Life is good for the clever goblin rogue Jinjo and his dim-witted "cousin" Barley. At least, until mysterious monsters attack The Town Before The Dawn that they live in, causing Jinjo to fall off. Fortunately, he is rescued by the elven alchemist Frim and her servant golem Ra'aj. They start traveling together, with Jinjo trying to pay off his life debt to Frim...
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alien Sky: The simple presence of a day/night cycle completely throws off Jinjo at first.
- Endless Daytime: The apparent source of the name of The Town Before The Dawn is that the sky is perpetually orange, as if the sun were just rising.
- Fastball Special: Jinjo sets one up where he gets thrown by Ra'aj into a group of thugs.
- Fish out of Water: Jinjo, although it doesn't take very long for him to move past this.
- Floating Continent: The Town Before The Dawn, a large walled floating city.
- Home Sweet Home: Jingo's first reaction to learning what happened.
- Intrepid Merchant: Frim, traveling from town to town to sell her wares, as well as provide other services.
- I Owe You My Life: Once he comes to terms with his situation, Jinjo agrees to work as Frim's assistant.
- Life-or-Limb Decision: A variation, since Jinjo was unconscious and could not make the choice himself: Frim decided to amputate Jinjo's crushed right arm in order to save his life.
- One-Winged Angel: The Lady reveals she can take on a much more menacing form (a masked female giant made of energy), which she assumes to try and fight off the monsters attacking The Town Before The Dawn.
- Punny Name: Most of the wildlife gets some. You have a butter ball (a small round yellow-feathered bird), a hedge-hog (a pig actually made of wood and shrubbery), and a burnt rarebit (a scary looking rabbit that is implied to breathe fire).
- The Wall Around the World: Jinjo at least thought there was nothing at all behind the Lady's Wall that enclosed The Town Before The Dawn. He gets a very rude awakening.