- The basics of CQC: Knife + Gun = KNIFEGUN.
- Snake freaking out to Boss:
Snake: BOSS WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME
Snake: BOSS I'M SO LONELY
- "SELF-ESTEEM TEAM!"
- 99 Bottles of Vodka on the Wall! 99 Bottles of Vodkaaa! Shoopity doopity doopity doop!
- WELP GOTTA GO THAT CROTCH AIN'T GONNA GRAB ITSELF
- Unlike in the original, here, Volgin's a walking tank of funny.
Volgin: This is a war, Major. There's a spy among us.
The Boss: EVERYONE LOOK AT MY AWESOME HORSE. The Fear and The End have fallen.
Volgin: Why does your unit suck so much?
- The best part about that is that while Volgin's (and other people's) Death Glare is compounded by a Gross-Up Close-Up, the Boss's is just her regular cartoon face, but angry. As in, she did a Death Glare with her eyes shut.
- Even better in the hyperdub, in which he inexplicably sounds like Sean Connery.
- A very accurate retelling of The End's boss fight:
The End: You stand around in the open?
The End: I shoot you in the face.
Snake: (BAM) AAAAAAAAA
The End: You try to hide?
The End: I shoot you in the face.
Snake: (BAM) HOW
The End: You touch my parrot?
Snake: (sneaking up on the parrot)
The End: Right in the face.
Snake: (BAM) WHAT I DIDN'T EVEN
The End: And if I'm feeling a bit down... (Low HP) ...I say a prayer to the forest... (Recovers HP)
The End: ... And THEN I shoot you in the face!
Snake: (BAM) WHYYYYYYY
- Made even more hilarious in the Broad Spectrum dub, where they played "Saria's Song" when The End made his "prayer to the forest".
- The Fury is a solid block, for how abruptly he arrives, ends, and how blatant he is.
Snake: Alright, time to—
The Fury: COBRA TIME
Snake: oh boy
Snake: So, what's your deal?
The Fury: I AM THE FURY
The Fury: *closeup* I CAME BACK FROM SPACE
The Fury: *even closer* AND NOW I WANNA SET THE WORLD ON FIRE
- HEY, DID YOU SEE THE MUMMY IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD MOVIE.
- The Fear's boss introduction. Particularly even funnier with the hyperdub.
Snake: OKAY! Time to—!
The Fear: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- Eva and Snake somehow end up talking about love.
Eva: Hey, what kind of relationship do you have, anyway?
Snake (solemnly): She's like my mother... And my master.
Eva (slyly): Like a lover?
Snake (clearly disturbed at the prospect): I just said she's like my mother.
Eva: :D SNAAAKE AND THE BOOOSS, SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-
- Volgin's crotch grab...
Volgin: Major, I was waiting for you in my room! It's chocolate sundae night!
Volgin: And gosh, I'm right on schedule! *grabs Snake's crotch, HONK HONK*
Hideo Kojima: HAHAHAHAHAHA!! YES, THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
- After Snake gets one eye gutted out...
: Snake, have you ever seen Dracula
: Well, I guess you can only see half
of it now!
- From LittleKuriboh and White Ash 002's dub: SNAKE EATERRRRRR
- Mitigated somewhat by the fact that most of the dubs do that.
- "Come on Snake, what's not sexy about losing an eye?"
- The Shagohod is mostly blurred when we see it, but when we finally do see it, it looks like a crab, this was alluded to before.
- You didn't really think you'd get to leave without fighting this stupid thing did you?!
- The Sorrow's Talking with Signs.
- The Pain explaining his power over bees:
The Pain: Tommygun! Grenade! BIKINI!!!
- Made even more hilarious by the Broad Spectrum dub, which made him sound like Waspinator, and actually changed the 'Bikini' line into 'Beekini'.
- Snake's confusion after The Pain's death.
Sigint: Snake, you crazy man! You're just crazy!
- "W-well, there is a crocodile with a gun, and I think he's looking at me..."
- The Boss tells Volgin of The Pain's death:
The Boss: The Pain is dead.
Volgin: I'M SO ANGRY, I COULD PUNCH A CONCRETE WALL!
But it's cool! We've still got The Fearnote
and The Endnote
! He's the best sniper ever. Once he wakes up, it will be ''THE END''
for the boy.
Volgin: Ho ho ho!
The Boss: Yeah, that was a pretty good one, wasn't it?
Snake: (Tears in his eyes) The Boss and I used to make bad puns together!
- "Eva, I... I need you!... TO STOP WHINING AND FLY US OUT OF HERE!"
- The ending piece is so popular its image is used and edited everywhere
President: Alright gentlemen, we need a name for the man that defeated The Boss.
*Look at piece of paper that says Boss on it*
CIA members: Hmmmm...
*The word Big is scribbled above Boss*
CIA members: *GASP*
- Eva Drives Like Crazy so much that Snake is crying like a pansy in the face of it!
I WANNA CHANGE SEATS!
- Which is followed with Ocelot's "NO I HATE THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK!"
- Theproofreader's fandub of Ocelot overall IS a Crowning Moment of Funny by itself, since the guy sure knows how to crank up his tone to the point of sounding hilariously pathetic whenever Ocelot has his Butt Monkey moments, amping the scenes up.
- Volgin's rapeface during the torture scene. The BroadSpectrumStudios also went as far as adding an extra "Rrrowr!" sound effect for that.
- The Sorrow's introduction:
The Sorrow: I am The Sorrow.
Snake: A Cobra I can take seriously?
The Sorrow: (Glasses crack) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Snake: (Facepalming) why do i keep doing this to myself
- Eva's 60's bra = Snake's delight. Eva's 60's bloomers = Snake's dismay.
- Whenever The Sorrow appears in the background
Volgin: I found Tatyana snooping around the vault! ...with this! The Philosophers' Legacy!
The Sorrow: *On a sign* That's what happens when you tell everyone where you put it
Volgin: Who would have guesses that lovely Tatyana could be the spy?
Whose side are you on?!
Ocelot: *On a sign* Volgin Sux
The Sorrow: *On a sign* That's my boy
- The Boss telling Snake a story.
The Boss: It's story time!
The Boss: Today, the story of The Boss and the Mean Old Philosophers!
Snake: Ooh, I haven't heard this one!
The Boss Once upon a time, I was an atomic test subject. And then I was the first person in space. And then the government betrayed me when I went to Cuba! And then I had to kill my boyfriend.
Snake: I DON'T LIKE THIS STORY
The Boss: Let me finish! The Philosopers want war to go on forever! And my dad was one of them!
Young Boss: daddy I want to go home
The Boss: I was pregnant with The Sorrow's baby!
The Sorrow: let's name him little boss
The Boss: But the Philosophers stole it while I was on a mission!
Snake: W-Wait, why were you on a mission while you were pregnant?!
The Boss: Okay, let's do this!
The Fear: Uh, Boss...
The Fury: We didn't want to have to say this, but...
The Sorrow: M...Maybe you should start thinking about the baby?
The Boss: SHUT UP IT'S MY BODY I'LL DO WHAT I WANT! COBRAS, HOOOOO!!! *thud*
- SNAKE EATERRRRRRR doo doo do dooooooo