You know that when you need a laugh, you can call on Tré
No matter where you from, no matter what you do
His videos help to get you in a better mood
Or in a better state, it's just a click away
You watching vid after vid, prepare to stay up late
No need to be afraid, everybody's welcome
Cuz This is a Commentary starring Tré Melvin"
This is a Commentary is a YouTube channel created by Edward L. "Tré" Melvin. Although he has a penchant for Sketch Comedy, he is also known to parody viral videos and portrays almost every character on the show. He has 1.7 million subscribers and counting, and his videos have been watched over 136 million times. His channel series include, but aren't limited to:
- The Maury series, a parody of the Maury show which features incredibly young boys and girls doing things that are sexually WAAAY too premature for them, such as having sex and being child prostitutes. There's the 11-year old prostitute, the 9-month old prostitute, and the 6-year old baby daddy.
- The "Shit X Say'' series, a series of videos which are compilations of a specific type of person saying typical lines for said type. They include arrogant ugly girls, white guys, and Asian moms.
- The Watermelondrea Babysitting series mainly starring Watermelondrea Jones, who is one hell of a foul-mouthed Jive Turkey. She babysits for a young boy who just can't fall asleep, and uses ghetto versions of Christmas carols and nursery rhymes on him or tells him where babies come from.note
- The Bitches Be Like series which contains categories including the namesake, "Niggas Be Like", and tons of sub-categories. They are a continuation of the popular "X Be Like" meme which contains cliches and catchphrases associated with women or other people.
- The X These Days series which consists of Tré ranting about a specific type of person that pisses him off. The first episode of the series, "Niggas These Days", was actually the series premiere of TIAC. The largest amount of videos in the series were made in the old era of Tré's career.
Tré and his channel provide examples of:
- Adorably Precocious Child: "Adorably" is a strong word, but this can apply to the three kids that went on "Maury".
- Art Shift: Watermelondrea Needs Some Dick was 100% animated by Guttamind Animation, who also did the channel's newest intro.
- Babysitter from Hell: In one episode, Watermelondrea was mentioned to have drugged her young charges to get them to go sleep or, at least, to shut up.
- Berserk Button: Calling Watermelondrea flat-chested. She almost killed her own grandma over it.
- Early Installment Weirdness: All of his oldest videos were filmed at the computer lab of the college he was attending and almost always consisted of rants. As the years went by he began making characters, using better VFX, and even started getting into animation.
- Fanservice: In this video, we briefly get to see Tré's naked butt.
- Flipping the Bird: Sometimes◊, Tre'll do this and this is often done emphasize a point or for comedic effect.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Don't call Watermelondrea any sort of name (especially flat-chested) or insult her food.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Houstanalantavegas and La-a Washington, both of which suffered karmic deaths as a result of being child prostitutes. Houstanalantavegas succumbed to cardiac arrest after giving head to 98 men at once and gave birth to La-a, who was eventually shot and killed.
- Jive Turkey: Watermelondrea's dialog, much of the time, tends to consist of this.
- Lethal Chef: Possibly Watermelondrea in this video, as her cooking may be the reason why her grandpa died. At least she can make mashed potatoes—that smell like booty and grape juice.
- Mood Whiplash: In Ghetto Thanksgiving Dinner, Watermelondrea's grandpa dies of unknown reasons, which turns the episode towards Tear Jerker territory as Drea's grandma begins to weep, but this gets subverted by a big ole "HALLELUJAH!"
- N-Word Privileges: Played with.
- Well, he is black, and three of his video titles contain the word uncensored, and it pops up within lots more videos, invoking this.
- Deconstructed in the video Dear White People (made after the PewDiePie controversy), where he explains the history of the the N-Word is a slur.
- Overly Long Name: When Drea's grandma insults her after she calls her old:Watermelondrea's grandma: I'd rather be old than a trifling-ass, train-loving, lookalike, flat-chested, elephant-neck-pussy, can't keep a man, can't keep a recipe, can't keep a dictionary fo' shit HUSSY!
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: I'm Pregnant, in which Watermelondrea argues with the wife of a man named Jerome, and after being insulted one too many times, Watermelondrea resorts to just shooting her.
- "1 - x + y ÷ 10 + 2ab - 3 ÷ the square root of 9. The limit does not exist. The limit does not exist!"
- His theme song contains the line "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks!"note
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Everyone. Every character on the show has sworn at least once.