A Courtesan of Rome is a Visual Novel part of the Choices: Stories You Play app. You play as a Gallic courtesan in Roman Republic seeking to reunite with her family amidst the turbulent political climate. Along the way, you must seduce your way among Roman officials and use your wiles to meet your ends.
Contains examples of:
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: After Arin tells Sabina that the former killed Legate Aquila or Marc Antony banished him, the latter celebrates by discarding his belongings in their house.
- Bodyguard Crush: One of Arins love interests is her own bodyguard Syphax.
- Bury Your Gays: A flashback revealed that Cingerixs lover Tallius died in the Roman raid against the Catauni.
- Canine Companion: Chapter 4 provides a premium option to adopt Marc Antonys greyhound, with the default name being Artemis.
- Defeat as Backstory: The Catauni tribe was invaded and Arin and her family enslaved aftetwards, which scattered them around Roman territory.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Chapter 6 provides a premium to adopt a monkey, with the default named being Cirta.
- Foregone Conclusion: Given that Julius Caesar was stabbed to death* , it was a safe bet that Arin's attempt to poison Caesar would ultimately fail.
- Gay Option: Sabina
- Good Shepherd: In contrast to Iuna Pythia, Delphinia is a kindly priestess who regularly communes with Isis to ensure her familys wellbeing.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Like almost all Choices stories, the protagonists name can be renamed, with the default being Arin.
- Arins tribe can also be renamed, with the default being Catauni.
- Historical Domain Character: As expected from a historical fiction story, several characters are this: Mark Antony, Cassius Longinus, Julius Caesar, Cleopatra VII, and Marcus Junius Brutus.
- I Have Many Names: Isis is referred to as Ceres by the Romans and Tsirona by the Gauls.
- Mixed Ancestry: Arin and Cingerix are half-Gallic from their fathers side and half-Egyptian from their mothers.
- Chapter 19 allows Arin to wear the Unconquered Queen outfit. The armor and a brunette hairstyle makes her resemble Kassandra.
- Snakes Are Sinister: Subverted with Laret, an asp Delphinia encounters in Chapter 10. According to Delphinia, asps are sacred to Isis, and Laret happens to act friendly towards her.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: A premium option in Chapter 7 allows Arin to disguise as a soldier to sneak into the Senate and influence its vote instead of merely eavesdropping on it.