- Alternative Character Interpretation: Did Troy really reject being a sidekick in a new McBain movie or was that a lie to cover up the fact that he was passed up for the role?
- Jerkass Woobie: Troy might have had an ulterior motive in his relationship with Selma, but it's hard not to feel a little sorry for how lonely and screwed up he is.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: "Dr. Zaius" deftly changes "Rock Me Amadeus" just enough to count as an original song.
- What an Idiot!: After it was established that Troy had a history of doing horrible vanity projects, in the end, he passes up being a sidekick in a new McBain movie (or, if you go by the Alternative Character Interpretation entry, then he was rejected) which would have undoubtedly been a box office smash, he instead goes for a ridiculously titled vanity project that most likely tanked.
- Woolseyism: The Latin American dub manages to work a lot of puns and jokes in the movies that Troy McClure is remembered for.
YMMV / The Simpsons S 7 E 19 A Fish Called Selma