Comic Book: My Little Pony: Friends Forever
A My Little Pony series from IDW Publishing based on Friendship is Magic, and part of the overall My Little Pony G4 universe. Friends Forever is the second spin-off monthly comic series from the main pony comic, and replacing the limited-run micro-series. As opposed to the micro-series where stories were focused on a single character, Friends Forever will feature one-issue stories based on pairing the various characters, including those from the Mane 6, background characters, and other fan-favorites. According to editor Bobby Curnow, this gives them space to play around more, and more potential for future one-off stories while leaving the more serial stories to the main comic. It will feature a similar revolving writer and artist.
This series provides examples of these tropes (for more, please also visit the character guide and the recap page):
- A Day in the Limelight: With two characters at once
- Foil: The stories often pair up some very contrasting individuals to see how they play off of each other.
- Rarity and Applejack (Tomboy and Girly Girl)
- Luna and Pinkie Pie (socially awkward vs outgoing and fun)
- Twilight Sparkle and Big Mac (flusters bookworm, calm farmworker)
- Lighter and Softer: While the main series tends to be much darker than the show, especially in its multi-part story arcs, these stories are much more in-line with the Slice of Life comedy fans expect. There's rarely any action, no multi-part stories, and typically it focuses on the interactions of characters for humor and Character Development.
- Not So Different: The running theme of the series is whomever the issue focuses on being this and getting a Friendship Moment out of it.
Tropes applying to Short Features:
Issue #8: A Morning In The Life Of Winona
- Written and drawn by Katie Cook, colored by Kate Carleton