Astroblast is a kids' show by Soup 2 Nuts that begun airing on PBS Kids Sprout in July 2014. It focuses around a crew of Funny Animals who run an intergalactic smoothie café called the Frosty Star, and the problems that often arise among them. Comet, the leader, is an easily excitable dog. Halley is a pink rabbit who makes high-speed deliveries. Sputnik, a pig, tends to get overly passionate about things. Radar, a monkey, is well-meaning but usually lazy. Jet, an alligator, speaks entirely through movement. And Sal, the level-headed one, is a three-eyed octopus who usually has friendly advice.
Not to be confused with the Atari 2600 game of the same name.
This cartoon contains examples of:
- Adobe Flash: Was animated with Flash.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: When Sputnik tried to modernize the Frosty Star in one episode, chaos ensued. Among other problems, they couldn't even prepare ingredients without being chased down by an army of cleaning droids.
- An Aesop: As an edutainment cartoon, this is expected Once an Episode.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Notably, Halley makes her deliveries on an intergalactic surfboard.
- Companion Cube: Several one-off ones pop up time to time; among them, Sputnik's Zorkian Peach plant "Zorky".
- Funny Animal: The main cast.
- Only Sane Man: Sal, who often gives advice to help the others realize the solution to that episode's Aesop.
- Silent Snarker: Jet, at times.
- The Speechless: Jet, who speaks by movement and props.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Halley is the tomboy to Sputniks the girly girl.
- Two Girls to a Team: Halley and Sputnik are the only girls in the main cast.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Halley in one episode, who only sprained her ankle but realized she enjoyed being taken care of.