The Jellies is an American adult animated sitcom created by Tyler, The Creator and Lionel Boyce. Revamped from a series of the same name that was previously featured on Tylers Golf Media app, it premiered on [adult swim] on October 22, 2017.
The show takes place in Walla Walla, Washington and follows a family of foul-mouthed jellyfish and their adopted son Cornell. When the boy learns that he was adopted at birth, he is shocked, and subsequently spirals out of control in an attempt to "find himself." As a result, he and his family and friends wind up in what the network bills as "uncanny situations."
This show provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Debbie. It's no wonder she doesn't have a driver's license.
- Alien Invasion: The episode "The Invasion" features an invasion of praying mantis aliens.
- Animal Facial Hair: Barry Jelly has a curly orange mustache to go with his curly orange hair.
- The Ditz: The fact Cornell didn't even know he was adopted by a family that is obviously not the same race as he is until told to his face should tell you a lot.
- Enemy Mine: The second half of "The Invasion" features the Crips and Bloods teaming up to fend off the aliens.
- Funny Animal: The Jelly family and Mervin Collins the whale.
- Furry Female Mane: The two female jellyfish members of the Jelly family, Debbie and KY, have hair, but so does Barry Jelly.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Mervin wears pants and no shirt. His lack of shirt catches the ire of stores and businesses that go by "No Shirt, No Service".
- Interspecies Adoption: Cornell is a human boy adopted by jellyfish.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Debbie Jelly the jellyfish.
- Punny Name: KY Jelly is not just the name of the jellyfish daughter but also a brand of body lubricant.
- Sapient Cetaceans: Mervin Collins is a Funny Animal whale in Walla Walla, Washington.
- Species Surname: The jellyfish in the Jelly family.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair:
- KY's hair is pink.
- Blue becomes Cornell's hair color when he got a sex change.