open/close all folders
The Kabuto Family
Voiced by: Kenji Akabane (JPN), Héctor Rocha (Latin-American Spanish)
- The Ace: From the perspective of every other Humongous Mecha pilot in the series.
- The Hero
- Hot-Blooded: Like every Mazinger pilot ever.
- Hot-Blooded Sideburns: Durrr...
- Idiot Hero
Voiced by: Ayumi Fujimura (JPN), Jahel Morga (Latin-American Spanish)
- Puppy Love: With Lorelei.
- Robosexual: Lorelei was a Robot Girl.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Lorelei, a Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter Robot Girl. It ends up in tears.
- Wise Beyond His Years
Voiced by: Yasuaki Suzuki (JPN), Jesse Conde (Latin-American Spanish)
The Photonic Power Laboratory
Voiced by: Hiroshi Naka (JPN), Alan René Bressant (Latin-American Spanish)
Voiced by: Youko Honda
The Three Professors
Voiced by: Kiyohito Yoshikai (Sewashi), Hideki Nakanishi (Morimori), Hiroaki Ishikawa (Nossori) (JPN); Gerardo Alonso, Daniel Lacy and José Camacho (Sewashi, Morimori and Nossori, Latin-American Spanish)
The Kurogane House
Voiced by: Miyuki Ichijo (JPN), Yolanda Vidal (Latin-American Spanish)
Voiced by: Masayuki Kato (JPN), Gerardo Alonso (Latin-American Spanish)
- Action Bomb: Pretty much his secret weapon.
- Covert Pervert
- The Lancer: To Sensei.
- Why Am I Ticking?: Averted; he knows he has a bomb in his stomach.
Voiced by: Tessho Genda (JPN), José Alfredo Camacho (Latin-American Spanish)
- The Big Guy
- Everything's Cuter with Kittens: Allows a cat to rest on his head while he sweeps.
- The Quiet One: The other one.
- Robotic Reveal
Voiced by: Yutaka Aoyama (JPN), Héctor Rocha (Latin-American Spanish)
- BFG: And it can shoot an ice round too!
- Clean Up Crew: Intercepts the 'guests' who have a vendetta against any of the five.
- Cold Sniper
- Cool Car: An old van that detaches the back and dumps out the unwanted 'guests'.
- The Smart Guy
Voiced by: Seiko Tomoe
Dr. Hell's Army
Voiced by: Kazuhiko Kishino (JPN), Gerardo Alonso (Latin-American Spanish)
- Amazing Technicolor Population: And no, it is never explained why he turns blue between the expedition and the present.
- Bad Boss: For a super robot big bad this is pretty much averted. When a subordinate admits to failing or making a mistake he seems to be pretty patient for a while. Unlike the original, though, he manages to get through an entire series without berating Ashura.
- Big Bad
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- Obviously Evil: To the point that Tsubasa picked up on his plans for world domination early on in the Bardos Expedition.
- Statingthe Simple Solution: In the Saint-ism LP of Super Robot Wars Z2: Saisei-Hen Scenario 47Dr. Hell: …You can come out now.
Gestalt: Your obsession with Photon Power is…amusing.
Dr. Hell: This King of Hell isn’t enough to fight the Ba’al with…only with Photon Power can we survive!
Sayuri: Do you think those three clowns will even succeed?
Dr. Hell: They will live up to my expectations! I have high hopes for Baron Ashura.
Gestalt: And why the elaborate call for a showdown? If you wanted the Photon Power so badly, you could’ve taken the Photon Labs while ZEXIS were dealing with Insalaum!
Dr. Hell: You fools could never hope to understand my plans!
Sayuri: Perhaps. In any case good luck (not!) for the battle.
Gestalt: You might need it more than you think! Mwahaha!
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Subverted, His idea of saving the world from the Mycenae Empire is to conquer it first and rule it with an iron fist.
- However, Dr. Hell's acquisition of the Knowledge in Saisei-Hen allowed him to discover the location of the sunken Bardos Island begin plumbing its depths for the secrets of the Mycenae Empire. His goal is ultimately to conquer the world and unite it under his rule, in order to utilize all of mankind's means together to fight the enemy.
- Villain Team-Up: Works with the Gishin Empire in Super Robot Wars Z2.
Voiced by: Koya Ishitobi (male) and Kaori Yamagata (female) (JPN); Adriana Casas (both, Latin-American Spanish)
- The Dragon
- Dragon with an Agenda: After The Reveal that Dr. Hell dissolved the other halves of Tristan and Isoulde. After Dr. Hell is dead in Saisei-Hen, Ashura meets Gaiou again. S/he calls him by his former name ("Dimensional General") and says that s/he is now Ashura and not Triston/Isolde. S/he then goes off to prepare for the coming fight with Baal, which s/he thinks Gaiou will be taking part of but Gaiou has other ideas.
- Driven to Suicide: With a twist.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Dr Hell took some precautions to ensure that Ashura would't kill itself. Specifically to prevent it from freeing the Mycenae Empire.
- Thanatos Gambit: In the final episode, it kills itself to free the Mycenae Empire.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Between being constantly tortured for it's failures, having to watch it's mechanical beasts (actually Mycenae Soldiers) die, watching it's whole civilization being destroyed, finding out that it was betrayed by the man it pledged loyalty to and seeing that it's current freakish appearance was due to the doctor having a weird diabolical moment, and being verbally abused by both sides, you'd feel sorry for it too after a while. Still doesn't excuse it being an evil mass-murdering henchmen and possibly instigating the Mycenae Empire Invasion at the end though (and it's past lives are nothing to sing about either, considering which side they were on).
Voiced by: Minoru Inaba (JPN), José Alfredo Camacho and Salvador Reyes (Latin-American Spanish)
- Action Bomb: His doppelgangers can self destruct.
- Dirty Old Man: There's a very funny scene in Scenario 47 of Saisei-Hen. If you attack Count Brocken with a woman, he'll make a comment about opening their (the mecha's) cockpits to see the beauties inside, and suddenly, a lot of ZEXIS girls will start calling him names, like Womanizer, Pervert, Weirdo. Kallen even wanted to treat Brocken's head like a soccer ball. Brocken was surprised at these reactions to his statement.Brocken: Geh-heh-heh, that one's piloted by a girl, huh?
Brocken: Punishing you is gonna be SO MUCH FUN. First I'll peel off the cockpit armor, and then...
Lunamaria: Enemy of womankind!
Marguerite: Lewd men such as you deserve little mercy!
Aoi: You're the one who's gonna be punished!
Sylvia: Prepare yourself, Count Pervert!
Kallen: I'm gonna play soccer with your head!
Sara: No, no, I'm going to turn it upside down and use it as a flowerpot!
Yoko: I could use it for target practice...
Noin: No, I'll feed it to my dog.
Sumeragi: I hereby authorize all of you to carry out those actions.
Brocken: Wha-WHAT?! I haven't even done anything yet!
- Doppelgänger Attack
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: He is an undead decapitated cyborg Nazi... and a soccer ball.
- Those Wacky Nazis
Voiced by: Kenichi Mochizuki (JPN), Alan René Bressant (Latin-American Spanish)
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Captain Ethnic (pygmy shaman)
- Evil Genius: Of the magic type.
- Eye Scream: Gouged his eyes to rescue Ashura.
- Pet the Dog: Comforts Ashura after Doctor Hell punishes it for a series of failures.
- Scary Black Man: At least the look he usually has is pretty cool.
- Squishy Wizard: Once his fake body is lost his true form gets smacked aside by Shiro.
- Walking Spoiler. So we can't put anything here because of that. Sorry!
Voiced by: Masaki Yajima (JPN), Gerardo Alonso (Latin-American Spanish)
- Badass: Took out Hades with one arm.
- Calling Your Attacks: ROCKET PUNCH! See below for details.
- God Is Good
- I Have Many Names: Among them being "Z Mazinger."
- Light Is Good: He is called the "God of Light."
- Rocket Punch: He doesn't have a built-in one, so he does the next best thing: throwing his severed arm straight into Hades's face! And that is what defeats him!
Voiced by: Kenji Utsumi (JPN), Salvador Reyes (Latin-American Spanish)
- Dark Is Evil
- Everybody Hates Hades: Like his basis, he is God of the Underworld.
- Flaming Sword: He has been seen Dual Wielding 2 that appear to be made of fire.
- Greater Scope Villain: He's pretty much the leader of the Mycenae, the civilization Dr. Hell wants to take over the world to stop from returning.
- Posthumous Character: Killed off in the ancient times.
- Obviously Evil
- Playing with Fire
- We Will Meet Again: Claims that someday, he'll be revived as the Emperor of Darkness.
Voiced by: Kiyohito Yoshikai (JPN), Gerardo Alonso (Latin-American Spanish)
- Badass: He didn't get his title for nothing.
- Fusion Dance: Inverted; he's proof that Mechanical Beasts Garada and Doublas were originally one being.
- Red Baron: He is called "The Mycenae's Hero."
Voiced by: Kiyoyuki Yanada (JPN), Salvador Reyes (Latin-American Spanish)
Great General of Darkness
Voiced by: Shozo Iizuka (Super Robot Wars BX)
- The Voiceless: Doesn't make a peep during his one appearance in the show.
Voiced by: Kenichiro Matsuge (JPN), Alan René Bressant (Latin-American Spanish)
- Joke Character: Boss Borot.
- Lethal Joke Character: He does some serious damage to Mechanical Beast Baron Ashura during his debut.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Lampshaded via Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- Plot Armor: Lampshaded. He knows he's an immortal joke character.
Voiced by: Atsushi Imaruoka (JPN), Gerardo Alonso (Latin-American Spanish)
- Audience Surrogate: Shades of it at first.
- Badass: Cemented when he's surrounded by about twenty of Ashura's goons in episode 8. Next we see them they've all been clobbered. Without Kikunosuke either.
- Butt Monkey:
- Cargo Ship: He loves Gamias due to being blonde and having interesting assets.
- Covert Pervert: With Shiro and Yasu in episode 10.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Shiro.
- Odd Couple: Again with Shiro.
Voiced by: Saki FujitaDr. Heinrich's daughter and Shiro's love interest.
- Hair Decorations
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter
- Non Human Lover Reveal
- Puppy Love: With Shirou.
- Robot Girl
- Robotic Reveal
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Shiro.
Voiced by: Fumihiro Awano (JPN), Daniel Lacy (Latin-American Spanish)
- The Ace
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Posthumous Character: Though the 1st episode hints that this may not be the case.