Characters: Lighter Than Heir
open/close all folders
Trainees from Steinbech Military Camp
Zeppelin Von Schultheiss
What happens today will determine where my future lies!
Self centered and conceited, Zeppelin's the story's "protagonist" who wants to claim her father's title as her country's greatest hero. Be afraid.
- Berserk Button: Don't compare her to her father.
- Blood Knight: Would rather prefer to fight than calmly solve her problems.
- Heroic BSOD: At times, either due to emotional trauma or shellshock from fighting.
- It's All About Me
- Jerkass: By far the biggest one we've seen in the series.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Due to having a war hero for a father, she sees herself as someone more capable for a job than others.
- Walk on Water: Volants are capable of this due to being buoyant enough not to sink.
- What the Hell, Hero?: When Hertz was about to finish off Grunwald, she attacks him, causing the gun to drop and fire its last round, letting Grunwald escape.
Oh, for god's sake...
Cold and introverted, Hertz is one of Zeppelin's "comrades" she first meets in boot camp, who surprisingly hates her already. What's his problem?
- Big Damn Heroes: Grunwald is about to finish off both Austerlitz and Zeppelin. Cue Hertz firing a shot in his arm with a gun he repaired.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Due to the Von Schultheiss reputation it's hinted that Hertz was viewed as a disappointment.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Gadgeteer Genius: Good at repairing guns. Very important since it's what helps him catch Grunwald off guard.
- The Leader: An impromptu one after the Volant attack.
- The Stoic: The most calm of the group.
: NOBODY ASKED YOU DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE! (Beat
) -inhale- We have to do what we need to or the rest of us will starve before we reach Martino.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Why'd It Have To Be Heights?: Afraid of heights. Played for laughs in training camp, then seriously when having to climb the radio tower.
You can't just hold someone up with just any pistol! You gotta ensure it has the best shot!
Without a proper family or home, Roth is a slick talking con-man who figured joining the military would be an improvement over a life on the streets.
- Berserk Button: Don't make Fleischer cry.
- Big Brother Instinct: Gradually, but best exemplified when he didn't take well to Zeppelin's berating of Fleischer.
- Con Man: His back story. He plays Schultz for his cigars and rum and wins - subverted because he didn't really do anything; Schultz is just a terrible card player.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Was living on the streets for a period of time. In his flash back he's depicted being ganged up by two men and beaten.
- The Big Guy: Of the group.
- Jerkass: Not to Zeppelin's extent.
- Made of Iron: Sort of; he has a prosthetic jaw made out of titanium.
- Satisfied Street Rat
Now, it's been a while but we talked on the bus! Ria Klein? I was the model!
Originally a fashion model, Klein's been molded into quite a fine soldier, while still retaining her sweet and caring attitude.
Oh my gosh! So flippin' stellar!
A rabid fangirl and lover for all things stellar, Fleischer mostly joined the military to be around her idol, Zeppelin. Hopefully she has her own special talents.
- Ditzy Genius: A bit clumsy and accident prone, but is capable of creating and piloting a mech suit.
- Its Pronounced Tropay: In the cast page it states Fleischer is pronounced "FLYSH-er".
We got really close, but you can't live on happiness alone.
Schultz is a former actor, and since joining the military, has become a nervous wreck. He joined the military to provide for him and his girlfriend. At least, that what she was before he ran off without consulting her first.