Slashers is an asymmetrical horror game mode for Garry's Mod created by Utopia-Games. In the gamemode, one randomly selected player plays as one of many horror icons from the likes of Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, and more while the rest (up to a maximum of 9) play as survivors. The survivors must collect a few (around 3-2) of the jerrycans scattered across the map, find and activate the generator, radio the police, wait for the police to arrive and then run to them to escape while the killer tries to kill them. Every killer and survivor have their own unqiue perks and abilities to help them slaughter or survive.
The current cast of killers include:
- Jason Voorhees, Summer Camp's killer - Sees recent footprints of survivors.
- Michael Myers, Selvage's killer - Slower than the other killers but has the ability to focus one survivor at a time.
- Ghostface, High School's killer - Sees when a survivor opens or closes a door.
- The Intruder, Lodge's killer - Sets bear traps and trip wire alarms.
- The Proxy, Subway's killer - Can become invisible and reappear while she is not visible by a survivor.
The current cast of survivors include:
- Audrey the Emo - Immune to the killer's secondary ability.
- Franklin the Fat Guy - Has more health than the other survivors.
- Gale the Skeptical Cop - Has a revolver that can stun the killer.
- Lynda the Popular Girl - Can see where the police are when they arrive.
- Marty the Junky - Has better vision that helps him see in the dark.
- Noah the Nerd - Has a detector that can spot survivors and the killer nearby.
- Rolland the Black That Dies First - Has three keys that allow him to lock and unlock doors.
- Sydney the Final Girl - Immune to the killer's main ability.
- Trent the Jock - Has a higher stamina than other survivors.
The game mode is free to download here.
Not to be confused by the 2016 series, Slasher.
This game mode provides examples of:
- All-Stereotype Cast: All the survivors represent some stereotypical slasher film archetypes. See above.
- Axe Before Entering: The killer can destroy any openable doors by hitting it until it breaks with their weapon, although they can just open it unless Rolland locks it with his keys.
- Bear Trap: The Intruder's ability is to place a few of these along with tripwire alarms.
- Black Dude Dies First: Rolland's title is explictly this, but it can be averted if Rolland isn't killed off first or manages to escape.
- Christmas Episode: Lodge, a snowy mountain lodge covered in Christmas decorations, map of The Intruder.
- Enemy-Detecting Radar: Noah's unique ability is an Alien: Isolation-style radar device. However, the device tracks both survivors and the killer with no way to tell which it was, meaning you won't know if that dot on the radar approaching around the corner is just another survivor or the killer.
- Final Girl: Sydney is based off this trope, her ability also helps out in helping her become one via making her immune to the killer's main ability, but it can be subverted if she dies before she can escape.
- Halloween Episode: Selvage, a suburban neighborhood covered in Halloween decorations, map of Michael Myers.
- Innate Night Vision: Marty's perk is his enhanced vision, allowing him to see better in the dark, reducing the need for the flashlight.
- Infinite Flashlight: The survivors' flashlights never run out of battery, but it is better left off unless in really dark areas, since it gives away your location if the killer manages to spot the light.
- Sinister Subway: Subway, an abandoned subway covered in graffiti warning of a faceless entity, map of The Proxy.
- Summer Campy: Summer Camp, a summer camp in the middle of the woods, map of Jason Voorhees.