- Harsher in Hindsight: A mild case, but some criticized the cameos of other Pixar characters, for not being nearly as stylized as they could've been. Some dismissed it as the designs being not worth to program into the game, since it's too much work for something so small in comparison. Then they actually used these designs for the Toy Story sets, which gathered a lot of They Changed It, Now It Sucks! reactions.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Mr. Fantastic performed Elastigirl's gliding trick in a previous game.
- Spiritual Adaptation: Given the amount of playable Pixar characters, the game may be considered a combination between LEGO Dimensions and Disney Infinity.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character:
- Mr. Incredible's design in the game has gotten a lot of positive reception, needless to say, some were disappointed that the physical version of him has generic minifigure proportions.
- Instead of only letting one character per franchise make a cameo, some would've preferred each movie to get one, so that Jessie could get in for Toy Story 2, Buzz for Toy Story 3, Nemo or Marlin for Finding Nemo, Mater for Cars 2, and Mike for Monsters University.
- Unexpected Character: Who would've expected Woody, Flik, Lightning McQueen, Sulley, Linguini, Miguel, Bing Bong, WALLE, Merida, Russell, Dory, and Spot to be playable?!
- Scratch that, was ANYONE expecting Junior the Lamp to be playable?
YMMV / LEGO The Incredibles