Wooden Plank Studios is a small-ish (in their words) Dutch team of artists known for comics based on various properties, primarily involving Pokémon and Super Smash Bros., all Played for Laughs. They're the creators of Everyone Is Home.
Voiced versions of the strips can be found on GabaLeth's channel here.
All spoilers to their respective games will be unmarked. You Have Been Warned!
- Author Avatar: The Author of the series sometimes inserts himself in some older comics. During a series of Animal Crossing comics, the Villager character resembled him as well.
- The Dreaded: Kirby for many powerful beings.
- Fanservice: Played up. There was a Beach Episode, Dark Samus has an unsuited human form, etc. One April Fools' Day strip had some blatant baiting for laughs◊.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: When gym leader Milo hears that the trainer brought four Gookeys to fight his Pokemon, he gives him a long speech about how you need to work on type advantages and that four unevolved Grookeys wouldn't get him very far. He would be right if those four Grookeys (who were beating up his Pokemon while he wasn't paying attention) weren't Level 38 each.
- HA HA HANo: Nemona does this to Incineroar and his friends when he asks if they can leave Paldea due to its weirdness.
- "Last Supper" Steal: "JoJo's Bizarre Supper" has the various cast members of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with creator Hirohiko Araki in Jesus's place.
- The team also did one with the Smash Bros. characters.
- Level Grinding: After discovering that his Scourbunny starter is actually an illegal immigrant Level 60 Zoroark, he lets him stay under the condition that he allows his Grokeys to K.O. him, allowing them to instantly level up to Level 38 and resemble Jojo characters.Zoroark: Ah. Gotcha.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: The comics show the Smash Bros. cast interacting with many other fictional universes.
- Odd Friendship: There are many given the dissonant universes crossing over, but no friendship stands out more than Incineroar and Kazuya◊ during their journey to revive the rest of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate cast.
- Running Gag: Abel's (now deceased) pet rabbit appears in some form in almost every strip.
- Story Arc: Quite a few, actually.
- Talking Animal: Some Pokémon in the series like Zoroark and Pangoro are perfectly capable of human speech. Incineroar also gets this as a result of being a major character in the Everyone Is Home saga. Downplayed since some Pokémon still use Pokémon Speak.