No relation to Haryadhi Gee.
Assy McGee provides examples of:
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Or in this case "reasonable cop and Rabid Cop".
- Da Chief: Greg, or as everyone calls him "The Chief". He fits the trope to a "T".
- Expy: to the overused buddy cop formula.
- The chief resembles Al Pacino.
- Fingerprinting Air: Assy takes a paint chip with a fingerprint on it and eventually turns it into a life-size sculpture of the culprit.
- Gasshole: Assy, in a manner of speaking, as he farts at least once an episode.
- Hannibal Lecture: The episode "Pegfinger" contains a parody of the Trope Naming scene in The Silence of the Lambs. While walking down a corridor identical to the one in the movie, Assy warns Sanchez not to let the prisoner they're about to question "get inside his head." Pegfinger immediately does so in seconds with little more than a racist joke ("A wedding ring? How many oranges did you have to pick to pay for that?"). Sanchez goes berserk and shoots him to death.
- Homage: The show is an homage to tough cop movies like Dirty Harry. One episode in particular is very extremely similar to the first Dirty Harry movie.
- Invisible Anatomy: Assy has no hands, but still is able to manipulate objects.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: A wounding gunshot is a valid interrogation technique for Assy.
- Karma Houdini: Despite all the McCloud Speeches and Turn In Your Badges, Assy never receives any lasting punishment for killing and injuring countless innocent people, which underscores that the show takes place in a Crapsack World.
- Nominal Hero: Assy is a foolish cop who cares about doing his job his own way.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Due to his anatomy, Assy is shorter than everyone, but is deadly fighter none the less.
- Product Placement: Even though this is a 11 minute show, there is an Act Break halfway through each episode to play a clip of Assy selling Scion xBs.
- Punny Name: Assy Mcgee...LITERALLY AN ASS!
- Rabid Cop: Assy takes this to a disturbing extreme, to the point of being a Sociopathic Hero.
- The Unintelligible: Assy falls into this occasionally, due to literally talking through his ass.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Assy is deathly afraid of squirrels The final episode put him on a case to break up a fight ring using said animals and he end having to take on a mutated buffed up squirrel in the end. He manages to win, cut its head off, and screams in victory into the night. Not a bad way to end a series.