Meet former police officer Paul Cassidy. An oddball man recently kicked off the force for an unspecified mental episode.
His day doesn't get any better after that. When he's kidnapped by a crazy scientist and reluctantly transported to a stereotypical fantasy adventure world.
After discovering a (Possibly) talking pair of magical gauntlets, he becomes Apollo Gauntlet. Bizarre defender of the kingdom.
Apollo Gauntlet provides examples of:
- Badass Mustache: Paul rocks a pretty sweet one.
- Canada, Eh?: Apollo is your stereotypical polite Canadian.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Paul is a subdued brand of odd. Speaking in obscure pop-culture references and other eccentricities.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: It's not specified if the gauntlets actually talk, or if it's just in Paul's head.
- Mushroom Samba: What the group suffer in episode 5, thanks to Rubis accidentally cooking poison mushrooms.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Paul likes to bust out the phat rhymes when he's fighting.