Cleo & Cuquin is a 2018 Spanish-Mexican preschool show produced by Ánima Kitchent in cooperation with Televisa. It uses characters from the 1960s Spanish television show La Familia Telerín who also appeared in the animated movie El Mago De Los Suenos. It aired on Nick Jr. in the US on January 7, 2018.
The show focuses on a group of six siblings, two in particular being the oldest sibling Cleo, and her baby brother Cuquin, as she helps them with the problems they encounter and solve them. Following each problem, Cleo uses the knowledge from the episode to determine what she wants to be when she grows up.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Cuquin is the youngest of the siblings, and obviously the baby.
- Blinding Bangs: Pelusen's hair obscures his eyes.
- "Eureka!" Moment: Done Once per Episode when Cleo finds out how to solve a problem.
- Five-Token Band: Cleo and Cuquin themselves (American); Maripi (Blonde); Tete (Brunette); Pelusen (Ginger); Colitas (Asian)
- Hiccup Hijinks: "Hiccup Monsters" has Cuquin get hiccups while playing hide and seek with Cleo and Colitas. They try doing what they can to cure him. He's eventually cured when he accidentally scares himself by being surprised from a squeaky toy. In the end, he admits to what he did, and they all laugh. Then Colitas gets hiccups.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: Maripi is not a very good singer.
- Minor Living Alone: Cleo, Cuquin and their siblings live on their own with no adult supervision.
- Name and Name: The show title itself.
- Odd Name Out: Cleo is the only one of the siblings with a common name.
- Only Sane Man: Pelusen sometimes fills into this role.
- Parental Abandonment: The kids' parents are never seen nor mentioned, and they are even shown to live alone by themselves.
- Three Shorts: The show airs in this format when aired on Nick Jr.