Darth Wiki / All Hell Breaks Loose
All Hell Breaks Loose
is a 12-episode comedy series by MikuruFan
Jean-Marie and Sheryl Bertrand, originally two ranchers from a remote area of northern Quebec, become Lust and Gluttony after accidentally murdering the original members of the position.
This work provides examples of:
- Accidental Murder
- Barrier Warrior: Due to only being able to be killed by another person and having a high position, everyone of power in Hell, Heaven, and Purgatory have this ability.
- Black Speech: The Language of Misnom. They are speaking this all the time and Translation Convention is used. Sometomes left untranslated, as with incantations.
- Blessed with Suck
- Bloody Hilarious
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: The plot-triggering action for the show is Sheryl Bertrand accidentally killing Lust and Gluttony. This is actually easier than one would expect — the anthropomorphisms do not die of natural causes, but they can be killed by the same means used to kill a human.
- Distaff Counterpart: The Seven Heavenly Virtues could be considered the opposite of the Seven Deadly Sins in both gender and morality.
- Eldritch Abomination: One appears in the finale.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The main reason the Seven Deadly Sins hate the Horsemen of the Apocalypse is that while they deliberately cause depravity in humans, the Horsemen cause them misery.
- Fauxlosophic Narration
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted with Sheryl. She's a cook as Gluttony, but her food is actually really bad.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell
- Firing in the Air a Lot: The trademark farewell of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Flanderization Discussed in-universe when the Seven Deadly Sins feel like they have lost representation of some of the actions they used to invoke.
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: Along with sickeningly sweet music to go with it.
- Gender Bender: Jean-Marie, who embodies both the traits of an attractive man and an attractive woman.
- Gender-Blender Name: Jean-Marie, who uses Marie as an alias for his girl form.
- Glamour: The position of Lust. Jean-Marie hates this.
- Hellgate: All over the place. The fact that there's so many Hellgates is Played for Laughs. Includes a manhole in the Shibuya District of Tokyo, above the Andes, Atlantic City, and even unlikely places like the mouth of a goat or a hermit's card collection.
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse: The rivals of the Seven Deadly Sins.
- I Just Want to Be Normal
- Informed Attractiveness: Played with. Jean-Marie might not be that attractive, and it's just the humans who think he/she is.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: Jean-Marie, who changes to a girl and back when he or someone nearby snaps.
- Large Ham: Pride.
- Lethal Chef: Sheryl. Even as Gluttony, her cooking is terrible, the only difference being that people just get addicted to it.
- Meaningful Name
- The Language of Misnom is incorrectly named.
- Jean-Marie, who can change sexes and has a name that can be divided into a boy name and a girl name.
- Mr. Fanservice: Jean-Marie's boy form.
- Ms. Fanservice: Jean-Marie's girl form.
- Mundane Afterlife: Purgatory is portrayed as a subway station where the train is running a thousand years late.
- Power Incontinence: What affects newly recruited Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Heavenly Virtues. They are able to control this after training.
- Power Perversion Potential: The position of Lust, especially after the user learns to control the power. This is how Lust embodies the sin itself as well as causing the sin in others.
- Purple Prose: The narration. Definitely Played for Laughs.
- The Rival: The Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Real Name as an Alias: Jean-Marie simply uses Marie when going out as his female form.
- Screw Yourself: In episode 8, Marie gets separated into a separate human person. Because she is human, of course she immediately falls in love with Jean-Marie.
- Seven Deadly Sins: Played with in that they cause the sins as well as embodying them.
- Seven Heavenly Virtues: Like the Seven Deadly Sins, they cause goodness as well as embodying them.
- Sixth Ranger: Despair, who some of the others don't recognize.
- The Smurfette Principle: Sheryl is the only completely female anthropomorphism of the Seven Deadly Sins.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Jean-Marie, who attracts everyone of both genders and every sexual orientation, due to his status as Lust.
- Translation Convention: Jean-Marie and Sheryl speak French. Additionally, most of the dialogue is in the Language of Misnom.
- Villain Protagonist
- Villains Out Shopping
- You Kill It, You Bought It: Jean-Marie and Sheryl came to their positions as Lust and Gluttony from Sheryl accidentally killing the original members of the position.