Jinxy Jenkins & Lucky Lou is a 2014 short CGI cartoon made by Michael Bidinger and Michelle Kwon of the Ringling College of Art and Design. Set in San Francisco, it's a boy-meets-girl story with a twist, the twist being that the boy, Jenkins, is hilariously unlucky while the girl, Lou, is hilariously lucky. When these two (literally) collide one day, it's a day of misfortune (and fortune) these two will never forget.
This cartoon provides examples of:
- Blessed with Suck: At the beginning of the short, Lou is clearly tired of the almost-perfect life caused by her good luck.
- Born Lucky: Lucky Lou, as the name suggests.
- Born Unlucky: Jinxy Jenkins, as his name suggests.
- Butt-Monkey: Jenkins. Given how he is hexed with perpetual bad luck, almost nothing ever seems to go right for him. At least, not until Lou came into his life.
- Chekhov's Gun: Jenkins' umbrella manages to save him and Lou.
- Circling Birdies: Parodied, the bluebirds that were bothering Lou circle around her and fly off after her Crash-Into Hello with Jenkins.
- Crash-Into Hello: This is how Jenkins and Lou meet, when Jenkins get his crash-helmet stuck over his eyes and Lou running from some overly-friendly birds.
- Disney Creatures of the Farce: Some cheery bluebirds chase Lou, offering her a wreath of flowers. She doesn't look too pleased to see them.
- The Jinx: Jinxy Jenkins, as the name suggests.
- Lucky Seven: We first see Lou walking out of her house, whose street number is 7.
- Meet Cute: This short is all about how Jenkins and Lou met.
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon: Aside from some vocalizations and a shocked scream from Lou, there's no dialogue in this cartoon.
- Parasol Parachute: Double Subverted; Jenkins tries this when the two end up going off a cliff, bu the umbrella breaks. Then Lou takes his hand and it miraculously fixes itself, saving the couple.
- Piano Drop: Jenkins and Lou are (nearly) squashed by dozens of pianos dangling from ropes for no good reason. Then they used them as Stepping Stones in the Sky.
- 13 Is Unlucky: We first see Jenkins walking out of his house, whose street number is 13.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Jenkins' expression when the pair go careening towards a traffic accident, and Lou's expression when she and Jenkins end up in a situation where it looks like not even her luck can save them.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Lou
- Zettai Ryouiki: Lou