Can THREE Stooges save ONE orphanage from FOREclosure?
There were two The Three Stooges video games based on the comedy team of the same name. The arcade game was made by Mylstar Electronics and there was the home video game by Cinemaware. The arcade game was called "The Three Stooges in Brides is Brides" and it's a puzzle game. The home console and PC game were composed of minigames played to earn money in order to save an orphanage and put an end to the nasty banker I. Fleecum. The NES version was published by Activision, while budget ports for the Playstation and Game Boy Advance were published by Metro3D in 2004.
Tropes for the arcade game
- Bonus Stage: Throw pies at the opera singer. Do not touch the music note. Touching the note will kill you.
Tropes for the home console game
- Be Careful What You Wish For:Guests: We want our pie, and we want it now!
Moe: You heard 'em, fellas! Let 'em have it!
- Bonus Space: There are 2 bonus spaces
- Landing on the money space adds money to your score without having to do anything.
- If you land on the SAFE! space, it will fall onto Curly's head, but you get $500!
- Canon Immigrant: The evil banker I. Fleecum previously appeared in the short "Heavenly Daze," but this was after Curly had been replaced by Shemp.
- Fake-Out Opening: When the game loads, it starts with the Defender of the Crown title card (another game by Cinemaware). As the Stooges arrive, the title music will stop with the record scratch and a speech balloon reads "HEY, YOU KNUCKLEHEADS! WE'RE IN THE WRONG GAME!"Larry: Hey, This looks like a kid's game!Moe: YOU IMBECILE! (Smacks Curly as the Defender of the Crown title shakes)
- In the NES version, Defender of the Crown is replaced with Ghostbusters II and a clip of Curly saying "Hey fellas! We're in the wrong game!" is added.
- Multiple Endings: The ending depends of how much money you have earned at the end of 30 days.
- $0-$5,000 = Ma loses the orphanage.
- $5,000-$10,000 = Ma saves the orphanage.
- $10,000-$15,000 = Ma saves and restores the orphanage.
- $15,000-Beyond = Ma saves and restores the orphanage, and the Stooges marry Ma's three daughters.
- Pie in the Face: The dinner mini-game is basically a pie fight. The more hits you get, the more cash you get.
- Pop Quiz: The radio station mini-game is a quiz featuring trivia about the Stooges and their shorts.
- Saving the Orphanage: They have 30 days and need $5,000 to save the orphanage and put the end of I. Fleecum.
- Taxman Takes the Winnings: Sometimes, landing on A Visit With I. Fleecum will have I. Fleecum take 10% of your current money as "taxes."
- Whammy: There are 2 whammies in the game:
- The Mousetrap, which injures Moe's finger. Land on it 4 times and the game is over.
- A Visit with I. Fleecum, where The Stooges get a nasty message from I. Fleecum. Even worse, it could cost the Stooges 10% of their taxes.
- Timed Mission: The Stooges have 30 days to make enough money to save the orphanage.
- Whole Plot Reference: Some of the mini games are references to Three Stooges shorts.