Jellabies, also known as Jellikins and Jellies in certain regions, is a British-Australian children's cartoon which aired in the late 90's and was narrated by Rik Mayall. It stars a cast of jelly humans (or jelly bears in the Jellikins version of the show) who live in the Jolly Jelly World at the end of the rainbow. These jelly people, or "jellies", create their own rainbows through a special machine known as the Jellyscope whenever a storm occurs anywhere in the world; the Jellyscope can also answer just about any question the jellies have.
Contains examples of:
- Adaptational Species Change: Only here, it's more like "Dub Species Change". If a dub changes the show's name to Jellikins, it also changes the characters so that they resemble bears instead of humans. note
- Arboreal Abode: Pepper's home is in a hollowed-out tree trunk.
- Couch Gag: The end credits have a character appearing at the side of a pond as they say goodbye to the narrator. The character who says goodbye changes with each episode.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: As the theme song states, when the sun comes out after the rain goes, that's the time for making rainbows.
- Funny Animal: In the Jellikins dubs, the characters are made to look like anthropomorphic bears.
- Girlish Pigtails: Coral and Amber have these. They're removed from the two in the Jellikins versions of the show.
- Hold Your Hippogriffs: The narrator has a tendency to insert the word "jelly" into certain words and phrases. For example, "very good" becomes "jelly good", and "fantastic" becomes "jellytastic".
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Duffy is the only dragon in a show where all of the characters are jelly people/bears.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: The jellies speak in unintelligible blabbering, which the narrator has no trouble understanding.
- Market-Based Title: Known as Jellikins in some regions.
- Meaningful Name: Strum loves music and musical instruments, hence why his name refers to strumming a guitar.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Duffy the dragon. Aside from being significantly more detailed in appearance than the jellies, he's also the only character whose appearance doesn't change depending on the localization.
- Rainbow Motif: Surprisingly not played completely straight, despite the setting of the show being at the end of the rainbow. The characters are colored red, orange, yellow, pink, blue, purple, and (counting Duffy the dragon) green, which isn't completely accurate to the actual colors of the rainbow (the pink and purple should be indigo and violet; both could probably be forgiven since Strum is purple, and that color is pretty close to violet, and Coral is pink instead of indigo since she's female and the pink color is most likely to make her gender easily recognizable).
- Title Scream: At the end of the theme song, a group of children shouts "JELLABIES/JELLIKINS!!! YEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!"