Meet Silver Quill. A Brony
who got started on deviantART and then one day decided to create a YouTube
account to talk about the latest episodes of the show giving a comedic but also straight-to-the-point review for each one. He sometimes brings guest reviewers on to assist him in giving each episode a deconstruction, talking about what was done well, what wasn't, et cetera. His mix of thoughtful analysis and hammy humor have quickly made him one of the more popular brony analysts.
You can find his YouTube
and his deviantART account here
You can support him via his Patreon here
Tropes associated with him:
- Big Bad Friend: With Sombra.
- Breaking the Reviewer's Wall: He often talks to characters on the show.
- Brick Joke: At the end of the review of "Rarity Takes Manehattan", Silver states that he can't fly because his animator is too lazy to make a flying animation for him. His collaborative review of Rainbow Falls has him attempting to fly when he sees Toon Critic has a flight animation...
- Comes back again in his review of 'For Whom The Sweetie Bell Toils' when he finally gets one.
- Butt Monkey: Silver Quill gets quite a bit of abuse during his analysis, some of which normal Hippogriffs wouldn't survive. To summarize, he's been...
- Beaten up by his friends.
- Captured by the Star Spiders.
- Fell in a deep hole no thanks to Siri.
- Beaten up by Rainbow Dash and Big Macintosh.
- Electrocuted several times by his producer. Each shock enough to fry a turkey, by the way.
- Uppercut to the moon by Big Macintosh.
- Fan reactions literally blew up in his face.
- Had his head shoved through an accordion.
- An ego-meter detonated in his grip.
- Beaten up by Apple Bloom.
- Shot out of the Party Howitzer.
- Tackled by Fluffle Puff.
- Was in the middle of the universe exploding.
- Ended up at the moon by Celestia.
- Hit by a Delorean and into a tree.
- Had his head shoved up a megaphone.
- Scorched by a flame geyser.
- Had a cell phone blow up in his face.
- Had been put through Inception's levels by Golden Fox.
- Was turned into a "reverse" hippogriff.
- Fallen from a six-story diving board into a pie pan of water.
- Nearly caught in a pop rocks and soda explosion.
- Got an arrow shot in his head.
- Had a hangover and a caffeine rush at the same time.
- Shot through the head with a javelin.
- His reporter title is "Universal Punching Bag".
- Got blown up while trying to reenact the Over 9000 meme.
- Tirek squished him underneath his hoof and continues to review stuck in his hoofprint.
- Nearly getting beaten up by an angry mob consisting of the Mane 6, the Royal Family, and Big Macintosh over all the jokes made at their expense of the series run.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: the first two videos that Silver Quill released had a black background. It has changed to show locations.
- Everyone Has Standards: Apparently there's a rule for hybrid creatures to not devour another hybrid. This is why Silver didn't have trouble from the chimera.
- Four Philosophy Ensemble: He and Voice of Reason are Realists
- Go Karting with Bowser: Silver's quartet, as seen in the Filli Vanilli review, is composed of King Sombra, Slendermane, and a tatzlwurm.
- Large Ham
- Only Sane Man: He is a tad eccentric, but compared to his colleagues, he's more of a voice of reason than the self-proclaimed Voice of Reason.
- Stalker with a Crush: Slendermane
- Weaksauce Weakness: With all he's been through, it turns out he's really susceptible to cuteness. It's what finally kills him.