Saul Malone is a member of the team STRATA, which is piloting a ship burrowing deep under the surface of the earth, on a mission to prove the existence of a "Mother Rock" which all rocks have descended from. Suddenly, the ship is pummeled by a ton of rocks, leaving Saul Malone, a robot named Robot with a human brain, and a musician named Johnny Tambourine - who is in a hibernation capsule - as the only survivors to find themselves in an underground world which is populated by creatures known as Mole Men.
- A Dog Named "Dog": A robot named Robot.
- Bait-and-Switch Credits: The first episode begins with the credits to a show called STRATA, but then within the first minute the STRATA Action Team is all killed except for Saul, Robot, and Johnny Tambourine. The show's actual opening is an Expository Theme Tune which would spoil the plot of the first episode if it were played up front.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy: No less than three examples.
- Benjamin Franklin was the keeper of two of three legendarily powerful stones, or as he calls them, "igneodes". He was also the first person to encounter the Mole Men, which sparked his invention of "interspecies erotica".
- Thomas Jefferson was a brutal Ax-Crazy murderer who skinned Franklin alive for the power of the igneodes.
- John Henry was the steel driving man of legend who defeated the steam engine but survived, and eventually drove his way into the depths of the earth and became a cyborg; one with the engine he had once called his enemy.
- Decoy Protagonist: The opening credits of the first episode introduce the STRATA team, who then die seconds later. The resulting replacement credits are for Johnny Tambourine... who is a complete moron. The opening credits after that are for The Molemen (as a funny sitcom), finally followed by the real credits for Saul himself.
- Depraved Bisexual: Saul's hated rival Nathaniel Baltimore, Old-Fashioned Bisexual. He's constantly licking his lips and sizing up the asses of both Saul and Fallopia, and at one point he jumps in the middle of one of their kisses.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Saul seems to parody this, as near the end of the series he finds out he is somehow half-rock.
- Subverted Kids Show: It's a parody of old Sid and Marty Krofft shows from the 70's, such as Land of the Lost.