The Walkyverse is the setting of four webcomic series by David Willis:
- Roomies!, It's Walky!, and Joyce and Walky!, which share a page due to the interconnected nature of their narratives, and
- Shortpacked! (page here), a spin-off comic from It's Walky! which is largely self-contained.
Outside the Walkyverse is the Dumbiverse, containing only Dumbing of Age (page here), an Ultimate Universe Alternate Continuity combining characters and elements from all four (but none of the science fiction elements so far).
The Walkyverse also includes (de facto at any rate) a number of other comics largely written by friends of Willis, including (but not necessarily limited to) Melonpool, Fans!, Something*Positive, Queen of Wands, Girls with Slingshots, All New Issues, Multiplex, Questionable Content, Diesel Sweeties, Penny and Aggie, and Scary Go Round.
The Walkyverse officially ended with the final Shortpacked! strip on January 17, 2015, and the final strips of Joyce and Walky! were uploaded on May 17, 2015. A series about Joyce and Walky's pregnancy, It's Pregnancy!, ran from June to December 2015.
Tropes that apply to the Walkyverse as a whole:
- Author Avatar: Every series has one:
- Danny Wilcox in Roomies! started the trend, intentionally sharing many traits with Willis. By his own admission, however, Joyce grew into a more fitting avatar.
- Walky from It's Walky! was more overt, again sharing initials with Willis but also a first name and nickname, car, and other traits.
- Shortpacked! took it to the next level, with two avatars: one being a fictionalized version of himself, and the other being Ethan. And in-universe, they're rivals in the Transformers fandom.
- Dumbing of Age, while an AU, has Joyce as his avatar, due to their shared style of religious upbringing.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Each comic got Darker and Edgier after starting off light-hearted and episodic.