Doctor Whooves is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fan-webcomic by Edowaado about the title Time Lord pony. The comic features a single story arc, although it has a noticeable shift in style and tone as it goes on.
When Lyra overhears a certain brown earth pony mentioning humans, she immediately takes an interest in him, and winds up getting caught in his escapades. Lyra enjoys her new life with The Doctor, but things start going bad when the Cyberponies start showing up. Its up to The Doctor, Lyra, and their friends to stop them.
The comic consists of 11 chapters and an eight part epilogue — together over 500 pages.
This Webcomic provides examples of the following tropes:
- Action Mom: This comic follows the fandom that has Derpy as a mother to Dinky.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Iron Will during his childhood since he was a minotaur and was shunned for not being a pony.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Bon Bon to the Doctor after he reveals proof he's from another dimension. Partly because she can't take the craziness of the sci-fi world and the dangerous creatures they face (which is ironic as her world really isn't any different). And mostly for the doctor laughing it off when they had a filly (Dinky) with them.
- Art Evolution: The art style noticeably improves over the course of the comic. One of the older page was even redone in the better style.
- Artificial Gravity: "Fall" is what happens when the gravity gets messed with.
- Bigger on the Inside: The TARDIS, as always. She even gets a brand new console room in the epilogue.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Foresight who reveals his true colors once the Doctor and he are alone. Most of chapter 9 is the Doctor trying to fight against him so he can reach Lyra.
- Blessed With Suck: Foresight who finds his "talent" to be this. Since he can always predict everything and thus finds no surprises in life. However it's runs deeper as he predicted his girlfriend dying and wasn't able to save her. Ironically the one surprise he does get in his entire life and it's the doctor actually managing to beat him despite his predictions.
- Book Ends: The last scene of the comic is the same as the first one: Lyra overhearing the Doctor talking about humans.
- The Cameo: Two ponies that look more like actors Matt Smith and David Tennant than the Doctor himself does in the comic appear during Iron Will's flashback in Chapter 8note . The 10th Doctor also makes a brief appearance when the Doctor shows Lyra what it's like to be human(oid).
- Cerebus Syndrome: The comic gets much darker once the Cyberponies take over.
- Circling Birdies: The Doctor experiences circling TARDIS after the second psychic heabutt. Lyra experiences circling harps as well.
- Crossover: This goes without saying, but who would have thought that Johnny Bravo would also be a major character?
- Deadly Game: "The Games".
- Demoted to Extra: Derpy, while she is one of the doctor's allies and avoids being captured. She's hardly in the story much and disappears for a good majority once she, the Doctor, and Lyra enter the cyberpony ship. Only showing up near the end and bit for the epilogue.
- Eureka Moment: Thanks to Lyra, the Doctor manages to figure out a way to restore all the converted ponies to normal.
- Everybody Lives: Except maybe anything left on the Cybership.
- Flashback: One of the chapters goes into Iron Will's background.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Lyra to the Doctor during "New Skin".
- I Lied: When did the Cybermen/Cyberponies ever uphold their end of a bargain? To elaborate, they claimed they'll let the sole winner of the game go free. Since Lyra was this, they revealed they lied and actually was weeding out the strongest among their group to turn into their leader.Cyberpony Voice: That was designated... a lie.
- Heroic Sacrifice:
- Iron Will loses the game this way.
- As does the Doctor, who lets himself be fatally wounded in order to prevent Lyra from being killed in the last game. As a result he begins regenerating.
- And does a final one at the end of chapter 11 by staying on the ship as it explodes after teleporting Derpy and Lyra out and letting the regeneration take it's course. Though it winds up subverted. Despite the change, he retains his memories long enough for the TARDIS to come save him and teleport out before the ship blows.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Wasn't intentional but by defeating Foresight, the doctor gave the Cyberponies a subject with immense power whom they converted into their temporary leader. Least until they can capture Lyra to be their queen.
- Stable Time Loop: The regenerated Doctor and Lyra go back in time to tell a much younger Lyra some stories, effectively setting up the Book Ends that got the adventure going in the first place.
- Sacrificial Lion: Bon Bon
- Unwilling Roboticisation: This is bound to happen when cyberponies are involved.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Foresight's deal. His prediction always come true, even if it's not the most intentional way.
- Your Days Are Numbered: After he begins undergoing another regeneration process, the Doctor attempts to find a way to defeat the Cyberponies before it is completed and his current personality and form goes away.