to call..." (shot of The Avengers) "... I wish! Actually, just this guy (shows Tony Stark). No, really, just the guy, not even the suit. Tony Stark is: Regular Man in: Iron Man 3."
- "Come on, the Avengers assemble faster than this!"
- The narrator completely losing it about The Reveal with the Mandarin:
- "Instead, we get Aldritch Killian, an Ex-Nerd out for revenge after Tony skipped a meeting one time, and his nameless henchmen with a confusing grab-bag of fire powers, like (sounding progressively more confused) glowing, getting hot, exploding, Super Strength, regrowing limbs, flameproof clothes, and... shooting fire off their mouth?! They really made them up as they went along, huh?"
- In the Thor honest trailer, he says that the only way in or out of Asgard is through a level of Rainbow Road from Mario Kart.
- General Zod plans to annihilate humanity with the power. Of DUBSTEP!
- "It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...coming right for us! Everybody run!"
- The Home Alone trailer says that Kevin shows all the signs of becoming a sociopath - like talking to himself, or trapping a pair of nonviolent criminals inside a sadistic world of torture straight out of Saw from which there is no escape, for his own amusement. ("But gosh-darn if he isn't just the cutest little thing!")
- Then it calls Harry and Marv out on being oddly obsessed with one house that has almost nothing worth stealing.
- For Christmas 2013, they tackle Dragonball Evolution with the help of Goku, Piccolo, Krillin, and later Vegeta.
Vegeta: So, wait — Kaka-not wishes someone he just met back to life by the end of the movie, but he just lets the man who raised him from birth stay dead? Yeah, I can dig that.
- "...as the epic ki attacks from the cartoon are replaced with CGI hand-farts!"
- The RoboCop (1987) trailer's best moment: "Robocop: A blatant Jesus metaphor who dies, gets resurrected, and walks on water. But instead of dying for our sins, this Jesus...shoots rapists...in the dick!"
- "This trailer is rated 'R', because that's how you make a f*cking RoboCop movie!"
- "The 80s, when movies were made for adults, and marketed towards children!" Cut to an 80s toy commercial for Robocop.
- In the Gravity trailer:
- A scene showing Ryan's POV as she spins helplessly out of control is overlaid with jaunty carnival ride music, as the narrator comments that "you'll be on the edge of your seat...trying to hold in your barf."
- The astronauts bouncing off of things in space are punctuated with pinball noises.
- The Frozen trailer proclaims the movie to be "the feature-length music video for "Let It Go"!"
- The song parodies:
- "Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People" beomes "I'm kinda turned on by reindeer..."
- "Love Is an Open Door" becomes "We are about to pooooooorrrrrrrkkkkkk".
- For "In Summer": "When you're out of ideas, you give them a singing snowmaaaaan!"
- "Let it Go", described here as the YOLO song: "Get it out, get it out, get this song out of my head! Get it out, get it out! I'll sing anything else instead!"
- The trolls being called "Ugly Smurfs", Olaf being called "Merchandising", Anna being called "Forgotten Sarah Marshall", and Elsa being credited as "the Wickedly talented Adele Dazeem".
- The song parodies:
- The narrator cowers when Katniss gives him a death glare in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, for saying that all books must be lazily padded into as many films as possible.
"Okay, we'll see the sequels! Don't hurt us!"
Narrator: Watch as this good movie gets hailed as great, because everyone wants to be BFFs with Jennifer Lawrence.*cuts to a clip of Jennifer Lawrence*Narrator: God, she's just so down-to-earth!
- And this:
- Among the "starring" list is "the Claaaaw!"
- The entirety of the Game of Thrones trailer.
Narrator: God, if [Joffrey] doesn't die this season, I'm gonna fucking kill him myself! Fucking HATE that kid!
- "Watch as these heroes struggle to end the reign of King Justin Bieber!"
"Starring...the ten characters whose names you actually remember [Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Eddard Stark, Tyrion Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Catelyn Stark, Joffrey Baratheon, Ayra Stark]! And all these other characters whose names you actually don't remember [Jojen and Meera Reed, Yara Greyjoy, Gendry, Giantsbane and Orell]! Like: The Sneaky Guy [Littlefinger]; The Sneaky Bald Guy [Varys]; Carl Drago [Khal Drogo]; Those Gay Dudes [Ser Loras Tyrell and Renly Baratheon]; Lord Friend Zone [Ser Jorah Mormont]; Grumpy Old Dad [Tywin Lannister]; The Same Person? [Stannis Baratheon]; Sand-San-Sansa? [Sansa]; Bronn? [Bran Stark]; Bran? [Bronn]; Bronn Again? [Robin Arryn]; Sam?/Not Sam? [Sam]; The One Who Had A Demon Baby [Melisandre]; The Guy That Got His Dick Cut Off [Theon Greyjoy]; Super Hot [Margaery]; Tyrion's Hooker Girlfriend [Shae]; Oh, Hodor! That's Hodor! [Hodor]; Uhh... [Xaro Xhoan Daxos]; Uhhhhh... [Commander Jeor Mormont]; Now You're Just Messing With Me [Walder Frey]; No Idea [Ser Davos]; Faceless Assassinnote [Jaqen H'ghar]; Not A Clue [Pycelle]; No [Rodrick]; Uh-uh [Osha]; Nope [Benjen]; Nope [Balon Greyjoy]; Nope [Syrio Forel]; Dunno [Luwin]; I Got Nothin' [Mance Rayder]; Not Ringing A Bell [Beric Dondarrion]; Go Make Up Your Own Names, Nerds! [Barristan Selmy]."
- The narrator giving up on naming, or remembering, the Loads and Loads of Characters.
- "Ride along on an adventure where any lead character can die, whether you're Sean Bean, Sean Bean's wife, Sean Bean's best friend, Sean Bean's son, Sean Bean's daughter-in-law, Sean Bean's family dogs, or Sean Bean's unborn grandkid. All men must die...who are in anyway close to Sean Bean!"
- "Imp Slap"
- "Watch as everyone fights to sit on the world's most uncomfortable chair, while completely ignoring the invasion of ice zombies that threatens to kill them all. [shows the huge invasion of 'White Walkers'] .... Seriously. Somebody should really get on that!"
- "A series with so many monologues, they will desperately try to keep your attention by any BEWBS necessary!" (30-second long montage of (censored) boobs) "...not that I'm complaining! BEWBS!"
- "If you put any spoilers in the comments, I'll kill you. But to all my book bros, R + L = J. You know what I'm talking about!"
- The numerous list of people who have Oscars from The Wolf of Wall Street trailer. Especially the naming of Matthew McConaughey as "Dallas Oscar Stealers Club".
Narrator: F**k you!
- In Captain America: The First Avenger, Sebastian Stan/Bucky is "The Winter Spoiler" and Dominic Cooper/Howard Stark is "Robert Downey, Sr."
- There's something inherently funny about this sentence from the trailer for Pacific Rim: "When giant aliens emerge from this iTunes visualizer at the bottom of the ocean, the entire world's resources will be spent on building giant robots to punch them in the face."
- While listing off everyone's favorite X-Men for the X-Men trilogy, the narrator lists Gambit: "FOOTAGE NOT FOUND."
- The trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen gives a credit for the one true star of any Michael Bay film: "BEWMS!"
- The warning at the beginning of the trailer: "The following trailer contains scenes from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."
- "From the director who would most likely masturbate to an explosion."
- Their trailer for The Lion King, doing the same lyric gags as the Frozen one:
He's a threaaaat to our lives!
And he'll eat us aaaaall!
He is on display
To remind us we're prey!
- The hyenas being called "Ed, Edd and Eddy" and Timon and Pumbaa being called "Ren and Stimpy!"
- The pride lands are described as having very generous borders, and the Elephant Graveyard is its own version of New Jersey.
- The accents are all over the place, including Britishnote , Evil Britishnote , Latinonote , Jewish momnote , Gangstanote , and CNNnote .
- Crediting Falcon as "Falcon Punch" in the trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- Hail Hard Drive.
- The Skyfall/Home Alone montage.
- Cancer F*cking Sucks.
- The "Starring" from the original Transformers, which is just a list of product placement.
Starring: Burger King, Panasonic, eBay, Cadillac, GMC, The Strokes, Pepto-Bismol, Xbox, Furbies?, Pontiac, Mountain Dew, Chevrolet, Chevrolet, and introducing: Chevrolet
- Ken Watanabe is credited as "DUHHHHH" in Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla himself is listed as "Real Kaiju Have Curves".
- The last third of the Transformers Age of Extinction trailer is spoken in Chinese to mock Bay's pandering to China.
- Meatloaf being listed as "Mewwwwbs."
- The entirety of the Dark Souls Honest Game Trailer is full of win:
Narrator: Get lost in beautiful scenery that you will actually get lost in, full of: NPCs with a dark sense of humor [shows several characters' laughing dialogue], one totally out of place optimist [shows Solaire], and some of gaming's most epic bosses [shows several large bosses]... that you'll take down with a hundred, perfectly timed butt pokes in a row [shows a sped-up clip of defeating Vendrick with countless hits from behind]
- And the Narrator gets fed up with the "a-holes who won't shut up about beating the game".
- The bathroom in Saw is dubbed "your typical Taco Bell bathroom".
- In the trailer for Maleficent, describing the title character as "how Jennifer Aniston sees Angelina Jolie".
You had one job, Disney.
- Their opinion of Maleficent not turning into a dragon like in Sleeping Beauty:
- Quite a few in the Five Nights at Freddy's trailer:
- The Jump Scare Running Gag.
- The Shout Outs and clever puns in the "starring" cast: Winnie the Boo, Los Pollos Hermana, Bonnie Darko, and Sonic the Hedgefox, complete with Sonic's music paired with Foxy's run footage.
- The narrator feeling relieved that it's a one-off internet fad, immediately followed by the end of the sequel's game trailer.
Narrator: Aw, f***, we're gonna have a million of these, aren't we?
- Describing it as "the horror game sensation, that no one enjoys playing, but everyone loves watching other people play".
- The Long List of nicknames for all 151 original Pokémon in the trailer for Pokémon Red and Blue.
- The list continues in the Pokemon Gold and Silver Honest Trailer.
- Saying the epic raids in World of Warcraft require "more cooperating nerds than the space program."
- "This is what Warcraft looked like in the nineties, kids! 'Zug-zug', am I right?"
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- This whole movie is just Marvel trolling their audience, having grown Drunk with Power and being perfectly aware that they can do anything they want now and they'll still make billions.
- After listing off all the different colored aliens, the narrators ends with "In case you get confused, the hero is still the white guy."
- Once again, the screen at the beginning is flooded with requests to make this specific trailer. "Okay, okay, we got it, keep your star pads on."
- Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Narrator: AHH! Okay, okay...that was a good one, guys.
- The narrator being completely immune to the Jump Scare Running Gag. And then falls for it when he's done saying his usual "what do you want to hear me say in my awesome voice" when Mangle comes flying down from the top of the screen.
- The Shout-Outs and clever puns continue with the "starring" cast, aside from "the same f**kers as last time": Their Happy Meal equivalents, Ness on Cocaine, No Face, Bear In Mind and ScarFox, complete with the Corneria theme.
- The narrator calling the game "Five Nights at Freddy's...again" instead of "Five Nights at Freddy's 2".
- The use of the corridor scene at the end of the Honest Trailer for the first Resident Evil.
Narrator: (singing) How much is that doggie in the win— (Cerberus jumps through the window) —AAAAAUGHH!
- In the "Starring" for Mockingjay: Part 1, Peeta, Gale, and Katniss are credited respectively as "Pita Pocket", "Team Jacob", and "None of us have seen your boobs. I mean, definitely not me... A friend of mine sent me a link but I said 'Hey Man...that is not okay! Privacy is an important issue... Not interested, thank you very much... Cause... That's... Not cool.'
- The stinger for the Sims trailer: "Aw, you need to pee, huh? Well, let's see how well you pee when I sell the toilet! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's for not dating me! AHAHAHAhahahahaha...I'm so alone."
- "We are mice as smart as people/we could kill you in your sleeple/go ahead and tell somebody/no one will believe you..."
- Like Cinema Sins, the narrator points out how the subplot involving Lucifer and the mice take up most of the movie.
- "From the studio that brought you Snow White, Fantasia and The Story of Menstruation..."
- Five Nights at Freddy's 3
- He forgoes the usual "Starring" gag to list gibberish YouTube Let's Play channels that made a living off fake overreactions to the game's jump scares.
- Gone Girl, and all the jokes made about the film's ambiguous stance on gender politics:
- Epic Voice Guy insisting that Divergent and The Hunger Games are in fact one and the same, and getting into an argument over it with the sound engineer and director.
- The Honest Trailer for the Batman v. Superman teaser. They perfectly captured the arguments of countless online threads in just two minutes.