open/close all folders
Abby Mills: The Good Girl
Played by: Elaine Cassidy
The Sheriff's daughter, Abby's mother was murdered by John Wakefield in the 2001 massacre. Her father sank into a deep depression after this and sent Abby to live with her grandmother in L.A. Seven years later, she returns to Harper's Island to celebrate her best friend Henry's wedding. She is the central motivation for the Wakefield-Dunn killings. Henry betrays his father and mentor in order to fulfill a Childhood Marriage Promise made years before. Did we mention Abby is Henry's half-sister? Well, she is. Abby survives the massacre.
- Action Girl: Of a sort. She does manage to kill Henry after all.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Averted, much to Henry's dismay.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: She made one with Henry. That went well.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her mom (along with several other people) was murdered by John Wakefield in 2001, and her relationships with both her father and boyfriend were (almost) completely destroyed in the process.
- Fake Nationality: Elaine Cassidy is Irish, playing the American Abby Mills.
- Final Girl: Let's see... 25 year old virgin? Check. Pretty young lady? Check. Incorruptible Pure Pureness factor? Check.
- Pinball Protagonist: Despite being the focus of the story, she actually doesn't do much aside from uncovering information and looking shocked at the events happening around her... until the events of the finale, where she kills Henry.
- Sole Survivor: Sort of. She's one of the only four survivors of the massacre.
Henry Dunn: The Groom
Played by: Christopher Gorham
The lucky groom. Henry used to summer on Harper's Island with his family. It was there that he met his future fiancee, Trish Wellington...when cleaning her father's boat. Henry is best friends with Abby, and has beens since they were little. Henry is the son of John Wakefield, and the murderer out of the 25 characters. He is killed by Abby in Episode 13.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With John Wakefield, his dad, until...
- Big Bad: He becomes this after killing his father.
- Brother-Sister Incest Tries to pull this off with Abby. It doesn't really work out for him.
- The Leader: Takes over as the unofficial leader of the group after things really go bad. In reality, he's orchestrating everything with Wakefield.
- Nice Guy: Kidding?
- Killed Off for Real: Kind of a given after he's outed as the killer.
- Walking Spoiler
- Would Hurt a Child: Claims that Madison (as well as her mother) escaping the island "wasn't part of the plan", implying that he would have had no qualms killing her along with every else.
Trish Wellington: The Bride
Played by: Katie Cassidy
The bride of the wedding. She's completely devoted to Henry and proves to be pretty competent when events take a turn for the worse. In Episode 12, she's killed by Henry after he reveals himself as (one of) the killer(s).
- Betty and Veronica: Henry's Betty.
- Blood-Splattered Wedding Dress: When Henry kills her.
- Break the Cutie: After her dad dies.
- Daddy's Girl: She is devoted to her father and is much more upset than Shea when he dies.
- Final Girl: Averted.
- Hidden Depths: She initially appears as a not-so-intelligent rich girl with overly romantic ideals. Turns out she can take care of herself, use a shotgun without much trouble, and is one of the characters who truly take charge in the last act.
- Killed Off for Real
- Missing Mom: Her mother, Vanessa, died several years before the show starts. How is never elaborated on.
- Ms. Fanservice: Doesn't flaunt it around like Chloe does, but it's still there.
- Spoiled Sweet: A genuine sweet person, averting the stereotypes usually brought up with rich characters.
Chloe Carter: The Flirt
Played By: Cameron Richardson
One of Trish's bridesmaids. She is flirty, fun, and devoted to her boyfriend Cal. She also has an odd obsession with serial killers, most particularly John Wakefield.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: She kills herself after Cal is murdered, telling Wakefield he can't have her.
- Hidden Depths: Much cleverer than she appears, and not quite as vapid.
- Ms. Fanservice: She ends up in her underwear exponentially more than any other woman in the show. Which makes sense, since she's 'the flirt' and all that.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: It's implied that she loves Cal so much because he treats her like a real person, unlike her numerous other boyfriends.
Sheriff Charlie Mills: The Sheriff
Played By: Jim Beaver
Thomas Wellington: The Father of the Bride
Played by: Richard BurgiTrish's father
, and the CEO of a major commercial real estate firm. He is a self-made man, and the ultimate Determinator
, completely committed to getting what he wants, including stopping his youngest daughter's wedding. He is killed with a head spade booby trap during the wedding rehearsal in Episode 5. His death is a major turning point in the series, and officially closes off the 'happy and carefree' part of the show.
Played by: Victor Webster
Trish's ex-boyfriend from college who, was apparently scared off by Henry after the couple broke up
. However, Daddy Wellington is paying him to come back to the island in order to break up the relationship between Henry and Trish
. He finally gives up and is paid an extra fee by Mr. Wellington to leave the island... and is killed by a rigged shotgun planted in his boat.
- Affably Evil: Not "evil" per se, but he's absolutely charming and handsome to people who don't know him well.
- Asshole Victim: Definitely had it coming.
- Boom, Headshot: Courtesy of a rigged shotgun.
- Chekhov's Gun: After he dies, the discovery of his boat sets off a subplot involving Malcolm and the rest of the groomsmen.
- Mauve Shirt: Dies in Episode 3.
Played by: Dean Chekvala
Henry's unstable younger brother.
Christopher "Sully" Sullivan
Played by: Matt Barr
The best friend of Henry Dunn, and best man at his wedding. He is fatally stabbed by Henry, and officially the last of the wedding guests to die
Played by: Harry Hamlin
Played by: Callum Keith Rennie