Tom and Jerry: Shiver Me Whiskers is the fourth installment of the Tom and Jerry Direct-to-Video film series. It features the cat and mouse rivals within a pirate setting as they hunt for the lost treasure of the Spanish Main.
- Amusing Injuries: It's a Tom and Jerry movie. These happen for most of the plot.
- Captain Colorbeard: Surprisngly averted with three pirates who do have a color scheme going on but each has a standard black beard.
- Colour Coded Characters: Red Pirate Ron, Blue Pirate Bob, Purple Pirate Paul, you get the picture.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Barnacle Paul insists he be called this because he doesn't want to go along with his brothers name scheme. They called him Purple Pirate Paul.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Barnacle Paul has monkey servants after being stuck on an island for so many years.
- Ghost Pirate: We briefly have a scene with skeleton pirates who chase Red Pirate Ron and crew off his boat.
- Pirate: The whole theme of the movie.
- Pirate Parrot: Each of the pirates have ones to do their talking. Well two of them at least.
- Riding into the Sunset: The film ends with Tom, Jerry, Spike and the parrots sailing onward into the horizon with the treasure.
- Shout-Out: One of the guardians of the treasure is a giant chicken made of rock. In other words a Roc Chick.
- Totem Pole Trench: Barnacle Paul tries this with his monkeys to hide the fact he's really short.
- Treasure Map: The finding of one kicks off the plot.
- The Unintelligible: Red Pirate Ron and Blue Pirate Bob only speak in pirate speak jumbo, their parrots speak english for them. Averted with Purple Pirate Paul who speaks just fine it's his parrot who speaks like this.
- Walk the Plank: Of course this trope came up.