A darn good arrangement.
"14 Carrot Rabbit" is a 1952 Looney Tunes cartoon directed by Friz Freleng and featuring Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. "Chillicothe" Sam is a claim-jumper who robs other people of their gold. Then he learns that Bugs, who has also been procuring gold of his own, tends to get a "funny feeling" whenever he's near any gold and tries to exploit the rabbit for his own gain.
"14 Carrot Rabbit" provides examples of:
- Aside Glance: As Sam pretends to befriend Bugs, the rabbit glances toward the camera and raises his eyebrows up and down slyly, knowing full well that Sam cannot be trusted before playing along.
- Big "SHUT UP!": When Bugs realizes that Sam, greedily digging for gold, is digging through the edge of a cliff and is about to fall, he tries to warn him, but Sam simply yells at him to shut up. Of course, he does end up falling through.
- On CBS, the scene of Sam shooting at an elderly prospector and stealing his gold was cut.
- On ABC, the scene of Sam shooting Bugs in his rear to start the race for the mother lode was cut.
- Character Tic: Bugs' "funny feeling" whenever he gets close to gold involves his body shaking and then jumping around wildly, almost against his will.
- Digging to China: Implied by Sam, who is so engrossed in digging for gold at one point that he doesn't realize that the patch he's digging into is in a dump truck, driven away by Bugs, who dumps it over the side of a cliff. As Sam plummets with the dirt, he peeks his head out upside-down and becomes confused."Great horny toadies! I musta dug clean through to Chiny!"
- False Friend: Sam pretends to befriend Bugs in order to exploit his "funny feeling" to get the gold, falsely promising to share the gold with him — then drops any and all pretense afterwards.Bugs: Maybe I should help. After all, we are partners.
Sam: Partners? Our partnership has dee-solved. This is all mine! Now beat it!
- Gainax Ending: After Sam is arrested for digging into Fort Knox, one of the guards turns his attention to Bugs. Bugs says "Well, eh, I'm waiting for a streetcar", and at that moment an ocean liner pulls up. "But in a spot like this, a boat will do", says Bugs as he boards and the ship sails off on dry land.
- Gold Fever: Sam has this in spades — and apparently, so does Bugs, if his "funny feeling" is any indication.
- Prospector: Sam, known here as Chillicothe Sam, "the roughest, toughest, rootinest, shootinest claim-jumper that ever jumped a claim!", robs an elderly prospector of his gold. Bugs could count, too, although he never seems to be actively looking for gold; he just finds it with his "funny feeling" and uses it to buy a few carrots.
- Running Gag: Bugs' "funny feeling" whenever he gets anywhere close to gold.
- Travel Montage: Sam chasing Bugs "through every state in the union" from Alaska all the way down to Kentucky.