"SkyClan's destiny is that we will never live in isolation from other cats. We're not like the forest Clans; we can't shut ourselves off entirely from kittypets and rogues. And visitors will be welcome."
—Leafstar on SkyClan, SkyClan's Destiny
Clan FactsSkyClan was the fifth Clan in Warrior Cats, exiled when humans destroyed their territory and soon disbanded and forgotten. During the events of Firestar's Quest, Firestar travels to the new home SkyClan temporarily inhabited and recruits cats to live there and be a new SkyClan.Beware of unmarked spoilers!Note: Please add character tropes exclusive to Dawn of the Clans to the Dawn of the Clans character page, not here.See also:
Medicine Cat: Echosong & Frecklewish
Hunting Territory: A sandy gorge
Camp: Caves in wall of gorge
Unique Battle Skill: Aboveground combat
Medicine Cat: Echosong & Frecklewish
Hunting Territory: A sandy gorge
Camp: Caves in wall of gorge
Unique Battle Skill: Aboveground combat
- Warrior Cats ThunderClan
- Warrior Cats Thunderclan Leaders And Deputies
- Warrior Cats Thunderclan Medicine Cats
- Warrior Cats The Three And Their Allies
- Warrior Cats Thunderclan Warriors And Apprentices
- Warrior Cats Other Thunderclanners
- Warrior Cats ShadowClan
- Warrior Cats RiverClan
- Warrior Cats WindClan
- Warrior Cats Tribe of Rushing Water
- Warrior Cats Others
- Warrior Cats: Dawn of the Clans
open/close all folders
Clear SkyThe legendary founder of SkyClan. Mentioned in Cloudstar's Journey. For more information about him, see his entry here.
- Famed In-Story: Still remembered many years after his death as the cat that founded SkyClan.
- Founder of the Kingdom: He founded SkyClan.
- The Leader: Clear Sky was the first leader of SkyClan.
- Retcon: Was called Sky in Code of the Clans, but Cloudstar's Journey has him called Clear Sky. Can be hand waved or justified by Secrets of the Clans, which says that the Dawn of the Clans happened so long ago that each version is told differently.
One of the three spirit cats that comes to Jayfeather in Long Shadows to show him where to find catnip. Also appeared in the short play Brightspirit's Mercy. Confirmed by Word of God to be a member of SkyClan, along with her parents (Braveheart and Shiningheart). image note
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She's a pretty prominent supporting character in Long Shadows, but doesn't make another appearance in any later books.
- Posthumous Character: Only appears in one book and a play, as a StarClan cat.
- Tuckerization: This character and her parents are based on a fan and her parents (Emmy, Dana, and Jimmy Cherry), who died in a tornado and were given warrior names by Warriors fans.
"StarClan may go where they please. They have betrayed SkyClan. From this day on, I will have nothing more to do with our warrior ancestors. StarClan allowed the twolegs to destroy our home. They look down on us now, and let the moon go on shining while you drive us out. They said there would always be five Clans in the forest, but they lied. SkyClan will never look to the stars again."
An ancient leader, and the last SkyClan leader of the forest. As a young warrior, he questioned StarClan, but he grew to become a very devout believer in their guidance and power. However, when his home was destroyed and his Clan was driven from the forest, all his old doubts returned and he swore that SkyClan would never follow StarClan again. He led his Clan on a long journey and they eventually found a new home, but it was not enough and they died out.As his death, he watched over the Clans for years, bitter because of SkyClan's exile. Finally, in Firestar's Quest, he appeared again, this time speaking to Firestar. Firestar was born a kittypet, and thus was a leader not descended from the cats that had driven SkyClan from the forest. Cloudstar begged Firestar to rebuilt SkyClan as penance for how the other four Clans had driven them from the forest. This began Firestar's longest and greatest journey.
- A Day in the Limelight: He got his own eBook novella called Cloudstar's Journey. Earlier, he got two stories in Battles of the Clans: "The Defeated Clan" and "A Lesson to Kittypet Thieves".
- Broken Ace: He was confident, strong, and charismatic, but SkyClan's exile completely broke him and shattered his belief in StarClan. He finally gets better once his spirit is reunited with the spirit of his mate during Leafstar's nine lives ceremony.
- The Exile: He and his Clan were driven out of the forest.
- I Will Wait for You: He promises Birdflight that he will wait for her until they are reunited in death.
- The Leader: He was the leader of SkyClan many moons before Into the Wild happened.
- Nay-Theist: Vows that he and his whole Clan will cease to worship StarClan since he feels that they betrayed SkyClan by allowing their territory to be destroyed and by allowing the other Clans to drive them out.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Blames StarClan for SkyClan being driven out and swears that he will never follow them again.
- Spirit Advisor: Appears to Firestar and tells him to rebuild SkyClan.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Was separated from his mate Birdflight and believed that he would never see her again. However, they do end up reunited in the afterlife.
"May StarClan light a path for all of us. We still live on, but our Clan has died."The last leader of the Ancient SkyClan. He disbanded his Clan after it became clear that they could not survive the threat of the rats. Appears in the Distant Prologue of SkyClan's Destiny.
- Breaking the Fellowship: He disbands SkyClan in a flashback sequence.
- The Leader: The last leader of the original SkyClan, to be precise.
"One day, cats will return here and find a way to succeed where we have failed. This is the leaf-bare of our Clan. Greenleaf will come, but it will bring even greater storms than these. SkyClan will need deeper roots if it is to survive."The last medicine cat of SkyClan. Although he witnessed its end, he always believed that SkyClan would return.
"The Clan is a family, Harry. A community."
A character in the Super Edition Firestar's Quest, Leafdapple was the cat that StarClan chose as the leader of the newly re-formed SkyClan. She introduced the idea of "daylight-warriors" to her Clan (kittypets who help the Clan during the day and stay with their Twolegs at night), and while this was an idea that originally caused some conflict between the daylight-warriors and regular Clan cats, the daylight-warriors eventually were accepted into the Clan. Leafstar also defied tradition by taking a mate and giving birth to kits while still carrying out her leadership duties. She is currently still leader of SkyClan, and has three kits with Billystorm, a daylight-warrior.
- Action Girl: She's a good fighter and hunter.
- Action Mom: In the SkyClan and the Stranger manga series, even though she has kits, she still fights with just as much strength.
- Back from the Dead: As with all leaders, she literally has nine lives. So far, she has lost only one; during her fight with Misha in SkyClan's Destiny she dies, but surprises her opponent great by coming back.
- Badass in Distress: In SkyClan and the Stranger: The Rescue, an elderly woman takes Leafstar and her kits into her home. The other members of SkyClan have to rescue their leader.
- Battle Couple: With her mate, Billystorm. They fight alongside each other when it comes to battle.
- Death Glare: She's pretty good at giving these. She gives them frequently in the SkyClan and the Stranger trilogy. She's especially furious in After the Flood when giving them to Billystorm, who suggested taking their kits back to his home while cleaning up the flood's damage and Sol, who stole her kits so that he could prove himself by "finding" them.
- Determinator: Billystorm wonders if anyone has ever been able to stop her from accomplishing her goals.
- The Leader: The first and so far only leader of modern SkyClan.
- Martial Pacifist: She believes in peace and avoiding unnecessary battles, but she still fights to protect her Clan.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: In SkyClan and the Stranger: After the Flood, she gives an epic one to Sol after he steals her kits so he could rescue them.Sol: "I'm always overlooked! Never made leader of a patrol...always scorned because I used to be a kittypet! I can be a warrior!"Leafstar: "No. You can't. You have no understanding of the warrior code at all. What you've done here proves it. You've risked the lives of young kits...by leaving them alone here. Anything could have happened to them. They could have been lost. They could have died. My kits could have died. But you didn't just betray me. You betrayed the entire Clan. You did all this...and you never considered how it would make any of us feel. The Clan is a family, Sol. A community. And you're incapable of thinking about anyone but yourself. I banish you from SkyClan. You've betrayed my trust, betrayed the warrior code...betrayed everything I thought you believed in."
- Unnamed Parent: Her mother appears and even gives her one of her nine lives, but surprisingly - especially considering that they name even minor characters that don't appear in-text - she is never named.
The current deputy of SkyClan and one of Leafstar's most trusted advisors. He was once known as a rogue named Scratch.
- Big Damn Heroes: His first appearance has him appear out of nowhere to help Firestar protect Clovertail and her kits from a fox.
- The Big Guy: He's a very talented fighter, and described as 'massive'.
- Character Development: In SkyClan's Destiny, he's shown to be hostile and scornful towards the daylight warriors. But after that book and in the SkyClan And The Stranger series, he's now accepting towards them, even praising Ebonyclaw for using a clever trick on a border patrol.
- Commander Contrarian: Opposed Leafstar mostly throughout SkyClan's Destiny. At the end, it's revealed that he challenges her because he's testing her to see if she's doing the right thing. That, and he just wanted what was best for the Clan.
- Hot-Blooded: He's pretty much always willing to fight, and he's so naturally charismatic and strong-willed that Firestar seriously considered the notion that StarClan would choose him as SkyClan's leader.
- Leader Wannabe: Hints to Firestar in Firestar's Quest that he thinks he should lead the Clan. By the end of the book he's learned about the warrior code and is content being deputy.
- Mentor Ship: Has kits with his former apprentice, Cherrytail.
The current SkyClan medicine cat. Was formerly a kittypet named Echo. Leafstar's closest friend and confidante.
- Action Girl: Not always, but she is seen jumping through the trees in After The Flood.
- Celibate Hero: Being a medicine cat means that she can never take a mate.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Although StarClan picked the smartest cat they could for the role of SkyClan's medicine cat, as a consequence of needing someone who would run off to join SkyClan because of a dream, they had to pick someone who was like this as well. Echosong is quite smart, but she has her moments, like believing that eating roots would mend the divide in SkyClan.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: In addition to visions coming naturally with the job, she met and joined Firestar because StarClan sent her a dream saying that she should go and meet him.
- Hello, Nurse!: She looks quite pretty in the SkyClan And The Stranger manga.
- The Smart Guy: She's very knowledgeable about herbs and generally gives Leafstar good advice.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In After The Flood, she had to spell it out for Leafstar that driving Billystorm out of the gorge was not a good idea.
An elderly tom who lived in the gorge. Most local cats initially beleived him to be strange and made fun of him, but it turned out that he had simply been following the ways of the old SkyClan. He joined the new Clan but died shortly afterward; he gave the Power of Three prophecy to Firestar the day of his death.
- Expy: His temperament is very much like that of Yellowfang. Firestar and Sandstorm both pick up on this and comment on it.
- In-Series Nickname: Called "Moony" by the other cats around the gorge.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's bitter and distrustful due to how the other cats treat him, but he's a nice guy deep down inside.
- Last of His Kind/Living Relic: Before SkyClan's rebuilding, he was the only cat descended from the old Clan that still tried to live a life following the warrior code - in fact, he was the only cat in the area that even knew about the Clan.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: For the longest time, the other cats near the gorge only called him "Moony".
- What the Hell, Hero?: Calls Firestar out for trying to leave the gorge without making amends by rebuilding SkyClan.
"My place is in the gorge from now on. My family needs me, and this is where I belong. The Clan united against those rogues. We proved that no cat is going to leave the gorge, not until StarClan calls them. If SkyClan's future is here, then so is mine."A daylight-warrior and Leafstar's mate. He is also the father of her kits: Firekit, Stormkit, and Harrykit.
- Battle Couple: Billystorm and his mate Leafstar often fight together, making a good pair.
- Happily Mated: After SkyClan's Destiny, Billystorm gets together with Leafstar, and the two are happy together. They have a few problems in SkyClan and the Stranger, but it all works out in the end.
- The Lancer: Always by Leafstar's side and contrasts her nature with his softer, kinder one.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: He's kind-hearted, gentle, and likes being a kittypet. Leafstar is badass, throws around death glares, and is unafraid to tell others exactly what she thinks about them.
- Nice Guy: He's pretty nice to everyone, and is fairly wise.
- Oh Crap!: Does this and drops the squirrel he's carrying when Leafstar gives him the Death Glare.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: In SkyClan and the Stranger: After the Flood Billystorm gives one to Sol after Sol's rant about him being a daylight warrior, then concludes it by declaring that he will become a full warrior of SkyClan for his family.
Mate of Rainfur and mother of Mintfur and Sagepaw. She was originally trapped in the home of an abusive Twoleg, until SkyClan rescued her.
- Action Girl: She fights and hunts like all the warriors.
- Action Mom: Like most mothers in this series. She actually gets to be her son's mentor and train him in the ways of a warrior.
- Damsel in Distress: She's being held captive by an abusive twoleg who is starving her when she's introduced in Firestar's Quest.
- The Dog Bites Back: Gets her revenge on the abusive twoleg in SkyClan's Destiny.
- Her Heart Will Go On: While her mate Rainfur gets killed off during the rat battle, Petalnose lives on and raises their two kits.
- Revenge: Petalnose is keen to get some payback for what she suffered under the abusive twoleg's care.
Snookthorn/SnookyA daylight-warrior in SkyClan's Destiny, Snookpaw trained with SkyClan, but after receiving his warrior name, ultimately decided that kittypet life was the best lifestyle for him.
- Put on a Bus: Leaves partway through SkyClan's Destiny.
A daylight-warrior fond of goofing off with his friend Macgyver. Their laziness leads to them getting exiled from SkyClan for a moon.
- Ambiguously Gay: Although in the SkyClan and the Stranger manga, it's implied he may have feelings for Mintfur who seems to return his feelings.
- Character Development: In After The Flood, when he turns into a nice, helpful guy.
- Lazy Bum: Up until After The Flood, where he starts helping out a lot.
- Ship Tease: With Mintfur.
- Those Two Guys: With Macgyver.
A daylight-warrior who spends his days goofing off with his best friend, Harveymoon. Their laziness leads to them getting exiled from SkyClan for a moon.
- Lazy Bum: He doesn't like doing work whatsoever.
- Shout-Out: Both Vicky and his twolegs named him after the TV Show.
- Those Two Guys: With Harveymoon.
"I don't want to be a coward anymore."A warrior who joined SkyClan in between Firestar's Quest and SkyClan's Destiny. He is very paranoid, and is seen as a hindrance to his Clan, but it's actually because he used to be imprisoned by the abusive Twoleg who had previously captured Petalnose.
- Amateur Sleuth: In After The Flood he takes it upon himself to find out the truth about Leafstar's kidnapped kits.
- Badass: While not quite Scourge or Lionblaze level, he is one of the most badass cats in the series, due to defeating a fox all on his own.
- Big Damn Heroes: In After The Flood he arrives with a patrol to help Leafstar just after she finishes defeating Sol in combat.
- Cats Hate Water: Averted. He enjoys a bath in After The Flood.
- Cowardly Sidekick: To Sharpclaw.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He may be cowardly, but not only did he manage to escape from the house of the abusive Twoleg on his own, he also once defeated a fox while his comrades were stuck in the bushes.
- Face Your Fears: Wants to do this by joining the battle against the abusive Twoleg. Leafstar subverts this by making him stay behind. However, in SkyClan and the Stranger: After the Flood, he faces off against Sol at the shed he was once a prisoner in, and is no longer scared of it.
- Freudian Excuse: Sure he was so cowardly that he bordered on being a jerkass, but it was all because of his imprisonment by the abusive Twoleg.
- Revenge: He asks to go along on the mission to defeat the abusive Twoleg so that he can have his revenge for how he was treated.
- Took a Level in Badass: He eventually manages to get over his cowardice near the end of SkyClan's Destiny.
- Why Did It Have To Be Twolegs?: He was traumatized by the abusive Twoleg's treatment of him, and is afraid of Twolegs and the abusive Twoleg's home as a result.
Clovertail, along with her three kits, is one of the first cats to join modern SkyClan. Although eager to join the Clan for protection, she is reluctant to learn to hunt and fight in order to protect the rest of her Clan, though she does come around eventually. She later has two more kits with Patchfoot. Like Daisy and Ferncloud, she stays in the nursery as a permanent queen.
- Action Girl: Somewhat of an aversion, at least in this series; although she eventually learns hunting and fighting, she prefers to stay in the nursery and help queens raise their kits.
- Damsel in Distress: When Firestar and Sandstorm first meet her and her kits, they're being attacked by a fox.
- Lazy Bum: Right after she joins the Clan. She only joined so that her kits would be protected, because she didn't think she could keep them safe by herself. She changes her mind after she saves Bouncekit from drowning.
- Mama Bear: Comes to believe in her own worth after she fearlessly saves her son from drowning. In SkyClan's Destiny Leafstar observes that Clovertail has become like a mother to all the Clan.
CherrytailOne of the first cats to join Modern SkyClan. She was formerly a kittypet named Cherry, but after Firestar showed her and her brother the ways of a warrior, she eagerly accepted his offer to join the new Clan. She was mentored by Sharpclaw, but became a warrior at the end of Firestar's Quest. She is descended from Ancient SkyClan, as shown by her powerful haunches and thick pads.
- Genki Girl: In Firestar's Quest she is bouncy, excitable, and full of energy.
- Jumped at the Call: After Firestar explained it to her, she was super eager to become a warrior of SkyClan.
- Mentor Ship: In SkyClan and the Stranger, she has kits with her mentor Sharpclaw.
- Took a Level in Kindness: At first she was rather rude and picked on Skywatcher, but after meeting Firestar she became kinder and more respectful.
Sparrowpelt (Boris)One of the founding members of Modern SkyClan. He was formerly a kittypet, but he joined the young Clan after Firestar showed him the ways of a warrior. He was mentored by Leafstar, and became a warrior at the end of Firestar's Quest. He also has the blood of Ancient SkyClan, which is shown by his powerful haunches.
- Fantastic Racism: He seemed to have taken a disdainful dislike towards those who weren't permanent gorge-bound warriors. But after SkyClan's Destiny, he got over it.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. His name is the same as the ThunderClan tom who later became Halftail.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Picked on Skywatcher at first, but became nicer in Firestar's Quest.
Rabbitleap is the son of Waspwhisker and Fallowfern. He is the star of the bonus manga at the end of SkyClan's Destiny.
- A Day in the Limelight: The manga at the end of SkyClan's Destiny is about him.
- Meaningful Name: Particularly the suffix. In his manga, he is shown to be afraid of heights, a fear which he eventually overcomes. Also, the qualities of being a good leaper and having strong hindquarters are generally thought of as traits of Ancient SkyClan cats.
See the "Kittypets" folder on Warrior Cats Others.
SkyClan and the Stranger spoilers: See the "Rogues" folder on Warrior Cats Others.