El Mago de los sueños (English: The Dream Wizard) is a 1966 Spanish animated film directed and produced by Francisco Macián. It is based on Hans Christian Andersen and features La Familia Telerín (the Telerin Family), a group of children who were famous in Spain for telling kids in TV to go to sleep, as protagonists.
The film is about the dream wizard, who in his routine of making nice dreams to well-behaved children is distracted and awakes by accident the Telerín family, getting exposed and discovered by them in the process. He introduces himself to them and gave each one of the children a nice dream.
In 2018, the Telerín kids return as the protagonists of the animated television series Cleo & Cuquin.
- Berserk Button: Any despective comment towards his short stature is this to the titular magician
- Circus Episode: One of the dreams of the movie involves a story set in a circus.
- Crash-Into Hello: This is how the titular "mago" ("wizard") meets "La Familia Telerin"
- Defeat Means Friendship: The giant in Cuquin's dream becomes more friendly to them after Cuquin convinces he's his conscience.
- Double Take: The dream wizard after Don Coco finally enters the window and one of the kids mistakes him for a martian
- The Dragon: The greedy king from Tete's dreams has a literal one that serves the king.
- Dream Sequence: Most of the film involves the dreams the family had.
- Heroic Dog: Maripi becomes one in the dream where is the protagonist, as he protects his owner's house from a Thief
- Nightmare Sequence: Pelusin haves one of those because of his bad behavior that day. Fortunately for him, it gets better for him after Don coco insults and pisses the dream wizard
- Sleep Walking: Tete usually sleepwalks on the night.
- Third Time's the Charm: Don Coco tries to enter the house to punish Pelusin two times but a distraction causes him to fall the window. On the third time, he succeeds in entering the house.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: El mago and Don coco can shapeshift themselves into what they want with the power of their magic