Whisker Haven Tales with the Palace Pets (also simply known as Whisker Haven Tales) is an American children's short series produced by Ghostbot and Disney Digital Network. The series premiered on Disney Junior on June 20, 2015, and ran for 3 seasons.
The shorts follow the various Slice of Life adventures of the Palace Pets (Treasure, Sultan, Dreamy, Pumpkin, Berry, and Petite), who are a group of pets that live with Disney princesses. They travel to a magical world called Whisker Haven, which is gatekept by a magical hummingbird fairy Ms. Featherbon.
This show contains examples of the following tropes:
- Audience Surrogate: Treasure is used in the first episode to briefly introduce the audience to half of the main characters and the world of Whisker Haven.
- Birthday Episode: "A Dreamy-ful Birthday" for Dreamy.
- Christmas Episode: "Winter in Whisker Haven"
- Episode Title Card: This is done in seasons 2 and 3, with a character reading them out.
- Everyone Laughs Ending: Some episode shorts end with characters laughing such as "Whisker Haven Buddies Day" and "Chowing Down".
- Free-Range Pets: Justified, as they are in a world solely for animals.
- Halloween Episode: "Halloween in Whisker Haven"
- The One Guy: Sultan is the only male in the group. In Season 2, more male Palace Pets were joined in the group including Taj, Nyle, Pounce, Matey and Otto.
- Sleepyhead: Dreamy. Justified, as cats do tend to take naps.
- Slice of Life: The stories in the shorts tend to focus on mundane situations.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Pumpkin is the Girly Girl to Treasure's Tomboy.
- Totem Pole Trench: In "A Dreamy-ful Birthday," Pumpkin and Treasure do this to try to hide Dreamy's birthday cake from her vision, so they pile up on each other and wrap themselves with a tablecloth (as they're trying to pull it off as a dress). Dreamy notices how unusually tall Pumpkin is but doesn't bother asking how she grew so tall. When she finally leaves, Treasure (at the base) lets out a Sneeze of Doom causing the totem to collapse (which she had been desperately holding the whole time due to suds getting into her nose).