open/close all folders
Played by Speedchesser.Elisare's one of the students who used to live in former-Europe, but was sent away after her sister was killed. She has a little brother she takes care of. Specialises in pyromancy and uses red paint. In Gold Paint Class.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Her brother tends to be this.
- Berserk Button: She seems to really, really hate pointless suffering and death.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father is enrolled in the five continent war.
- Emotionless Girl: She almost never acts on emotion aside from when her Berserk Button gets pushed, and never on positive emotion.
- Ineffectual Loner: Her detached, easily bored attitude makes her fairly unpopular.
- Playing with Fire
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted. She's rather cold but not a bad person.
- Scars Are Forever: Has various small scars from being caught in an explosion.
Played by Savato.A studios former scientist, he was sprayed with chemicals after an earthquake and lost his memory, and its been revealed he had quite a past before he lost his memories. He was once a member of the Nebulous Evil Organization Esoterica, son of Gridmor Scius, and relative of Mobius Blackmore. He was killed off by Qord on the second day. Posthumously, it was revealed he had a Gem of Might inside of himself, and that he had ran away and betrayed Esoterica, hence Qord's slaying of him. Perhaps related to his loss of memories. Uses Mentalism as his main magic and has light blue paint. Before his Amnesia, he was more of a Magic Knight, and apparently used Shock and Awe of some sort.
- Altum Videtur: His name is Marcus The Knowing in Latin.
- Amnesiac Hero: He is really one of Mobius' old Co-Dragons.
- Ax-Crazy / Blood Knight: His old personality. Oh so much...
- Defector from Decadence: Defected from Esoterica...but it cost him his life.
- Improbable Age: He's seventeen but used to have a job as a scientist.
- Really 700 Years Old: Hinted at. He looked the exact same in Leonard's recent flashbacks, and he had a Gem of Might in him...could he have been a more self aware Rukavi?
- In the Blood: Being a candidate to have Mobius' soul Reincarnated into him. Gridmor was simply too "withered".
- Killed Off for Real
- Long-Lost Relative: He is a long lost relative to the freaking Bigger Bad.
- The Mentally Disturbed: His old personality shows signs of, perhaps, Schizotypal Personality Disorder, having a...bizarre personality and different thought patterns.
- Though given he was in Esoterica, a group that prides themselves on being able to kill things, its most likely he had a lot more than telepathy...
- Confirmed. He uses basically hyper-destructive lightning bolts in conjunction with swings of some sort of bladed weapon.
- Seeker Archetype: Wants to know about everything. Perhaps caused by The Gem of Might, as it encourages negative personality traits, including desire and greed.
- The Quiet One
- The Smart Guy: Intelligent, grade-grubbing, but also physically weak and non-confrontational. At least after he lost his memories.
- Walking Spoiler
Played by whizzerd.A young man who grew up with animals and a housesitter for company since his parents were always working. He learned his father died before his second year of school. Can communicate and control animals and uses dark green paint. In Gold Paint class.
- Altum Videtur: Mundane example- some of his spells require him to recite the Latin names of the animals related to them.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: His encyclopedic knowledge on animals makes for this. He could instantly deduce that Daigo was a vampire and not a human, and that there was something wrong with a bird in their fighting simulation (actually a spy) due to its species not being native to Cairo.
- Bad Powers, Good People: He gets possessed by Albia's Chaos creatures.
- The Beast Master
- Berserk Button: Unsurprisingly, hurting animals.
- Break the Cutie: Let's just say Makimura did a number on him, and leave it at that.
- The Dreaded: Makimura (and the Guard in general) are this to him.
- Green Eyes: Signifying the natural essence of his magic and of his upbringing.
- Hard Light: He can summon light and form it into weapons and such based on animals.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.
- Hopeless with Tech: Type 2.
- I'm Having Soul Pains: The mere presence of Chaos causes aches that only worsen once it's actually used.
- Power-Strain Blackout: And using it too much has its toll on him.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Talks to animals, likes to paint and draw in his spare time, and tends to wear his heart on his sleeve.
- Memento MacGuffin: Carries around a vial of yellow paint from his dead father.
- My Greatest Failure: Something happened in his past that caused him to become more passive in the present."I'm fine. I'm fine. I didn't kill them. I didn't mean to kill anything."
- Nice Guy
- Power Limiter: The armband that Fantasia gave him to counteract the Chaos magic.
- Only Child Syndrome
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Becoming hostile and confrontational to Amber after his run-in with Makimura, before he goes back to normal after she shocks him.
- Parental Neglect: Due to both of them having jobs with long hours.
- Powers via Possession: How his Chaos is ending up.
- Possession Burnout: If he resists it.
- Sanity Slippage: not as drastic as Alex', but the vibes are all there. And what's worse, he has creatures bound to him that act on his subconscious wishes.
- Shirtless Scene: Twice, both with Amber around.
- Speaks Fluent Animal
- Unskilled, but Strong: He's got powerful magic, but often forgets what runes to draw.
- Weapon of Choice: While not his choice, the caterpillar Chaos comes out the most.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: His mental state has been steadily deteriorating due to being possessed by Chaos.
Played by Replica.Taurin lived in former-Europe and was involved in an accident that killed his father and brother and left the status of his mother and nearly all other siblings unknown. He then lived on the streets until his sister got him into the academy. Can summon animals of the zodiac, and uses brown paint. In Gold Paint class.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one after he lost his eye in an accident.
- In the Hood: Wears a dark grey hoodie.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Has twelve siblings, one of which he's not aware of and one confirmed dead.
- Missing Mom
- Street Urchin: Before joining the academy.
- Summon Magic
- Western Zodiac: The twelve summons he is generally capable of.
- A Load of Bull: His preferred animal.
- Hard Light: Although not his speciality, he can also summon spheres of hard light through named spells "Expedient Light" individually and "Radiant Storm" which represent the stars of the zodiac where his speciality summons reflect the figures. Mainly used in combat situations, as where his normal summons are activated with very complex runes, these are activated with shouting.
Played by ReplicaGemina, one of Taurin's many siblings, lived in former-Europe and was involved in the same accident that separated their family, herself escaping alone. She lived on the streets and travelled around until she came to the academy to improve her skills and see if any of her family had decided to do the same, arriving when the school had already started by flying into it and enrolling thanks to procedure on students with siblings.
- Duality Motif: Her heterochromia, with light blue and hazel, reflecting the twin aspect of her Gemini Zodiac.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Has twelve siblings, one of which she's not aware of and one confirmed dead.
- Missing Mom
- Street Urchin: Before joining the academy.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears one, in both her normal form and in all her combined Zodiac forms.
- Equippable Ally: Her magic.
Samantha 'Sammy' Taylor
Played by A Crack In Time.A former-Europe child that lost her parents to an explosion and childbirth, and enrolled in the academy to escape the war. Is telekinetic and uses magenta paint. Class currently unknown.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Her exploration of the tower.
- Killed Off for Real: Possibly.
- Mind over Matter
- One Steve Limit: Averted; she has the same last name but isn't related to Zavi.
- Plucky Girl
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Gretchen's Blue.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a scar on her face from getting hit by debris.
Played by Nick The Swing.A mischievous but good-hearted rich boy. Was going to be used by his parents to bring forth a magical event, but left and stayed with other relatives until he came to the school. Can use Dark Summoning Magic and black lightning, and uses pitch black paint. In Green Paint class.
- Abusive Parents: They viewed him as more a means to an end rather than an actual son. They even turned him into a living spy camera.
- The Aloner: In the three weeks, he's spent decreasing amounts of time with his friends or even his club, instead trusting Daigo to take care of the club.
- Aloof Rich Kid
- Dark Is Not Evil: His magic type and paint are dark, but apart from a romantic selfish streak he's a fairly nice young man.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Ever since the reveal about his true nature, which led into his training from hell.
- Hot-Blooded: Sometimes.
- It's Personal: His relationship with his parents, who he personally feels he needs to defeat and "deal with."
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He prefers acting dull but is pretty intelligent.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a small one on his jawline.
- Shock and Awe: Uses black lightning.
- Summon Magic: Can summon dark golems.
- Training from Hell: In three weeks, Reitt has cut off a lot of excess weight, and always seems to be stumbling around from just how intense his training is.
Alexander 'Alex' Solano
Played by Stratofarius, and temporarily by Nick The Swing.A hyperactive, carefree teenager. His father was killed in the former-Europe war, which caused him to snap and kill the invading soldiers. Escaped with his mother and joined the academy afterwards. His main magic is aquamancy and he uses purple paint. In Golden Paint class.
- Ax-Crazy: Comparisons to Lio Shirazumi have been made.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Dragged by the Collar: Did this to Nate when he wanted to investigate the Forbidden Garden.
- Hidden Elf Village: Lived on an island since his parents wanted him to completely stay away from the outside world.
- Nice Guy
- Psychopathic Manchild: When he's really mad or people he likes are endangered.
- Or when S-White puts more information in him than he can handle.
- Sanity Slippage: After he left the Burial Chamber, he went on a downward spiral into horrifying insanity.
- Slasher Smile: A part of the package.
- Youth Is Wasted on the Dumb: Spontaneously decides to go check out the Forbidden Garden.
Played by spiralalg.A cheery lad who escaped from Ireland with his parents before the war and led a fairly normal life after that. Uses enchantment magic and crimson paint. Class currently unknown.
- Constantly Curious
- The Face: Is very much a people person.
- Gibberish of Love: Being generally sociable, he gets notably flustered when in love.
- Oireland: His birthplace. Shows in his slight accent, red hair and freckles.
- Youthful Freckles
Gretchen von Goethe
Played by deathpigeon.An incredibly shy German girl. She lived with her uncle when her parents went to war, but after they were both killed he sent her to the academy and fled to Mexico. A necromancer who uses dark blue paint. In Green Paint class.
- Necromancer: She speaks to the dead rather than raise them.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Always wears them.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Sammy's Red.
- Shrinking Violet
- The Von Trope Family
- What Could Have Been: She was originally going to be an apathetic male.
Xavier 'Zavi' Taylor
Played by Luthen.A quiet American who's had a pretty mundane life. Was sent to school since his parents thought home-schooling would be too difficult. Can transform objects and uses bright lime paint. In Green Paint class.
- But Not Too Foreign: He has some Navajo blood from his grandmother.
- One Steve Limit: Averted; he has the same last name but isn't related to Sammy.
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- The Quiet One
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: His nickname replaces the already cool X with a Z.
Played by Karl Kadaver.A fairly non-descript Pennsylvanian, who lived with his parents until an outburst of icy magic forced them to transfer him to the academy. Is a cryomancer and uses teal paint. In Green Paint class.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- An Ice Person
- Nice Guy
- The Nondescript
- Perpetual Poverty: While not entirely poor, his family did need to scrape together money to get him to the academy.
Played by Bluesunnyday.A Magical Weapon Creator and user of dark red paint. Not much is known about him besides that he lived in Rochester.
- Homemade Inventions: He can customise his wand into other weapons, such as a rapier, pistol or Zweihander.
- In the Hood: Frequently seen with a black hoodie.
- Nice Guy: Is kind and tries to see the best in everyone.
- Stout Strength: Described as slightly chubby, but muscular.
Played by Nicktendonick.The more hot-headed Ignitos twin, she lived with Amber after their mother died until she was granted a scholarship to the school thanks to her sister. Is a pyromancer and uses plain red paint. In Gold Paint class.
- Fiery Redhead
- Gamer Girl: Put some of her clothes in Amber's suitcase to make way for her video games.
- Knife Nut
- Knight in Sour Armour
- Playing with Fire: However pyromancy might not actually be her true specialised magic.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Amber's Blue.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Acts rough but is pretty sweet underneath.
Played by chadderbox1618.A deeply traumatised and rather mean young man. He started to converse with the occult out of the boredom of being home-schooled, but soon summoned two djinn's that killed his family and destroyed his home. Is a fire summoner and uses dark orange paint. In Green Paint class.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- It's All About Me
- Jerkass: Stubborn, short-tempered and only does things for his own benefit. Although he is pretty traumatised.
- Jackass Genie: The djinn's he summons, Iste and Impes. They ask for blood in return for his wish for power and end up killing his family and burning his home.
- Playing with Fire: Though not very talented at it yet.
Played by Nomadic Young Nympth.A French girl who lived with her parents until the war started, where they sent her off to the academy to improve her skills and escape the war. Can use Healing Summoning and has plain blue paint. In Green Paint class.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French
- Healing Hands: Her brand of summoning.
- The Perfectionist: Can sometimes be this.
- The Reliable One: Compassionate to those in need and quick to act if there's an emergency.
Played by Nick The SwingA strange young man who is on Daigo's team in the Sphere-Space games. Nickle has been described as somewhat pretty for a boy, rather quiet and seems respectful. His Magic Type is Powers as Programs, using a number of Disks created by his summon, S-White.
- Bishōnen: every post so far has described him thus.
- The Corrupter: He corrupted Alexander, mainly making use of his priestly demeanor in conjunction with his magic and knowledge of what he was doing.
- The Fundamentalist
- Knight Templar
- Manipulative Bastard: He knows a priestly individual will be trusted, and he makes sure that people around him have the exact mindsets they would need to get him what he wants.
- Moral Sociopathy: Nickle seems to genuinely believe in God and has a devotion to both his faith and Daigo, but in the name of that faith and his allegiance to Daigo, he is utterly remorseless about manipulating and controlling Alexander, and then proceeding to use him like a blunt weapon against those he thinks would be troublesome for Daigo.
- Our Angels Are Different: S-White's true nature, an angelic summon. More in line with the Eldritch Abomination type of angel than a Winged Humanoid.
- Sinister Minister: In training, though he has a number of priestly qualities.
- Summon Magic: He can apparently use "Summoning Discs", the exact extent of this power is not yet known.
- Now, it appears his own summon, S-White, can summon other people out of disks, and some of those have summons of their own. He can also make specific animals with certain functions in mind, including spying and being a lure, making Nickle a possessor of a seriously broken power.
- Light 'em Up: White Flicker and possibly other attacks afforded to S-White.
- Now, it appears his own summon, S-White, can summon other people out of disks, and some of those have summons of their own. He can also make specific animals with certain functions in mind, including spying and being a lure, making Nickle a possessor of a seriously broken power.
- Undying Loyalty: To Daigo, as a member of The Remnant that Daigo leads.
- Villainous Friendship: Has one with Daigo. Oddly for their character types, they both just have a straight up, trusting friendship with one another.
Duke, Albert and Griell
Played by Nick the SwingA trio of former school bullies who's personalities were greatly affected by Qord's murders. Their magic types are currently unknown.
- Cool Mask: Griell wears a steel face mask.
- Evil Albino: Albert.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Albert wears a shirt with one sleeve longer than the other.
- Gang of Bullies: With Duke as the leader.
- Identical Grandson: Their parents have a very similar appearance to them.
- The Igor: Griell has the appearance of one, and the devotion to his leader Duke.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Albert's devotion towards Duke.
- Rummage Sale Reject: All of them dress quite oddly.
- Skunk Stripe: Duke has black hair with a white stripe.
- Yandere: Albert threatens to cut Nyro up if she dares to threaten Duke again.
Leonard Diskenth / ValenthThe adopted son of the Principal of the school, and a rather innocent and naive kid, though one who has seen a lot more bad things than you'd think a kid like him would have seen. He seems to resemble Mobius Blackmore heavily. He dislikes killing, and seems rather withdrawn.
- Anti Anti Christ: The Reincarnation of the most powerful and evil Mage to ever live, Leonard is expected to want to destroy the world in the "Eden Restoration Project". What does he have to say about that? Hell no!!
- Ambiguous Innocence: Despite seeming naive, there are some hints he is knowledgeable in very dark fields, including a magic type that involves ripping out people's souls.
- Amnesiac Hero: He's Mobius without his memories. He's also unquestionably heroic, and is not about to return to killing people for a vague project.
- Amnesiac God: Is there any other way to describe Mobius, other than as a God or Devil?
- Bad Powers, Good People: Leonard is just a shy, quiet little guy who'd like some friends. He uses magic of the Darkness Field (involves summoning wraiths, blasts of dark energy and death spheres), Exaction (Your Soul Is Mine is a good description of this field), and very advanced Runic Magic, in addition to any other abilities his Magical Eye gives him, which based on Mobius, might well include high level killing magic, destruction magic, and other unwholesome magic.
- Berserk Button: Making to hurt Leonard's friends is a good way to make him really, really mad. But no matter what you do, do not do this near trees or an area which could remind him of a forest. Just... don't.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Nice, somewhat easily frightened, and shy most of the time, but should you manage to piss him off, know that he has the highest Tier Accurse Eye out there, and he uses very dangerous magic.
- Cowardly Lion
- Dark Is Not Evil
- First-Person Smartass: Leonard is much more opinionated and snarky when thinking something rather than sharing it.
- Heel–Face Turn: Ultimately, his by all accounts disastrous final reincarnation resulted in the Big Bad becoming amnesiac, and even when confronted with who he truly is, he refuses to become a villain again and stalwartly remains a good guy.
- Horrifying Hero: Not by choice, mind you. Its just that the vast majority of his magic involves doing horrible, nasty things to his enemies. Its what he had to do to survive. It certainly doesn't help being a reborn Mobius.
- Hurting Hero
- Identical Stranger: He resembles Mobius heavily. It might have been a part of why he was adopted, much to Leonard's displeasure.
- The truth is, Leonard really is Mobius' reincarnation. Thus, this trope is not so surprising.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Poor, poor Leonard, nobody with an Accurse Eye can have a normal life. Nor can any reincarnations of Evil Magic Using Physical Gods.
- Our Souls Are Different: One specialty of his is Exaction Magic, a very dangerous magic normally forbidden. It involves taking souls out of people's bodies.
- Leonard himself seems to have a "damaged" Soul, having been stabbed with Excalibur while he was Mobius, and the result of trying to Reincarnate with that damage was completely and totally losing his memories. Well, 99.9 percent of them...
- Reincarnation: He is the next Reincarnation of Mobius, but lost his memories along the way. It is possible the villains want to bring his memories back.
- Replacement Goldfish: He might have been adopted to "replace" Mobius, for some reason, based on the number of Mobius portraits hanging around. Leonard is deeply troubled by this idea.
- Squishy Wizard: Averted. Leonard may prefer long range magical combat, but he is surprisingly muscular and can tear you up in close range.
- Stepford Smiler: With so much horror in his backstory, its rather amazing that he is still able to function. Very recently, more cracks in his facade have been showing.
- Trauma Conga Line
- Unstoppable Rage: It happens, usually when reminded of a certain incident.
- Upbringing Makes the Hero: Despite having a horrible backstory and upbringing, what ultimately made him reject the logic of his prior self was that he saw how bad it was for people caught up in war.
- Wave Motion Gun: Roar of the Demon Dragon, possibly one of his strongest spells.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He is very grateful to his dad for rescuing him, so he is in return very faithful and a part of his motivation is making his father proud.
Played by Musik MaestroA young boy who grew up in the Antarctic, Nathan doesn't really know who to act in front of others, and often asks question that surprise others. He doesn't know about much modern appliances. His paint colour is ice blue.
- An Ice Person: He's a Cryomancer.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: His sister Jenna, according to Word of God.
- Now that she's actually appeared, it's pretty clear she less annoying and more incredibly violent.
- Comically Missing the Point: Far too often.
- Dissonant Serenity: He tries to keep calm in all situations to avoid losing control of his magic, and sometimes, it seems a bit out of place.
- Ditzy Genius: He was taught a lot of science by his father, and was able to pull off Cryomancy from a very young age. However, due to his lack of knowledge of the world, his questions and actions can often make him come across a bit stupid.
- Doing Research: Pretty much right after he realises that there's a chance that Mobius is reincarnating, he heads straight to the library to read up on him, much to the librarians annoyance
- In the Hood: Has a hood on his robes, but it isn't really used unless it gets really cold.
- Ship Tease: Between him and Fantasia, when she breaks into his room. A lot.
- The Dreaded: After their encounter in the cafeteria, in which Nathan nearly lost control, Ein Woe has become this for him, going so far as to make him paranoid of anyone who shares traits with the clown.
- Turns Red: While normally a weak, but focused Cryomancer, if he gets scared or worried, he losses all traces of focus, and his magic goes haywire.
- Weak, but Skilled: He knows very little spells, but he's practiced the ones he does know so much that he pulls them off flawlessly. Of course, when he Turns Red, it's the inverse.
- Example: Using a basic freezing spell, he freezes two jets of water coming out of a spray nozzle, effectively turning the bottle and the frozen jets into swords. And then dual wields them. Against a DRAGON.
Played by Musik MaestroNathan's younger sister, Jenna's magic manifested a year earlier than usual after she was ruthlessly bullied by students in a normal school for having Magic heritage. While in the family bunker, she went a bit stir crazy, and thus is unable to properly judge character. She also has literally no personal loyalty to anyone either. Her paint colour is a muted red. Not that you'd know, as she prefers to use magical guns than Cyromancy.
- Boisterous Brusier: She seems to be one, loving to fight and always mocking people, but in truth, she has almost no experience fighting, and often gets her ass kicked.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Jenna just can't catch a break. She's lost pretty much every fight she's gotten into, and she was put in a magic induced coma on her first day.
- Establishing Character Moment: When she attacks Nathan at their reunion.
- Jerkass: Its difficult to sympathize with her being a Butt-Monkey when she manages to be incredibly mean to the most sympathetic of the Elite Guard.
- Too Dumb to Live: If Mystletain hadn't intervened, her tenure at the Academy would've been short, brutal, and ending in a trip home in a body bag. That is how stupid a move inciting Jaevan to violence was.
Mikami OudoA Half-Japanese young man with strange mannerisms, he was almost expelled the prior year for curbstomping a group of opponents almost to death. He made his entrance this year returning to the Academy for as of yet unknown reasons nor were any explanations given as to why he was allowed back. He appears to have a thing for Nietzche, and hit on Jenna as soon as he arrived. Since then, he did...something...to the Bully Three. Not much is known about his Magic, nor its limits.
- Compelling Voice: It would appear this is one facet of it. He merely has to vocalize his desires, and what he says, happens. Possibly amplified to Reality Warper level, given he was able to command the Reylus Siblings without them even knowing it.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He seems to specialize in these. He fought a whole gang of other guys, and he was the one sent away for it.
- Genius Bruiser: Built like a bodybuilder...and reading Thus Spake Zarathustra as he arrives.
- Reality Warper: Via Compelling Voice. He gives commands to reality. And it obeys him. Most of the time.
Dex AnthemA violent young man who seems to have a short, skinny appearance that belies positively monstrous power, Dex is one of the strongest students at the Academy. His magic is called "Redirective Shield". Dex seems to enjoy a good fight.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Very, very cocky when it comes to his powers.
- Blood Knight: Enjoys a good fight, irregardless of whether his opponent's having the same kind of fun or not.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: When you can make every punch you give have force well over 10000 tonnes with no risk on your own hand, you don't need to be very physically imposing.
- Deflector Shields: What his power boils down to. He has a lot of shields that cover his person, which can alter, shift, deform or redirect anything that comes into contact with them. He can keep them about his person, or disperse them for a wider A.O.E.
- Chunky Updraft: Stomping the ground, for him, can cause the ground to explode in the opponent's general direction, resulting in shrapnel.
- Making a Splash: He can alter water and turn it into a storm of monomolecular blades, or make it all incredibly hot, enough to boil you to death.
- Megaton Punch
- No Kill Like Overkill: His favored methods of final blows are all overly grotesque, gory finishing moves in the style of Mortal Kombat. One of his favorites is tapping your spine and making it shoot out through your head.
- Shock and Awe: By dispersing his shields, he can grab the energy in car batteries and such and fire it at you.
- Stuff Blowing Up: He can even make things like trees and large rocks explode by playing around with physics and the technicalities of certain rare events.
- Squishy Wizard: He's still a scrawny kid...who can do incredibly nasty things to you at a touch.
- What Measure Is A Nonhuman: He doesn't think magic experiments developed for the purpose of fighting are real...which makes one wonder how he views himself, being that he is one such experiment.
McKenzie 'Ken' Sarling
Played by whizzerdA young Scottish man who joined the Academy two days later than everyone else due to his plane being grounded from volcanic explosions. He can control plants and his paint colour is moss green.
- Berserk Button: Getting in his personal space without his permission has a tendency to set him off.
- Black and White Morality: Due to the way he was raised, he's grown up with this mentality fully in play.
- Boisterous Bruiser: While not as loud as most, he's always up for fighting and can be a bit rough to people not used to his tough demeanor.
- Green Thumb: Magic of choice is agrokinesis.
- Pretty Boy: Has a rather feminine appearance, which he uses to his advantage to throw off opponents.
- Scotland: His birthplace. It actually has an influence on his magic, as people of the Highlands focus more on the innate power within oneself rather than trying to control and direct that magic through wands and runes.
- Transsexual: Female-to-Male.
- Weapon of Choice: A sgian-dubh that he lends to Amanda. He carries a makeshift wooden spear with him afterwards.
- Unskilled, but Strong
Adam WalkerA strange teenager who has a strangely bipolar demeanor to him caused by his magic, Empathic Make. While he seems nice and friendly, there are hints in his introduction that might say that he had a rocky history with Nyro Ignitos.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Somewhat. Underneath the happy go lucky boy is a seriously damaged, self-destructive teenager that is possessive and clingy. A product of his upbringing. When your only idea what Love is comes from Ein Woe...
- Companion Cube: Asher's Box, a powerful piece of Magitech. He apparently stole it from the Demons.
- Declaration of Protection: Adam's fondest memory is declaring to some of Angela's minions that he WILL protect Nyro from her. Angela used this to hurt both of them.
- Domestic Abuser: Played With. Everyone who knows him remembers him as "hey, you're that douchebag that stalked, abused, kidnapped and then tried to kill Nyro". Only Matthew was really willing to hear what Adam had to say for himself. It turns out he was not in his right mind.
- Emotion Eater: His Magic processes emotions into magic. When he detects happy emotions, he sings (rather well), laughs and talks in Spanish.
- And when he's forced to fight people like Ein Woe or Angela, their hatred can result in him going a little crazy.
- Mood-Swinger: Due to his powers, his emotions are a rollercoaster ride.
Played by Nicktendonick.More level-headed than her sister Nyro, she looked after the both of them until she was able to get a doctorate and a job at the academy. An inexperienced aquamancer who uses gold blue-lined paint. Class currently unknown.
- Improbable Age: Due to her high intelligence she became a teacher at the age of seventeen.
- Mad Scientist: Occasionally.
- Making a Splash
- Nice Girl: Though she's a bit of a pushover because of it.
- The Smart Guy: Relies more on her brains than magic, and is able to make inventions.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Nyro's Red.
The PrincipalThe rather shady Principal named "Balkius" who has been placed in charge of Magic Academy. He is Leonard's adoptive father, and has actually been established to have been caring toward Leonard. However, when Leonard is not aware of himself, strange, frightening things seem to have happened. Nobody can really know what side he's really on, but its obvious he is incredibly morally questionable.
- Ambiguously Evil: Nobody can tell his real alignment at this time.
- It turns out he is a lot less evil than we previously thought.
- Archnemesis Dad: Leonard starts seeing him this way.
- Dissonant Serenity: He almost never freaks out, regardless of how the kids think they're inconveniencing him.
- Freudian Excuse: He has a dead wife, and wanted to use Leonard's power as Mobius to bring her back.
- Manipulative Bastard
John SmithThis blatant pseudonym named teacher is always clothed in a black trench coat, a fedora, sun glasses, and an entire all black ensemble, making him look like a naturally suspicious type. He seems to be much more dangerous and corrupt than anyone could easily see, and leads an entire class that seems to be composed of Evil Counterparts...and Jenna, as well as the Bully 3.
- Affably Evil: Never voices his inner, more unpleasant thoughts, but always seems polite and restrained. And he definitely planned for it that Jenna would be attacked by Theodore.
- Bastard Understudy: Seems to be trying to cultivate Reitt as his.
- The Corrupter: Towards Reitt. That training plan cannot be healthy. One could argue he might be this for his entire class.
- Dark Is Evil: See all the tropes here, and then see how much black clothing he wears. And the black magic he practices, which is basically an eviler version of Leonard's Shadow Magic.
- Nerves of Steel: A normal sadist teacher would be flustered and angry when Theodore stood on his desk. Smith just took it in stride and even conversed amiably with him.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: One could be mistaken for thinking Smith has something racial against the Reid kids, but it does seem he honestly hates people who don't meet his intellectual requirements.
- Sadist Teacher: Sent a sociopathic Super Speed user to harass one of his students for being late.
QordA menacing criminal who manages to break out of El-Habir. He uses a mole in the school to infiltrate it. He specialises in Portal magic.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lost an arm at some point.
- Beard of Evil: Sports a goatee.
- Big Bad: An interesting case, in that it looks like Mobius might have been the Bigger Bad, but Qord was the reason he was the Bigger Bad, despite being quite content serving Mobius.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: Twice he scrawls ominous messages in blood.
- Cynicism Catalyst: He would not have been nearly as evil if it was not for the loss of his loved ones.
- Freudian Excuse: He cannot forget anything. He remembers his wife's death, his sister's death, and his son's death in perfect clarity. Even millions of years later, due to his bizarre immortality "curse". There is also the fact he was sealed in a cube, where he was left alone, in absolute silence, for an incredibly long amount of time.
- Gratuitous French: Qord peppers his speech with French words.
- Knight of Cerebus: His appearance marks the brutal deaths of two students.
- Limp and Livid: His constant posture, which goes to show that he's dangerously insane.
- Mad Scientist: He was the one who probably perfected the method that let Mobius become immortal.
- Manipulative Bastard: Even his crappiest act made the Reylus kids do his bidding.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: He believes his unique life cycle has shown him how utterly pointless and droll everyday life is. Hence he "likes making it spicier" and "more interesting" before "the inevitable big kaboom."
- Obfuscating Insanity: His first real appearance had him acting incredibly insane, and not really having the presence to be the murderer. This was, however, a smokescreen, which let him manipulate the Reyluses into taking down his rival villain Rakyo, and then make off with something from the underground lair. Though it should be noted, it does seem he's crazy, though not to the level he showed.
- Satan: Definitely gives off satanic vibes, and Alex even imagines him as looking like the Devil.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He used to be imprisoned in a "Protocol Cube" for his treachery toward the Line of Vonh and Old Atlantis.
- Sinister Scythe: he can create any number of Mana Weapons, but his favorite seems to be a Spear-Scythe hybrid.
- Slasher Smile: Damn does he seem to be unstable...
- The Sociopath: A strange example in that he became this over time, losing his empathy as he became fixated on his loss, what he wanted, and what he wanted the people of Old Atlantis to be doing.
- Super Strength: He's able to pull chunks out of the ground and can take on a whole prison single-handedly.
- Thinking Up Portals: His main spell type
- Villain Team-Up: With Arketor and some other demons, separate from Rakyo's group.
- He has also recently shown himself to be connected to five holograms of apparently rivaling Esoterica Higher Ups.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Qord certainly doesn't like his reincarnative immortality, and eternal memory. It means everything's fresh, as if it just happened.
- Would Hurt a Child
Mobius BlackmoreA terrifying personality, and a dreaded reputation, yet The Ghost, Mobius makes a heavy shadow over the RP and everyone in it. He has had his fingers in almost every pie. He creates deathly magic and constructs, prolongs war and disaster in order to test them, and seems fervently opposed to the idea of dying. Even though the Hero defeated him definitively the prior time, there are plenty of hints that his machinations did not end with his life. Qord, the Arc Big Bad, is an old disciple of his. He helped in the "creation" of Daigo's grandfather, and he made the Gem of Might.
- Affably Evil: He acts very, very much like Leonard, being seemingly unendingly nice, smiling and pleasant, which makes what he does more terrifying.
- All There in the Manual: Mobius has a lot of information that only exists in Word of God and directions.
- Artifact of Doom: He creates these like nobody's business. His most famous probably being the Gem of Might that currently drives the plot.
- Bigger Bad
- Black Magic
- Body Horror: What his Artifact of Doom did to that guy in the book log of a use of the Gem of Might.
- Break the Badass: Mobius and Amber have met. That is all you need to know, in regards to how Amber reacts to his very name.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He is a purveyor of these to absolutely everyone but the Hero of a Million Swords.
- Dark Is Evil
- Demonic Possession / Grand Theft Me: "incarnation" seems to entail this.
- Dissonant Serenity: He...doesn't freak out. Like, ever.
- The Dreaded
- Enemy Summoner: He created numerous horrible things, but most of all, he summons the Rukavi by using human bodies together with his Gem of Might. It should be noted that most Rukavi still have many elements of the original person's personality in their new view point.
- Evil Sorcerer: Mobius is truly the best of them.
- Storybreaker Power: He really is quite stupefying.
- Finger Poke of Doom: Him merely touching a politician visiting Gaza resulted in the guy's whole torso either disintegrating or outright vaporizing.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: We only know the barest amounts of what he wants. His motives have secrets, his secrets contain more secrets still, and even after his death, nobody, not even the Velke, can understand what he hoped to gain from endless war.
- It appears he desires the extinction of humanity by some manner, but there are hints he still has more secrets.
- I Control My Minions Through...:...Kindness and Respect!? Believe it or not, Mobius controls his minions by genuinely being the figure they can all depend on, and helping them out with any and all of their problems. He accepts anyone into Esoterica. Even one guy that was technically infiltrating them to write a book ended up permanently joining!
- Identical Stranger: He and Leonard look very much alike. Their behavior is also very much alike.
- I Have Many Names: He is known by many nicknames based on his reputation. The most used is "The Black Magician."
- Kick the Dog: Did he even really need to do that to the son of one of his enemies when one of his fields of expertise amounts to "Magic Nuke"?
- Man Behind the Man: To almost everyone at this point, to the extent he may well still be the Big Bad, despite being dead.
- Misanthrope Supreme: He hated humanity, for as of yet unknown reasons.
- Nebulous Evil Organization: He leads one of the most massive.
- Obviously Evil: Just by the name alone, Mobius Blackmore is not the name of a very nice person.
- Omnicidal Maniac
- Person of Mass Destruction: To call Mobius a superhuman force would disservice the utter annihilation that him taking the field entails for anything in his way.
- Red Baron: The Ringsmith, The Necromancer Lord, the Black Magician, The Destroyer, the Darksmith, Wraith King, etc...
- Straw Nihilist: On record stating that the human world "is ugly, despoiled and filled with all manner of evil. It would be a great mercy for me to end it."
- Super Empowering: One of his abilities.
- Villainous Friendship: Mobius holds his organization together...by being the very best of friends with every single sociopath, psychopath, and misfit within the Esoterica. And in return, somehow, all of them adore Mobius. When he died the last time, Esoterica went on and decided to try to bring him back, dedicating their operations to this.
- Xanatos Speed Chess and Gambit Roulette: The most convenient explanation for how things are still going as planned despite his demise.
Daigo HiragaA strange, overly cheery vampire who's infiltrated the academy. His main enjoyment seems to come from annoying and toying with others.
- The Charmer: He's quickly able to befriend Alex because of this.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He did not like how Qord murdered those two, and he is also out to destroy the Gem of Might.
- Faux Affably Evil
- Handsome Lech: Some of his comments make him come off as this.
- Healing Factor
- It's All About Me: He gets very bored if he is not the center of attention.
- Knight of Cerebus: His introduction involved him heavily beating up Taurin.
- Manipulative Bastard: He started with Alexander, and then he basically made Nate charge in against him when it was most likely not a smart move by showing him and Nate Taurin's scalp, rolled up and put on a necklace, which he licks.
- Psychotic Smirk: A show that, in the Sphere-Space, Daigo is feeling pretty unfettered.
- The Remnant: His Grandfather was very bad news in his time. Daigo has the loyalties of the vast majority of the children of his grandfather's minions, making him the leader of this in a way.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Has a very odd taste in clothing.
- Shout-Out: He has a lot of Shout-Out's, from abilities, to clothing, and even to the set up of his boss battle, to Dio Brando. He's got Time Stopping powers, he's a blond vampire, he has legions of crazy devoted followers, and his main confidant is a priest who uses a summoned creature that can insert disks into people.
- He may as well be an Expy now, given he summoned out The World.
- Time Master
- Time Stop: The main ability related to this that he shows.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Some of his internal monologues hint towards this as a possible motive. Well, that and seeking fresh sources of Schadenfreude.
MakimuraA strange man with dominion over fear, he has an Accurse Eye called Nodt which can turn fear into energy in the same way as a Yellow Lantern Ring. Notable cruel and sadistic, and very, very eager to serve the Principal's ends, he appeared when Nate dug into the affairs related to animal experimentation out of the fear he might have discovered something far deeper.
- Combat Tentacles: Apparently threads of some sort of fiber that can fly off and either wrap around someone or stab them.
- Dissonant Serenity: His fight with Matthew has him never once showing on iota of fear himself in the face of a very powerful enemy.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: His official backstory has him in New Dawn as just being a scared kid with a Big Brother Bully, and the pushover of the school. Well, until he got Nodt. At which point he scared his brother to death when one of their confrontations seemed to turn more dangerous, at least in Makimura's perspective. He was then sealed up by a corps of Magic Users, and driven mad in isolation, and feeding off of the fear of the surrounding areas. Thus was born Makimura.
- He Knows Too Much: Determined that Nate has found out a little too much about the dark side of the Academy.
- Humanoid Abomination: See I Know What You Fear.
- I Know What You Fear: His power, essentially, boils down to scaring people by exploiting what scares them on a very deeply personal level, and in very disturbing ways. He even uses this to power up, and has gained so much through this that he could be called a Humanoid Abomination.
- Instant Runes: Another method of his attacks, beyond Fricking Laser Beams.
- Knight of Cerebus: The newest one, he really gets the arc going, and setting the feeling that there is a sinister conspiracy going on even in the school.
- Mind Rape: The most common method of using his powers, very nasty illusions and psychological deconstruction.
- Master of Illusion: And what scary illusions they are.
- Wild Card: He doesn't really have any loyalties.
Ein Woe "The Shinigami"
"Hmhmhmhm...such a pity it will be to finally say adieu after such...exhilaration."A man of mystery affiliated with the Elite Guard, he seems to be corresponding certain information to Principal Balkius. Having a dark atmosphere to him, perhaps even moreso than Makimura, he is a mercenary and a hired killer who sells his services rather cheaply, with his kills being most of the "payment". He seems to be closely affiliated with the Principal. He is quite the Monster Clown, being scary to even look at. It is safe to say his personality matches his appearance very well indeed.
- Ax-Crazy: Start at the shockingly low pay for such a skilled killer, the facts about his background, the Driven to Madness, and the sheer number of bodies, and you have this.
- Blood Knight
- Body Horror: His whole body is covered in an utterly disturbing pale white exoskeleton...well, except the right side of face. That side is decorated to look like a clown's face.
- And then there's all the mention of his very flesh and blood being toxic. As mentioned in prior materials, getting Ein Woe's blood on bare skin does some very, very unpleasant things. It causes pustules, rashes and lesions to form, some right over one another, and a slow spreading bone weakening and muscular rot will ensue.
- Giggling Villain: And damn is it creepy.
- Hero Killer: Matthew is very, very cautious when dealing with this bastard.
- Improbable Weapon User: As covered, a scythe. Though, he is very, very good at using it.
- In-Series Nickname: Everything from "The Shinigami", "The Ghostly Duke", and "The Devil's Jester", to less dignified ones, all related to how many people he's slain.
- Intangible Man: He seems to walk right through walls like a ghost. Really increases how creepy this man is.
- Monster Clown: Made even more disturbing because the side of his face that looks like that of a clown is the reasonably human side of his face.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Psycho for Hire: He kills people for money, but his charge is rather small for such a capable hired killer. Mainly because he just likes the kill.
- Psychotic Smirk: His standard facial expression, a rather creepy, bloodthirsty smirk.
- Sinister Scythe: Completes his image as "the Shinigami". It should also be noted that all of the blade is sharp, including the outside, erasing the classical weakness of the scythe.
Lord MystletainThe other mysterious individual associated with Principal Balkius, Lord Mystletain would appear to be a ghost or phantom of some sort, having appeared out of an ectoplasmic mist, and having been inferred to be a watcher. He seems to enjoy administering Secret Tests of Character, and otherwise is more cordial than the other Guards. All the same, there is a very strange, dark feeling surrounding him...
- Affably Evil: If he is evil, then he's definitely this. Always polite, never once seems to become really angry, and even when moderately displeased kept a courteous appearance.
- Ambiguously Evil: Insofar, he has watched Nate and Amber, lied about declassifying a top secret project to test Amber, and talked about what went on.
- Even moreso now that he has defended Nate and Fantasia, and yet also seemingly scanned her over.
- While most can say there is an intimidating and certainly odd air to Mystletain, his latest actions put him even more firmly in this trope.
- Anti-Villain: A mix between type 1 and 3.
- Berserk Button: Staring at him for too long. Also, do not try to pull what Ariman pulled against Nate and Fantasia.
- Creepy Awesome: A ghost with bizarre issues regarding his face, he has shown himself to command a great deal of power and respect. He managed to make a bloodthirsty Ariman back down from taking on Nate and Fantasia. He then defended Nate, Nathan and Fantasia from Ariman by using an ancient spell to nullify one of the strongest spells in said Velke's arsenal. Mystletain can threaten and intimidate a Demi-God.
- Dissonant Serenity
- Even Evil Has Standards: He certainly didn't take to Ariman threatening Nate and Fantasia very well. He took to Ariman trying to kill them even less well.
- The Faceless
- Ghostly Chill: As soon as he appeared, a chill entered the room. It seems to follow him wherever he goes, and provokes a very strong response in Nate.
- Noble Demon
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Mostly corporeal, but that's because he is, specifically, a Wraith, a ghost that became animate through absorbing a metric ton of mana or more. But nothing's simple about Mystletain...
- Secret Test of Character: Almost a hobby to him.
- Villainous Rescue: He teleported right in there to save Nathan, Nate and Fantasia from the brutal Knight Templar Ariman.
The Eight Demon LordsStrange beings who were "returned" at the same time that magic came back. Stuck in a war with the Gods of Light, the Demon Lords do not make a lot of impact, though their servants do. Very rarely seen due to a preference to avoid dealing directly with humans, these beings give off strange, eldritch vibes. Most of the information on them exists solely in Word of God.
- Blue and Orange Morality
- Eldritch Abomination: Alien beings who dislike dealing with humans? Check. Have cults with very, very strong lovecraftian vibes? Check.
- Humanoid Abomination: In the case of Shiryu, Khaos, and Varancain.
- Elite Mooks / Boss in Mook Clothing: The Geig. Which are extremely nasty creatures which are the result of powerful magic users being implanted with a Gem of Might. There are also many of them, and most look the same, which could fool you into thinking they're mere mooks. You would be so horribly, painfully wrong.
- Great Offscreen War: They're fighting one with the Gods of Light. Its part of the reason they're not more active.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Khaos? The High King of Darkness. Silmarul? The Scion of Despair. None of them have really nice nicknames.
SilmarulOut of all of the Demon Lords, this one has the most cultists, the nastiest behavior when dealing with humans directly, and a reputation for scheming, even against his fellow Demon Lords. One account describes Silmarul as "A statuesque man's torso with a woman's body nailed to the front by stakes, her mouth open in an eternal scream, no lower body but the various, chitinous workings of a crab of some sort, twin clothes hanging from betwixt the shoulder armor, craft of human flesh".
- Affably Evil / Faux Affably Evil: Some accounts claim that Silmarul is calm and very polite...even when doing something horrifyingly evil-by-our-standards, or warping some poor sap's body.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Silmarul has a beef with transsexuals. Why? He's angry that changing their gender is all that they're doing.
- Body Horror: He may as well be the god of it.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: He can warp his more combat based minions into deadly Mindflayers.
- Mind Rape: His creations, the Mindflayers, have this ability, mainly to try to break the enemy mentally and physically.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Very possibly. He could be described as taking a perverse glee in the warping of the human body.
KhaosContrasting Silmarul above, Khaos is known as the "Dark King of Justice" and the "High King of Darkness". He very, very rarely deals with humans, preferring to handle his personal problems, mostly involving discovering which of the Dark Gods are planning against their cause, and who created "a certain person". He is still very much involved in his quest to get his love interest back, and rescue the women kidnapped by a certain Zeus figure. While portrayed as surprisingly caring for someone known as a King of Darkness, Khaos is known to be an inattentive God who doesn't talk to his followers much at all. Due to this, he has a bad reputation among humans as being uncaring toward the plights of people who worship him. This really couldn't be further from the truth. While he'd prefer not to make miracles out the wazoo on personal principles, he prefers to "fill his followers with strength."
- Anti-Villain: The only reason he's even in this section is because he gave Blackmore the blueprints of the Gem of Might. Otherwise, he's completely opposed to Qord's agenda, and one could even make the case for him being an Anti-Hero.
- Apologises a Lot: He offers his apologies...a lot, for a deity. A Dark deity at that. Helps that he feels he has a lot to apologize for.
- Bishōnen: Despite being the strongest on paper of the Dark Gods, and having a fearsome reputation in combat, he looks like a complete pretty boy.
- Obviously Evil: Subverted. Black and purple armor with large six spiked shoulders of doom, black energy wings, and a sword with a dragon's head on it, from which the blade emerges, which is prone to igniting with jet black fire explicitly said to be "punishing fire of hell", his domains are Darkness, Destruction and Death itself. And...he's an incredibly friendly, if depressed, fellow. Never judge a book by its cover.
ArketorThe self proclaimed cruelest demon in the world, Arketor is a soft spoken creature, but do not mistake his friendliness for any sort of humanity. He thoroughly enjoys possessing people and driving them to murder. He has a particular love of tormenting the Reylus family, for seemingly no reason at all. Resembling a picasso painting, it might be difficult to take him seriously at first, but hoo boy...
- Affably Evil: Creepily so. Even when reporting how people died at his hand, he never changes his demeanor.
- The Dragon: To Qord, and to whoever he's working with other than the mad mage.
- Demonic Possession: He is the demon doing it. He has done this numerous times, and with a lot of victims, Reitt being his most recent.
- Friendly Enemy: Subverted. He enjoys being cruel to people, and then acting like their best friend as he's doing it, making him even creepier than he already is.
- Hero Killer: He's the murderer, doing it at the behest of Qord. Thus, he's responsible for...holy goddamned shit! That's a massive kill count!
- Shout-Out: He seems to have ribbon like tentacles reminiscent of Riful. His method of emergence as black blood also brings Ragnarok to mind.
- Slasher Smile: A constant fixture on his face.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Very soft spoken, almost like a friend talking about the weather being nice...when he's talking about how fond he is of tormenting a family. All on a whim.
- Torture Technician
- Would Hurt a Child: And brag about it too!
Fantasia Spark and Galaxy
Both played by Nicktendonick.Fantasia is a mysterious and pretty crazy young girl who summoned Galaxy and proceeded to keep him as a familiar. Fantasia specalizes in electric magic and yellow paint while Galaxy uses purple paint and gravity magic.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Galaxy seems to be a mild version whem Fantasia refuses to act her age.
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Crazy Homeless People: Fantasia is not quite there in the head, and doesn't really have a permanent place to stay.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Fantasia.
- Familiar: Galaxy.
- Gravity Master: Galaxy's magic.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Galaxy seems to be The Voiceless to everyone but Fantasia. Appearently, she is the only is the only person who can understand what Galaxy's saying. which you can read if you notice the white
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Fantasia.
- Otaku: Fantasia, especially of magical girl shows.
- Shock and Awe: Fantasia Spark's magic.
Knights of the DefendantAn ensemble of Demi-gods sent to protect the school after Qord manages to sneak in. Five have been named (Ariman, Alzest, Zect, Vector and Chapter) and they seem to be planning something in the shadows, but not much else is known about them.
- Older Than They Look
- Physical Gods
- Rousing Speech: Zect gives one to the students after Qord's infiltration.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Chapter.
The Hero of a Million Swords / Matthew StreikaThis young man has a fearsome reputation, being known even among the Velke for being singularly powerful. He fought Mobius in Mobius' final incarnation, and struck the killing blow. He has a manner of being cool headed, but still very nice to about everyone.
- The Aloner: He is always alone on his quests.
- Anti-Hero: Type II or III. He believes he is doing the right thing, but uses extreme violence and force to accomplish the end of "stopping war".
- Beware the Nice Ones: Matthew is incredibly mild and nice for a guy as big as he is, and fighting one on one is his last resort. That said, its now an even worse idea to fuck with Matthew.
- The Big Guy: Easily the biggest character present, in terms of sheer musculature. To put it into perspective, Matthew is 220 pounds of sheer musculature, at 6 foot, 7 inches tall.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: A trait carried over from his younger self and amplified even further by training.
- Cool Sword: He can make these basically on demand, given what we know of him.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As Matthew Streika, its a given he had a horrid time growing up.
- Destructive Savior
- The Dreaded: To most sides in the war, he is remembered for shutting down their military operations, and making skilled mages and armies look like amateurs in front of him.
- Future Badass
- Hero with Bad Publicity: The persistent destruction of armies is probably not helping his case.
- Hurting Hero
- Known Only by Their Nickname: His real name has not yet been revealed, being referred to only as "The Hero". It was recently revealed he is a grown up, Future Badass version of Matthew Streika.
- Memetic Badass: Matthew is known for two things in the future. Being incredibly badass, to the point that him showing up on a battlefield means that its pretty much over. And being voted three years in a row "the sexiest man in the world".
- Nice Guy: Still evident, given he didn't mind Alexander running into him at all, and has shown a cool, calm and intelligent personality.
- Older and Wiser: I have already written about him once, and this is an older incarnation of this person.
- One-Man Army
- Super Power Lottery: He has really lucked out on this, though it may not seem evident from the description of his power. He can create bladed weapons and manipulate Mana. That's it. Now, what weapons he can create go from the ludicrously high tier like Excalibur and Kladenets, to Magitech Swords made for slaying Eldritch Abomination's. He can create weapons that shoot their elements as a distanced attack, giving him much more elemental variety than most other fighters. He can also create swords floating in the air, which can give him barrage capabilities, insane defenses, and the ability to simply shoot his opponents to death with a rain of swords. He is also pretty much Nigh Invulnerable, and a Lightning Bruiser. Mana Manipulation lets him make humongous blasts of energy, and increase his physical abilities well beyond even their current state.
- The Stoic