Diesel Sweeties is an Life Embellished Webcomic written by R. Stevens, an avid and open disdainer and hater of elves . It can be found here. For a few month it was also published daily in some newspapers via the King syndicate, before Stevens was done in by the heavier schedule and content restrictions.
The comic would be a fairly typical story about urban twentysomethings engaging in witty banter and casual relationships, but also notes that several main characters are robots, who are perfectly able to have said relationships with humans. Notable cast members include:
- Clango, a likeable but naive robot
- Maura, alcoholic former porn star in (and out of) a long term relationship with him
- Lil' Sis, caustic sister of Maura
- Metal Steve, a Christian metalhead
- Alle Vegetoksis, a neo-hippie and Steve's wife
- Electron Mike, an Apple fan with no social skills
- Otakate, a blue-haired internet dweller
- Indie Rock Pete, a hipster with impressive misfortune
- Red Robot, a machine with no respect for human life (except his girlfriend)
The comic is computer-drawn in a heavily pixelated style. Part of the Dumbrella syndicate, along with Bad Machinery and Overcompensating. It also connects to the Questionable Content universe by way of Li'l Sis' fling with Amanda Whitaker.
The comic provides examples of:
- Dream Sequence: The sentient toaster dreams about getting back at CLango and Maura.
- Exiled to the Couch: Maura exiled Clango for a week, after he made anti-organic remarks.
- Fantastic Racism: Robots are not allowed in bars.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Metal Steve, and usually Lil' Sis. People tend not to cuss often, either, which is weird for a webcomic that involves so much sex.
- Screw Yourself: Clango has created a double to go to work, so he can stay at home. When he remembered, that he has no job: "Then let's make out!"
- Yandere: Red Robot lied to have murdered his ex.