- Snake would like everyone to know he's too old for this nonsense.
- Long after Liquid Ocelot's Insurrection and the world recovers, the US Military salvaged the mass produced RAYs and Arsenal Gear to make Metal Wolf, Richard's mech, the Alcatraz Cannon, and all the other giant robots from the game. This would explain what happened to the Metal Gears.
- Maybe this is what Armstrong truly wanted...
- A law was passed declaring robocalypse combat "Technically warfare" presumably. I like the first theory better.
- This troper would like to concur with that statement. Perhaps a first draft before working on System-XN?
- A first draft is impossible, since System XN is Gilliam's dimension jumping device, so he had to have made it in Elpis, where he started off. I think you're thinking of XN Geist. The theory in general still works, though, since we don't know how long Gilliam's been wandering the dimensions or all of where he's been. Of course, with the tendency for System XN and dimension jumping in general to cause amnesia (in Hero Senki Gilliam starts off with amnesia from what is presumably a test of System XN gone wrong, plus in SRW A Axel gets amnesia from dimension jumping, and I think Gilliam gets amnesia AGAIN in SRW 4), it's up in the air if he remembers any of it.
- Yet more proof that this game desperately needs to appear in Super Robot Wars soon.
- Does this mean Jody is some sort of legendarily crafty Warboss?
- Or an Alternative timeline of Armored Core, where Wilson was able to prevent the events that lead to 4 from happening and the corporations screwing the world over since if Hawke had his way, he would have either destroyed the world or provoked a collapse of society that would force humanity to have the corporations to be in power.
With the "death" of Emperor Lelouch, peace reigned, but not for very long before Britannia fractured into numerous smaller nations, with a group of individuals deciding to finish the rebellion that Washington started and create the United States of America at last. Of course, the birth of the United States would obviously be a tumultous one, with UFN "peacekeepers" and pro-Imperial splinter factions running amok while the nascent American government tried to get its shit together. Eventually, the last of the UFN forces and pro-Imperial holdouts were driven out and crushed in the Arizona Conflict/Insurrection, where Michael Wilson and Richard Hawk first rose to prominence.
Metal Wolf is a more compact evolution of the Knightmare Frame, packing enuff dakka to make even Cornelia's captured Akatsuki jealous, among other things. Depending on what theory you subscribe to, Michael is either the reincarnation of Lelouch or Lelouch himself under a different name and face, having traded in his twenty levels of "magnificent bastard" for enough levels of "badass mecha pilot" to surpass Suzaku and Kallen's combined skills (he's still very much a Large Ham, though). Likewise, Richard is a reincarnation of Schneizel, albeit with a fraction of his original chess skills and exponentially more ham and ax-craziness. Alternately, Richard could also be a reincarnation of Suzaku, whose Chronic Backstabbing Disorder became severe enough to cause him to turn on Michael/Lelouch one last time; while he still has a few levels of "badass mecha pilot," he had to give up some of them in order to be sufficiently hammy and Ax-Crazy. Jody defies explanation, but it's possible she could be a significantly loopier version of C.C., finally driven crazy by her centuries of continued existence but still having just enough mental presence to stick with Lelouch (or at least Lelouch's reincarnation) and help Lelouch/Michael in his endeavors.
- Hey, somebody mentioned Metal Wolf Chaos in the Code Geass WMG page. I just decided to complete the circle.