Half-Man is a webcomic about a one psychotic half-alien cyborg (Major Isaac Koda) in a war against alien forces (the K'ul) , his best friend (Doctor Ash Hayes) who is trying to keep him alive, his commander (Captain Laurence Reed) who doesn't trust him and unknown assassins out to get him.
The first page can be found here
Half-Man provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: Early issues contain less refined character designs, simpler backgrounds and rougher shading than later or current issues.
- Ceiling Cling: should have looked up...
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: While it unclear if it the cybernetics, his long list of trauma or his hybrid nature that makes him unbalanced they clearly aren't helping the major's mental state.
- Cyborg: The major is shown as clearly having artificial eyes and one artificial arm there is also mention on an internal power cell and that 'they didn't know when to stop when replacing his brain tissue with computers'
- Fan of the Past: Dr Hayes likes 20th century cinema, Koda doesn't.
- Half-Human Hybrid: With the major it may be more like 33% at this point, considering all the cybernetics. His hybrid nature is due to being experimented on by humanities enemies, the K'ul and then experimented on again by humans.
- Hypocrite: Doctor Hayes often tells his patients to avoid things like smoking, drinking and eat more healthy, while being a heavy smoker himself. He acknowledges the hypocrisy of this.
- Invisibility Cloak: The K'ul use these, part of what makes them terrifying good at ambushes. Made worse is that the only way to detect them in this state is unreliable at best
- Invisibility Flicker / Visible Invisibility: When Invisible K'ul move or are hit with weapons fire they show up as a blur or solid colour outline.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: The k'ul have multiple arms as well as a second face on the backs of their heads.
- Night-Vision Goggles: Curiously absent from the boarding party, but the Major has some built in, which is just as well, considering nobody else even thought to bring a torch.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: The Major has gone though so much that even his tenuous grip on sanity seem amazing. However the major is so different to everyone else that he even handles PTSD differently
- Super Soldier: Major Koda is one, while he is a effective fighting force his hybrid biology is killing him.
- Super Strength: When Dr Hays said Koda could break out of prison in fifteen seconds he wasn't exaggerating
- You Called Me "X"; It Must Be Serious:"You called me Ash. You never call me Ash any more. Ever since..."
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: The new Medic lead is called Dr April June.