- All Animation Is Disney: Some people mistake this for a DreamWorks Animation film when it was actually made by Exodus Film Group in association with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. It's an easy misconception to make, as this was Exodus' only mainstream animated film. It was also MGM's only CGI film until The Addams Family (2019).
- Anvilicious: The anvil Igor's speech at the end drops could kill Scamper permanently.
- Friendly Fandoms: With Hoodwinked!, another independent CGI genre parody made in the wake of Shrek's success. Both are considered two of it's "better" knockoffs.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Dr. Schadenfreude bears a striking resemblance to Mettaton EX.
- In Igor's interview for a job, he jokes that since he has a hunch on his back, his name is, of course, Igor. "What else would my name be, Kevin?" Well, no, Hugo is the one with the hump. Kevin's ambidextrous.
- Jerkass Woobie: Scamper. He's bitter, grumpy, jaded, cynical and one of the most sarcastic CGI characters created, but he's also suicidal and immortal, which means he'll outlive all his friends and can't do anything about it. At least he decides he wants to live after all.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: There's no point to the Igor/Eva romance, and it just comes out of nowhere.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: So Eva is an innocent who's supposed to be evil? Will this be about Igor trying to shape her to villainy and running up against her childlike instincts? Nope, she's brainwashed into a stereotypical actress, and we're getting a slew of tired Broadway jokes.
- Actually, Igor himself has a complaint about this as evidenced in his pure shock when finding out Eva was brainwashed into becoming an actress, and, ~10 minutes after that moment, Igor becoming maniacal after finding out that Brain changed the channel on the television having her become an actress rather than a sentient antagonistic creation.
- Ugly Cute: The four main good guys: Igor, Scamper, Brain and Eva, all in their own ways.
YMMV / Igor