Characters: Nobunaga The Fool
Characters appearing in Nobunaga The Fool
open/close all folders
The first son of Oda Nobuhide and thus, the next lord of Owari. His brash and carefree attitude caused his father and the clan's retainers to dislike him and nicknamed him "the fool". However, behind his chaotic nature, Nobunaga was a highly intelligent man with boundless ambition and great strength and courage to back it up.
Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc/Mori Ranmaru
A young woman from the Western Planet who frequently dreamed of a woman being burned at stake and was ridiculed for it. When Leonardo da Vinci offered her a chance to find out what destiny has in store for her, Jeanne took a leap of faith and traveled with the genius inventor to Eastern Planet. There, she met Oda Nobunaga whom she reluctantly served under the guise of a man.
Totoyomi Hideyoshi / Son Goku
Leonardo da Vinci
- Arranged Marriage: To Caesar, so they can seal a truce between his side and the Oda Clan.
- Big Brother Worship: She adores her brother, and recognizes his hidden potential.
- Composite Character: Appears to be based on Oichi, Nobunaga's little sister, and Nouhime, his wife.
- Flower in Her Hair: She has several combs decorated with flowers.
- Implied Love Interest: She appears to return Mitsuhide's interest in her.
- Love Triangle: Both Mitsuhide and Caesar fall in love with her, and it appears she feels something for each of them in return.
- Naginatas Are Feminine: As appropriate for a warlord's daughter, she carries one while preparing to defend her clan.
- The Narrator: She serves as this on occasion.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: In contrast to the other, rougher heroines in the series.
- Rapunzel Hair: Nearly to her knees.
- Reincarnation: She was Oda's little sister in her past life and this one.
- Silk Hiding Steel: She seems gentle and kind, but she reveals an iron will and sharp political instincts when necessary.
- Together in Death: With Caesar.
- Undying Loyalty: To her older brother of course.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: To the core. She is a true daughter of a noble warlord, elegant and soft-spoken much of the time but revealing a keen insight and will of iron when necessary. She supports her clan without a second thought, accepting an Arranged Marriage by threatening to kill her betrothed if he crosses her clan. When the castle comes under siege, she prepares to defend the castle with Naginata in hands.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Yanaka
Voiced by: Yasuhiro Mamiya
Voiced by: Shinobu Matsumoto
Voiced by: Hiroki Nanami
Voiced by: Keisuke Oda
- Big Bad: The ruler of the Western Planet, with his sights set on conquering the East.
- Cool Sword: Well, of course.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: He's surrounded by Christian themes and imagery, and clearly not the hero he presents himself as.
- The Faceless: His face is obscured from view by an eerie light. He seems to be able to make himself appear as whatever his target wants to see, appearing as an Ambiguously Brown man to Alexander and a stunning beautiful woman to Caesar. Their reactions, weeping Tears of Joy and swearing undying loyalty, suggest this allows Arthur to influence them.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Appears to Caesar as a maiden with beautiful blue eyes and golden hair, while playing up the innocent image associated with them.
- Purple Eyes: At least when viewed by Alexander.
- Gold and White Are Divine: He plays this up, surrounding himself with such imagery while claiming that he is the Savior King.
- Historical Villain Upgrade: Unlike the legendary Arthur, he's a tyrant that seems to gather psychotic followers.
- In the Hood: His robes include a hood, to help conceal his true appearance.
- Lie to the Beholder: His true form is a decrepit old man, but he shows a different face to each person he allows to see under his mask.
- Light Is Not Good: The only thing visible out of his hood is an extremely bright light.
- Orcus on His Throne: Bonus points for having an actual flying throne.
- Purple Is Powerful: His robes are the color of nobility, signifying his power.
- Vocal Dissonance: He has a very harmonic and soft voice for what can only be presumed to be the series's Evil Overlord.
Gaius Julius Caesar
Marcus Junius Brutus
Nell and Bianchi
Voiced by: Ibuki Kido (Nell) and Haruka Ishida (Bianchi)
- Anti-Villain: Type II, of the Noble Demon variety.
- Badass: To the point where Hideyoshi, Jeanne and Nobunaga touting a total of 5 Regalia are literally no match to him. He is also casually mentioned to be able of conquering the Star of the West had it not been for King Arthur.
- The Dragon
- The Dreaded: His sheer power is able to make not just Kenshin, but even Nobunaga to hesitate.
- Drop the Hammer: Capable of reducing entire valleys to dust in a single blow.
- Noble Demon
- Person of Mass Destruction: To a completely absurd degree.
- He-Man Woman Hater: His track record with women so far is.....poor.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Kills Hannibal after says she going to flay Jeanne alive.
- In the Back: Stabs Hannibal in the back, when she is proclaiming that she will "flay [Jeanne] alive..", saying that he cannot allow that to happen.
Voiced by: Takahiro Fujiwara
- BFG: His Giant War Armor can be described as a giant armoured cannon
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Is killed by Kenshin four minutes into episode 18 as he was ravaging the Takeda lands.