"SkyClan's destiny is that we will never live in isolation from other cats. We're not like the forest Clans; we can't shut ourselves off entirely from kittypets and rogues. And visitors will be welcome."
—Leafstar on SkyClan, SkyClan's Destiny
Clan FactsSkyClan was the fifth Clan in Warrior Cats, exiled when humans destroyed their territory and soon disbanded and forgotten. During the events of Firestar's Quest, Firestar travels to the new home SkyClan temporarily inhabited and recruits cats to live there and be a new SkyClan.Beware of unmarked spoilers!Note: Please add character tropes exclusive to Dawn of the Clans to the Dawn of the Clans character page, not here.See also:
Medicine Cat: Frecklewish (unconfirmed)
Hunting Territory: A sandy gorge
Camp: Caves in wall of gorge
Unique Battle Skill: Aboveground combat
Medicine Cat: Frecklewish (unconfirmed)
Hunting Territory: A sandy gorge
Camp: Caves in wall of gorge
Unique Battle Skill: Aboveground combat
- Warrior Cats ThunderClan
- Warrior Cats Thunderclan Leaders And Deputies
- Warrior Cats Thunderclan Medicine Cats
- Warrior Cats The Three And Their Allies
- Warrior Cats Thunderclan Warriors And Apprentices
- Warrior Cats Other Thunderclanners
- Warrior Cats ShadowClan
- Warrior Cats RiverClan
- Warrior Cats WindClan
- Warrior Cats Tribe of Rushing Water
- Warrior Cats Others
- Warrior Cats: Dawn of the Clans
open/close all folders
Leaders and Deputies
"SkyClan will never end! We have suffered great losses before, only to rise and thrive again."The legendary founder of SkyClan. Mentioned in Cloudstar's Journey. For more information about him, see his entry here.
- Famed In-Story: Still remembered many years after his death as the cat that founded SkyClan.
- Founder of the Kingdom: He founded SkyClan.
- The Leader: Clear Sky was the first leader of SkyClan.
- Retcon: Was called Sky in Code of the Clans, but Cloudstar's Journey has him called Clear Sky. Can be hand waved or justified by Secrets of the Clans, which says that the Dawn of the Clans happened so long ago that each version is told differently.
"StarClan may go where they please. They have betrayed SkyClan. From this day on, I will have nothing more to do with our warrior ancestors. StarClan allowed the twolegs to destroy our home. They look down on us now, and let the moon go on shining while you drive us out. They said there would always be five Clans in the forest, but they lied. SkyClan will never look to the stars again."
An ancient leader, and the last SkyClan leader of the forest. As a young warrior, he questioned StarClan, but he grew to become a very devout believer in their guidance and power. However, when his home was destroyed and his Clan was driven from the forest, all his old doubts returned and he swore that SkyClan would never follow StarClan again. He led his Clan on a long journey and they eventually found a new home, but it was not enough and they died out.After his death, he watched over the Clans for years, bitter because of SkyClan's exile. Finally, in Firestar's Quest, he appeared again, this time speaking to Firestar. Firestar was born a kittypet, and thus was a leader not descended from the cats that had driven SkyClan from the forest. Cloudstar begged Firestar to rebuilt SkyClan as penance for how the other four Clans had driven them from the forest. This began Firestar's longest and greatest journey.
- A Day in the Limelight: He got his own eBook novella called Cloudstar's Journey. Earlier, he got two stories in Battles of the Clans: "The Defeated Clan" and "A Lesson to Kittypet Thieves".
- Broken Ace: He was confident, strong, and charismatic, but SkyClan's exile completely broke him and shattered his belief in StarClan. He finally gets better once his spirit is reunited with the spirit of his mate during Leafstar's nine lives ceremony.
- The Exile: He and his Clan were driven out of the forest.
- I Will Wait for You: He promises Birdflight that he will wait for her until they are reunited in death.
- The Leader: He was the leader of SkyClan many moons before Into the Wild happened.
- Nay-Theist: Vows that he and his whole Clan will cease to worship StarClan since he feels that they betrayed SkyClan by allowing their territory to be destroyed and by allowing the other Clans to drive them out.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Blames StarClan for SkyClan being driven out and swears that he will never follow them again.
- Spirit Advisor: Appears to Firestar and tells him to rebuild SkyClan.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Was separated from his mate Birdflight and believed that he would never see her again. However, they do end up reunited in the afterlife.
"May StarClan light a path for all of us. We still live on, but our Clan has died."The last leader of the Ancient SkyClan. He disbanded his Clan after it became clear that they could not survive the threat of the rats. Appears in the Distant Prologue of SkyClan's Destiny.
- Breaking the Fellowship: He disbands SkyClan in a flashback sequence.
- The Leader: The last leader of the original SkyClan, to be precise.
"The Clan is a family, Harry. A community."
A character in the Super Edition Firestar's Quest, Leafdapple was the cat that StarClan chose as the leader of the newly re-formed SkyClan. She introduced the idea of "daylight-warriors" to her Clan (kittypets who help the Clan during the day and stay with their Twolegs at night), and while this was an idea that originally caused some conflict between the daylight-warriors and regular Clan cats, the daylight-warriors eventually were accepted into the Clan. Leafstar also defied tradition by taking a mate and giving birth to kits while still carrying out her leadership duties. She is currently still leader of SkyClan, and has three kits with Billystorm, a daylight-warrior.
- Action Girl: She's a good fighter and hunter.
- Action Mom: In the SkyClan and the Stranger manga series, even though she has kits, she still fights with just as much strength.
- Back from the Dead: As with all leaders, she literally has nine lives. So far, she has lost only one; during her fight with Misha in SkyClan's Destiny she dies, but surprises her opponent great by coming back.
- Badass in Distress: In SkyClan and the Stranger: The Rescue, an elderly woman takes Leafstar and her kits into her home. The other members of SkyClan have to rescue their leader.
- Battle Couple: With her mate, Billystorm. They fight alongside each other when it comes to battle.
- Death Glare: She's pretty good at giving these. She gives them frequently in the SkyClan and the Stranger trilogy. She's especially furious in After the Flood when giving them to Billystorm, who suggested taking their kits back to his home while cleaning up the flood's damage and Sol, who stole her kits so that he could prove himself by "finding" them.
- Determinator: Billystorm wonders if anyone has ever been able to stop her from accomplishing her goals.
- The Leader: The first and so far only leader of modern SkyClan.
- Martial Pacifist: She believes in peace and avoiding unnecessary battles, but she still fights to protect her Clan.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: In SkyClan and the Stranger: After the Flood, she gives an epic one to Sol after he steals her kits so he could rescue them.Sol: "I'm always overlooked! Never made leader of a patrol...always scorned because I used to be a kittypet! I can be a warrior!"Leafstar: "No. You can't. You have no understanding of the warrior code at all. What you've done here proves it. You've risked the lives of young kits...by leaving them alone here. Anything could have happened to them. They could have been lost. They could have died. My kits could have died. But you didn't just betray me. You betrayed the entire Clan. You did all this...and you never considered how it would make any of us feel. The Clan is a family, Sol. A community. And you're incapable of thinking about anyone but yourself. I banish you from SkyClan. You've betrayed my trust, betrayed the warrior code...betrayed everything I thought you believed in."
- Trauma Conga Line: Has a bit of one in Hawkwing's Journey. She loses her home, her mate, two of her kits, and two of her deputies.
- Unnamed Parent: Her mother appears and even gives her one of her nine lives, but surprisingly - especially considering that they name even minor characters that don't appear in-text - she is never named.
"Sharpclaw has pushed hard for the post of leader when he hadn’t completely understood the full meaning of the warrior code. He could make Leafstar’s life difficult if he had refused to accept her authority. But his fiery courage and fighting skills would balance well with Leafstar’s more thoughtful personality. And one day, when he had lived enough moons by the warrior code, he would make a good leader."
A founding member of modern SkyClan. He was once a rogue named Scratch.
- Big Damn Heroes: His first appearance has him appear out of nowhere to help Firestar protect Clovertail and her kits from a fox.
- The Big Guy: He's a very talented fighter, and described as 'massive'.
- Character Development: In SkyClan's Destiny, he's shown to be hostile and scornful towards the daylight warriors. But after that book and in the SkyClan And The Stranger series, he's now accepting towards them, even praising Ebonyclaw for using a clever trick on a border patrol.
- Commander Contrarian: Opposed Leafstar mostly throughout SkyClan's Destiny. At the end, it's revealed that he challenges her because he's testing her to see if she's doing the right thing. That, and he just wanted what was best for the Clan.
- Hot-Blooded: He's pretty much always willing to fight, and he's so naturally charismatic and strong-willed that Firestar seriously considered the notion that StarClan would choose him as SkyClan's leader. Hawkwing has apparently inherited this trait from him.
- Leader Wannabe: Hints to Firestar in Firestar's Quest that he thinks he should lead the Clan. By the end of the book he's learned about the warrior code and is content being deputy.
- Mentor Ship: Has kits with his former apprentice, Cherrytail.
- Number Two: Becomes a loyal deputy to Leafstar, and (eventually) seems not begrudge her at all for being chosen as leader.
WaspwhiskerA warrior of modern SkyClan who joined after being rescued by the young Clan. He's the father of Plumwillow, Nettlesplash, Rabbitleap, and Creekfeather. In Hawkwing's Journey he takes over as deputy when Sharpclaw dies.
- Never Found the Body: In Hawkwing's Journey, he gets kidnapped by twolegs. It's mentioned that they don't look like twolegs that intend to do anything good with the cats they take. The entire Clan treats him as if he is dead.
- Took a Level in Badass: When he first met SkyClan, Waspwhisker was a scared, lost kittypet. Ultimately he becomes a tough, skilled warrior and Clan deputy.
"I'm not your father, but that doesn't mean I don't care for you. I'll always be here to help you if you ever need me."One of four kits of Cherrytail and Sharpclaw, Hawkwing is the protagonist of the Super Edition Hawkwing's Journey.
- Angsty Surviving Twin: Well, Angsty Surviving Quadruplet, after Duskpaw dies.
- Ascended Extra: He appeared in Ravenpaw's Farewell as a minor SkyClan apprentice. However, he may have been given a speaking role in that book specifically because he was destined to be the hero of a Super Edition, which would make him a Red Herring Shirt.
- Disappeared Dad: Inverted. It's implied that he is the father of Violetpaw and Twigpaw.
- Happily Married: Pretty quickly gets together with Pebbleshine once they become close friends.
- Hurting Hero: Boy, howdy. He suffers more in his Super Edition than pretty much any character in the entirety of canon, bar maybe Crookedstar.
- Kissing Cousins:With Pebbleshine. The specifics are:Cherrytail and Sparrowpelt are siblings, and Pebbleshine is Sparrowpelt's kit, while Hawkwing is Cherrytail's. As usual in Warriors, this is never acknowledged in-universe.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Hawkwing goads Dodge into fighting him, one on one, to let him release his apprentice. After an intense fight, Hawkwing ends up killing Dodge and gets his Clan safety in passing through the Twolegplace.
- Like a Son to Me: After losing his mate Pebbleshine, Hawkwing helps Plumwillow raise her kits and comes to see them like his own.
- Number Two: As of the end of Hawkwing's Journey.
- Parental Substitute: He acts as Plumwillow's kits' father until their actual father, Sandynose, returns.
- Second Love: He thought he might be this to Plumwillow and Plumwillow to him, but then her actual mate, Sandynose, returns.
- Survivor Guilt: Constantly, particularly as a result of Duskpaw's death.
- Trauma Conga Line: As with many, many Warriors protagonists. Specifically, in Hawkwing's Journey, Hawkwing loses his brother to a fire and blames himself for it because he saved Pebblepaw from the fire instead of saving his brother; fights with his father who then dies before they can make up; many of his other Clanmates die, are stolen, or choose to leave SkyClan; is betrayed by a close friend whom he considered almost a brother and is driven from his home by him; loses his pregnant mate when she's stolen by twolegs; journeys moons on end only to say goodbye to his mother, one of his sisters, and his apprentice; becomes friend with Waspwhisker, Duskpaw's former mentor, who then dies; almost loses his other sister and foster son; and becomes close to Plumwillow and especially her kits, so much so that the kits think he's their father, only for their REAL father to show back up and the kits eventually becoming close to him instead of Hawkwing.
- Unexpected Successor: To Waspwhisker, as Hawkwing is still a young(ish) warrior at the time and also never finished mentoring his apprentice.
"One day, cats will return here and find a way to succeed where we have failed. This is the leaf-bare of our Clan. Greenleaf will come, but it will bring even greater storms than these. SkyClan will need deeper roots if it is to survive."The last medicine cat of SkyClan. Although he witnessed its end, he always believed that SkyClan would return.
- Arc Words: Triggers them for SkyClan's Destiny by saying, "SkyClan will need deeper roots if it is to survive."
- The Medic: He's a medicine cat, and he's also seen patching up Spiderstar's wounds.
- Undying Loyalty: Described as having "unflinching loyalty to the warrior code".
"Maybe we will meet again in the paths of dreaming, but my heart tells me this is farewell."
Echosong was once a kittypet named Echo. She was led by mysterious dreams to meet Firestar, and eventually became the first medicine cat of modern day SkyClan. She's Leafstar's closest friend and confidante.
- Action Girl: Not always, but she is seen jumping through the trees in After The Flood.
- Celibate Hero: Being a medicine cat means that she can never take a mate.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Although StarClan picked the smartest cat they could for the role of SkyClan's medicine cat, as a consequence of needing someone who would run off to join SkyClan because of a dream, they had to pick someone who was like this as well. Echosong is quite smart, but she has her moments, like believing that eating roots would mend the divide in SkyClan.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: In addition to visions coming naturally with the job, she met and joined Firestar because StarClan sent her a dream saying that she should go and meet him.
- Hello, Nurse!: She looks quite pretty in the SkyClan And The Stranger manga.
- Killed Offscreen: Revealed in the manga at the end of Hawkwing's Journey.
- The Smart Guy: She's very knowledgeable about herbs and generally gives Leafstar good advice.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In After The Flood, she had to spell it out for Leafstar that driving Billystorm out of the gorge was not a good idea.
"I also need to mention Frecklepaw. She worked hard to help Echosong care for the wounded warriors, and she has learned a great deal about herbs and how to treat injuries."Frecklewish is the apprentice of Echosong. She's notable for being the only known daylight-medicine cat. Her twolegs call her Freckle.
- Celibate Hero: Naturally.
- Never Found the Body: In Hawkwing's Journey. It's uncertain whether she's alive or dead, although dead seems likely.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. There's a ThunderClan warrior with the same name.
- The Unchosen One: In a medicine cat sense, rather than a protagonist one. At first Leafstar says Frecklewish won't be allowed to train as a medicine cat until there's a sign indicating she should. Eventually, though, Leafstar allows it, and Frecklewish proves her mettle on her own.
Warriors and Apprentices
"It takes great strength to have mercy—more strength than it takes to win a battle."One of the three spirit cats that comes to Jayfeather in Long Shadows to show him where to find catnip. Also appeared in the short play Brightspirit's Mercy. Confirmed by Word of God to be a member of SkyClan, along with her parents (Braveheart and Shiningheart). image note
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She's a pretty prominent supporting character in Long Shadows, but doesn't make another appearance in any later books.
- Posthumous Character: Only appears in one book and a play, as a StarClan cat.
- Tuckerization: This character and her parents are based on a fan and her parents (Emmy, Dana, and Jimmy Cherry), who died in a tornado and were given warrior names by Warriors fans.
"Your future lies ahead of you, where the Clans are. I'm not sure where my future lies, and I need time to work it out. Oh, my dear kits, you are all so brave and loyal. I shall miss you dreadfully, but I can't follow you into a future I know is not the right one for me."One of the first cats to join modern SkyClan. She was formerly a kittypet named Cherry, but after Firestar showed her and her brother the ways of a warrior, she eagerly accepted his offer to join the new Clan. She was mentored by Sharpclaw, but became a warrior at the end of Firestar's Quest. She is descended from Ancient SkyClan, as shown by her powerful haunches and thick pads.
- Genki Girl: In Firestar's Quest she is bouncy, excitable, and full of energy.
- Jumped at the Call: After Firestar explained it to her, she was super eager to become a warrior of SkyClan.
- Mentor Ship: In SkyClan and the Stranger, she has kits with her mentor Sharpclaw.
- Took a Level in Kindness: At first she was rather rude and picked on Skywatcher, but after meeting Firestar she became kinder and more respectful.
"The code gives us strength, and the certainty that StarClan watches over us."One of the founding members of modern SkyClan. He was formerly a kittypet named Boris, but he joined the young Clan after Firestar showed him the ways of a warrior. He was mentored by Leafstar, and became a warrior at the end of Firestar's Quest. He also likely has the blood of Ancient SkyClan, which is shown by his powerful haunches.
- Fantastic Racism: He seemed to have taken a disdainful dislike towards those who weren't permanent gorge-bound warriors. But after SkyClan's Destiny, he got over it.
- Off Screen Romance: With Tinycloud. They have apprentice-age kits together by Ravenpaw's Farewell.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. His name is the same as the ThunderClan tom who later became Halftail.
- Out of Focus: In Hawkwing's Journey, he's surprisingly unimportant.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Picked on Skywatcher at first, but became nicer in Firestar's Quest.
"It always makes my heart just glow when new kits arrive in the Clan."Mate of Rainfur and mother of Mintfur and Sagenose. She was originally trapped in the home of an abusive Twoleg, until SkyClan rescued her.
- Action Girl: She fights and hunts like all the warriors.
- Action Mom: Like most mothers in this series. She actually gets to be her son's mentor and train him in the ways of a warrior.
- Damsel in Distress: She's being held captive by an abusive twoleg who is starving her when she's introduced in Firestar's Quest.
- The Dog Bites Back: Gets her revenge on the abusive twoleg in SkyClan's Destiny.
- Her Heart Will Go On: While her mate Rainfur gets killed off during the rat battle, Petalnose lives on and raises their two kits.
- Killed Offscreen: Presumably. In Hawkwing's Journey she doesn't appear at all.
- Revenge: Petalnose is keen to get some payback for what she suffered under the abusive twoleg's care.
"My place is in the gorge from now on. My family needs me, and this is where I belong. The Clan united against those rogues. We proved that no cat is going to leave the gorge, not until StarClan calls them. If SkyClan's future is here, then so is mine."A daylight-warrior and Leafstar's mate. He is also the father of her kits: Firefern, Stormheart, and Harrybrook.
- Battle Couple: Billystorm and his mate Leafstar often fight together, making a good pair.
- Happily Married: After SkyClan's Destiny, Billystorm gets together with Leafstar, and the two are happy together. They have a few problems in SkyClan and the Stranger, but it all works out in the end.
- The Lancer: Always by Leafstar's side and contrasts her nature with his softer, kinder one.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: He's kind-hearted, gentle, and likes being a kittypet. Leafstar is badass, throws around death glares, and is unafraid to tell others exactly what she thinks about them.
- Nice Guy: He's pretty nice to everyone, and is fairly wise.
- Oh, Crap!: Does this and drops the squirrel he's carrying when Leafstar gives him the Death Glare.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: In SkyClan and the Stranger: After the Flood Billystorm gives one to Sol after Sol's rant about him being a daylight warrior, then concludes it by declaring that he will become a full warrior of SkyClan for his family.
"But Harveymoon took me by surprise. For the longest time I thought he was the laziest cat I had ever met. But lately he's been surprising me in more ways than one."A daylight-warrior fond of goofing off with his friend Macgyver. Their laziness leads to them getting exiled from SkyClan for a moon.
- Character Development: In After The Flood, when he turns into a nice, helpful guy.
- Lazy Bum: Up until After The Flood, where he starts helping out a lot.
- Ship Tease: With Mintfur. In Hawkwing's Journey it's revealed that their relationship went nowhere.
- Those Two Guys: With Macgyver.
"I'm coming with you. I'll miss my Twolegs, but, well, I'm a SkyClan cat!"A daylight-warrior who spends his days goofing off with his best friend, Harveymoon. Their laziness leads to them getting exiled from SkyClan for a moon.
- Lazy Bum: He doesn't like doing any work whatsoever.
- Shout-Out: Both Vicky and his twolegs named him after the TV Show.
- Those Two Guys: With Harveymoon. In Hawkwing's Journey this is ended, as he chooses to stay with SkyClan while Harveymoon stays with his housefolk.
"I don't want to be a coward anymore."A warrior who joined SkyClan in between Firestar's Quest and SkyClan's Destiny. He is very paranoid, and is seen as a hindrance to his Clan, but it's actually because he used to be imprisoned by the abusive Twoleg who had previously captured Petalnose.
- Amateur Sleuth: In After The Flood he takes it upon himself to find out the truth about Leafstar's kidnapped kits.
- Big Damn Heroes: In After The Flood he arrives with a patrol to help Leafstar just after she finishes defeating Sol in combat.
- Cats Hate Water: Averted. He enjoys a bath in After The Flood.
- Cowardly Sidekick: To Sharpclaw.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He may be cowardly, but not only did he manage to escape from the house of the abusive Twoleg on his own, he also once defeated a fox while his comrades were stuck in the bushes.
- Face Your Fears: Wants to do this by joining the battle against the abusive Twoleg. Leafstar subverts this by making him stay behind. However, in SkyClan and the Stranger: After the Flood, he faces off against Sol at the shed he was once a prisoner in, and is no longer scared of it.
- Freudian Excuse: Sure he was so cowardly that he bordered on being a jerkass, but it was all because of his imprisonment by the abusive Twoleg.
- Killed Offscreen: Most likely happened to him. In Hawkwing's Journey he doesn't appear or get a mention.
- Revenge: He asks to go along on the mission to defeat the abusive Twoleg so that he can have his revenge for how he was treated.
- Took a Level in Badass: He eventually manages to get over his cowardice near the end of SkyClan's Destiny.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He was traumatized by the abusive Twoleg's treatment of him, and is afraid of Twolegs and the abusive Twoleg's home as a result.
"Thank you, Hawkwing. I can never repay you for keeping my family safe."One of Clovertail's kits with Patchfoot, Sandynose is Plumwillow's mate and father to Finpaw, Dewpaw, and Reedpaw. He's a supporting character in SkyClan and the Stranger and Hawkwing's Journey.
- Disappeared Dad: He's taken away by twolegs before Plumwillow has their kits. By the time he returns, his kits think Hawkwing is their father.
- Distressed Dude: Twolegs take him away and he's stuck with them for a little while. Luckily, he manages to escape.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Is initially jealous of his kits' close relationship to Hawkwing, but soon mellows out when Hawkwing encourages the kits to give Sandynose a chance.
- Happily Married: With Plumwillow.
"I could never have managed this without you. Losing Sandynose still feels so raw, and I could never take another mate, but I'll need help with these kits—if I'm not presuming too much, would you want to help me?"Daughter of Waspwhisker and Fallowfern, and sister to Nettlesplash, Rabbitleap, and Creekfeather. She is also Sandynose's mate and mother to Reedpaw, Finpaw, and Dewpaw.Plumwillow is a supporting character in the Super Edition Hawkwing's Journey. She has her kits during SkyClan's journey to the Clans and asks Hawkwing's help in raising her kits as their father had been kidnapped by twolegs. He agrees and the two strike up a close friendship.
- Happily Married: With Sandynose.
- Pregnant Badass: While she doesn't fight during her pregnancy, she does join her Clan on their journey to find ThunderClan, which was not an easy trip in the slightest.
- Second Love: Hawkwing thought he might be one for her and her for him, but she never stopped loving Sandynose and was elated when he returned after being stolen by twolegs.
Rabbitleap is the son of Waspwhisker and Fallowfern. He is the star of the bonus manga at the end of SkyClan's Destiny.
- A Day in the Limelight: The manga at the end of SkyClan's Destiny is about him.
- Meaningful Name: Particularly the suffix. In his manga, he is shown to be afraid of heights, a fear which he eventually overcomes. Also, the qualities of being a good leaper and having strong hindquarters are generally thought of as traits of Ancient SkyClan cats.
"I want to thank you for rescuing me. I was trapped, and you saved my life. What Leafstar said about you is true. You really are brave and courageous. I'm so happy to be alive, and it's all because of you."Daughter of Sparrowpelt and Tinycloud, and sister to Parsleyseed. She is a supporting character in the Super Edition Hawkwing's Journey. As an apprentice, she joined Hawkpaw's littermates, Duskpaw and Cloudpaw, in stealing twoleg food and ends up trapped by fire with Duskpaw and Cloudpaw. Believing Duskpaw motioned for Hawkpaw to save Pebblepaw instead of him, Hawkpaw saves Pebblepaw from the fire and loses his brother as a result.Hawkpaw blames himself and Pebblepaw for it for a while, but Pebblepaw's Character Development wins him over and the two become close friends and eventually mates. Pebblepaw is mentored by Billystorm then Sandynose after Billystorm's death. As a warrior, she becomes pregnant with Hawkwing's kits, but is kidnapped by twolegs shortly after finding out.
- Ascended Extra: She made a small appearance in Ravenpaw's Farewell as a minor SkyClan apprentice who is noted to not be on good terms with Hawkpaw.
- Character Development: Implied. Hawkpaw mentions that she acts superior to the other apprentices despite being one herself, and notes that she becomes more kind and humble after he rescues her from a fire.
- Happily Married: Pretty quickly gets together with Hawkwing once they become close friends.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Suffers a minor one when her mentor, Billystorm, dies.
- Jerkass: Implied. Hawkpaw notes that, "(s)he struts around like she's so great, when she's just an apprentice like the rest of us." However, we never really see it as she doesn't get decent screentime until after Hawkpaw rescues her from a fire and Character Development kicks in.
- Missing Mom: Inverted. It's implied that she is the mother of Violetpaw and Twigpaw.
- Kissing Cousins:With Hawkwing. The specifics are:Cherrytail and Sparrowpelt are siblings, and Pebbleshine is Sparrowpelt's kit, while Hawkwing is Cherrytail's. As usual in Warriors, this is never acknowledged in-universe.
- Rebellious Spirit: She agreed to go with Duskpaw to steal twoleg food even though it was against the rules.
- Rescue Romance: With Hawkwing. While it took Hawkwing a while to fall for her, she began crushing on him after he saved her from a fire.
"You're such a great mentor, Hawkwing. I can't imagine learning so much from any other cat. I need you."Birdwing and Sagenose's daughter, as well as Hawkwing's apprentice. Leaves the Clan to become a kittypet.
- Breaking the Fellowship: Chooses to leave her Clan to become a kittypet after losing faith in StarClan.
- Damsel in Distress: Twice. First when SkyClan is traveling through twolegplace on their way to Barley, Dodge's cats find them and kidnap Curlypaw. Hawkwing has to fight Dodge for him to let Curlypaw go. Hawkwing ends up killing Dodge in the process.
- Then at the fake lake a water bird swoops down and tries to take off with Curlypaw, but Hawkwing manages to fight it off to save his apprentice. Curlypaw lampshades that Hawkwing had just saved her a second time and is very grateful to him.
"Listen to me? A crazy old rogue who sits looking at the moon? No, you must speak to them. More than anything they need a leader to follow, and you can walk that path more easily than I."An elderly tom who lived in the gorge. Most local cats initially beleived him to be strange and made fun of him, but it turned out that he had simply been following the ways of the old SkyClan. He joined the new Clan but died shortly afterward; he gave the Power of Three prophecy to Firestar the day of his death.
- Expy: His temperament is very much like that of Yellowfang. Firestar and Sandstorm both pick up on this and comment on it.
- In-Series Nickname: Called "Moony" by the other cats around the gorge.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's bitter and distrustful due to how the other cats treat him, but he's a nice guy deep down inside.
- Last of His Kind/Living Relic: Before SkyClan's rebuilding, he was the only cat descended from the old Clan that still tried to live a life following the warrior code - in fact, he was the only cat in the area that even knew about the Clan.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: For the longest time, the other cats near the gorge only called him "Moony".
- What the Hell, Hero?: Calls Firestar out for trying to leave the gorge without making amends by rebuilding SkyClan.
"Leafstar was impressed with Clovertail's soothing words. She remembered what the she-cat had been like when she first joined SkyClan—lazy, spoiled, and selfish, and interested in Clan life only for the protection it offered herself and her kits. But since then she had become like a mother to all the cats, always ready with comfort and advice. She would never be a great hunter or fighter, but she kept the nursery clean and well-ordered."Clovertail, along with her three kits, is one of the first cats to join modern SkyClan. Although eager to join the Clan for protection, she is reluctant to learn to hunt and fight in order to protect the rest of her Clan, though she does come around eventually. She later has two more kits with Patchfoot. Like Daisy and Ferncloud, she stays in the nursery as a permanent queen.
- Action Girl: Somewhat of an aversion, at least in this series; although she eventually learns hunting and fighting, she prefers to stay in the nursery and help queens raise their kits.
- Damsel in Distress: When Firestar and Sandstorm first meet her and her kits, they're being attacked by a fox.
- Lazy Bum: Right after she joins the Clan. She only joined so that her kits would be protected, because she didn't think she could keep them safe by herself. She changes her mind after she saves Bouncekit from drowning.
- Mama Bear: Comes to believe in her own worth after she fearlessly saves her son from drowning. In SkyClan's Destiny Leafstar observes that Clovertail has become like a mother to all the Clan.
"I thought I could do it, but I can't. Living as a Clan cat is making me something I don't want to be- fierce and wild and unwelcome among Twolegs. I'm honored that you think I'm good enough to be a warrior, but it's not something that I want. Not anymore."A daylight-warrior in SkyClan's Destiny, Snookpaw trained with SkyClan, but after receiving his warrior name, ultimately decided that kittypet life was the best lifestyle for him.
- Put on a Bus: Leaves partway through SkyClan's Destiny, and isn't seen or heard from again, even in future books.
See the "Kittypets" folder on Warrior Cats Others.
SkyClan and the Stranger spoilers: See the "Rogues" folder on Warrior Cats Others.